Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surprising. I figured Basilio would be pushing the Fulmer scheming to takeover narrative

He has been very supportive even when fans call in screaming for JPs head. Still questions some of the decision making but has stated that changing coaches is the last thing we should do.

On the other hand he’s worried about Pruitt if he doesn’t at least start playing another QB. If we’re going to lose might as well be with a young QB.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
He has been very supportive even when fans call in screaming for JPs head. Still questions some of the decision making but has stated that changing coaches is the last thing we should do.

On the other hand he’s worried about Pruitt if he doesn’t at least start playing another QB. If we’re going to lose might as well be with a young QB.

If JG doesn’t improve, we’ll see another QB eventually. I just doubt they’ll make that move in September.

If they switch to a younger guy, catch fire, and have a big November then people will mostly forgive.

Basilio trying to rally the troops behind Pruitt. Talking up the players he has brought in. Says he’ll lead us out of this mess.

However, thinks JG continues to start because he must have dirt on the coaches.
What dirt could he possibly have that others do not?

My opinion and just my opinion but maybe shared by some of you.

People are clamoring for a backup QB to play Saturday, some even say start. I wholeheartedly agree that a backup QB should at least get some playing time under game situations and most importantly just ID "the guy" that is going in if/when something unforeseen occurs. To start? No way. Reasons.

1) JG Psyche: We have seen how this kid reacts. I'll bring up for giggles, the GT game. His feeling were hurt that game and he pouted. Secondly, as demonstrated most recently with BYU ...CJP got in his butt and that changed his demeanor. Everyone takes critiques and critisim in their own way and coaches know players and how to engage them...but getting in JG's tail didn't work and I don't think benching him would work.

2) We have seen this play out. It seems like for years, before going into the Florida game we are all up in arms about the QB play and the lack there of in games leading up to the game. We want a QB change...Butch Stones actually did it! With Peterman! In the Swamp! How'd that work out for us? Absolutely NO! We do not need to start a freshman actual or R/S in the Swamp.

3) JG is the QB that gives this team the best chance to win. You know it and the coaches know it. Well, actually we may not know it but see #2 above. We have seen this play out before. The QB that play will be the one that can "protect" the football, minimize mistakes and give us the best chance to win.

As the general said we have to protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game. Protect out QB and support him. We can criticize but he is one of us at the end of the day.

I think it’s hilarious when we discuss backup QBS starting and everyone brings up peterman.That man made it to the NFL and was a starting QB it’s clear that Coaching was the issue here at that time.he even transferred from Tennessee to Pittsburgh and was the starter there under a new coaching staff.factor that in as well.how many freshman is it gonna take for us to witness having good games around the league,too finally acknowledge we may or may not have a balller.you won’t know till we put em in👀🤷🏽‍♂️

Mistakes will happen from a freshman and I’m ok with that as long as it gives us a better chance to win.JG is in his 3rd year as QB force feeding us freshman mistakes that shouldn’t be happening from a veteran QB.its time for a change.

Attachments

• 0D10EDD9-2F3B-46DF-9BD9-CACAD06ABD73.png
    0D10EDD9-2F3B-46DF-9BD9-CACAD06ABD73.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back