‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

I understand when someone is wrong, you can try to justify it however you want...although word of advice, waaaay back I stated if your stance was that he’s 1/13 then on, but we aren’t signing 12 so that didn’t matter and you agreed. You definitively claimed we wouldn’t sign 4 or even have 3 commits and still bringing in a 4th on a visit.

WRONG

Yea I said we wouldn’t sign 4 AND then Burns left.

So now I am saying we won’t sign 5. If we do sign 5 this fall you were right all along

What you’re ignoring Bruin is that if you are oversigning you have to have an idea of what move you may need to make...if what they had in mind was that Burns wasn’t likely to make it then him leaving this summer instead of this winter/next spring changes nothing.

Ok...

James/Bailey
Springer/Johnson
Johnson/Pons/Gaines
Except guys don’t play exclusively in just one spot. Could easily envision a scenario where all the minutes at point between James and Springer.

Anyway my entire point of bringing him up is that now assuming Springer is on board his role seems less certain.

What you’re ignoring Bruin is that if you are oversigning you have to have an idea of what move you may need to make...if what they had in mind was that Burns wasn’t likely to make it then him leaving this summer instead of this winter/next spring changes nothing.

And what you are ignoring is when Bailey transferred in it clearly means one less guard was going to be in the 2020 class. That’s clear

And when Burns left it meant one more post was going to be added.

It’s really easy to understand

Except guys don’t play exclusively in just one spot. Could easily envision a scenario where all the minutes at point between James and Springer.

Anyway my entire point of bringing him up is that now assuming Springer is on board his role seems less certain.

There will definitely be competition...I doubt when pursuing Bailey they told him that Johnson & Springer would also be on the roster. Best case...he’s really developed and plays big minutes at PG for us and is a huge piece. Worst case...he’s beaten out by 3 five stars and a senior in JJ, and we’ve got a guy who can’t get on the floor who was a 20mpg guy as a sophomore at a P5 school.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
And what you are ignoring is when Bailey transferred in it clearly means one less guard was going to be in the 2020 class. That’s clear

And when Burns left it meant one more post was going to be added.

It’s really easy to understand

Wait what?

You mean someone had to leave the program in order for us to oversign? Hmmm, who knew.

I said all along we were going to over sign by one. 4 is over signing by 1
Actually I also have you quoted as saying “Barnes won’t oversign” and then later on that we will oversign by 2...so way to really cover your bases 😂

Also that was waaaaay earlier on when you said that...the conversation got left at your definitive statement about if we pursued Hall, we see how that turned out.

Actually I also have you quoted as saying “Barnes won’t oversign” and then later on that we will oversign by 2...so way to really cover your bases 😂

Also that was waaaaay earlier on when you said that...the conversation got left at your definitive statement about if we pursued Hall, we see how that turned out.

To be fair the narrative changed with Barnes over signing. Sure back during last season it appeared he never would over sign but that changed.

I’d love you to quote my post where I said he’d oversign by 2 because I don’t believe I did that. Need to see the context but yes at one point I never thought he’d oversign

I think the answer is that taking Bailey affected how many guards we took in this class, which is why you see us telling a top-30 PG, "thanks, but no thanks." Bailey being able to play some PG only further qualifies that.

Bailey may not have affected the total number of kids we take in the class because it is all fluid and you're playing the odds that there is movement in the spring, but he definitely affects the positional numbers. We can't take a class of all guards. We need a big man, and we are apparently willing to oversign by one to get the right guy.

I think the answer is that taking Bailey affected how many guards we took in this class, which is why you see us telling a top-30 PG, "thanks, but no thanks." Bailey being able to play some PG only further qualifies that.
Exactly

It’s really not hard.

VN Store

Back