TOM BRADY > PEYTON MANNING. Who had the better career?

Who had the better career overall? I know brady is still playing and isnt done. Is there any way we can say that Peyton had a better career? OR is he more of a mid tier Hall of Famer?
Even if you come to the conclusion that Brady had the better career, it doesn't mean Peyton is a mid tier HOFer. No matter your stance, these are two first ballot HOFers and I dont believe that we will see another QB rivalry like this in a long time, if ever. Two of the greatest QB careers ever have ended/are ending in the next few years.

I think it's a mod trolling. This and the Florida thread? Ain't nobody that dumb. Lol.

....correct, plus the Dobbs vs JG thread? Its like the Twillight Zone in here today......"Lord!!! Please let football start today so these offseason threads will stop!!! " 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Reactions: Volnation2
Peyton made everyone around him, played with him, or coached him better. Brady had the luxury or already having the players and coaches in place. He's played for the arguably the greatest coach in the history of the game. Brady throws to open receivers. Peyton threw to receivers who weren't open but, better be, once they ran the route he told and expected them to run.
A former Tennessee coach told me back in the 1990's, about a occurrence between Peyton and very talented and promising receiver (If I told you his name I think everyone from that era would remember it well). Peyton told the receiver he needed to attend his(Peyton's) summer practices with him and the other receivers. The receiver chose not to go to any or enough of them. He thought he was good enough already. I was then asked by the coach telling me the story "How many balls do you think Billy got thrown to him in the fall ?". Enough said.

Who had the better career overall? I know brady is still playing and isnt done. Is there any way we can say that Peyton had a better career? OR is he more of a mid tier Hall of Famer?
What exactly is a mid tier Hall of Famer? You're either in the HOF or you're not. Both players will get the first year they're eligible.

Brady has had the better career. It is hard to argue when you look at Brady's trophy case and also, his career is not over. Brady does play for the best Organization/Coach in the NFL so it has been an easier path towards success. Both are clearly top five QBs all time. This is like a Kobe & Jordan comparison IMO. One is great but the other is greater.

Peyton manning 4 different head coaches to a superbowl....that crazy stat alone proves how great Manning was
Brady undoubtedly has had better coaching and defenses. However, you can argue that offensively Peyton had better weapons. The only elite weapons Brady has had in a 17-year career were 2+ seasons of Randy Moss and oft-injured Gronk, who missed significant playing time in 4 of his 9 seasons.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Mid-tier???!!!??? Mind-blown.

Brady for career awards (SB's), Manning for individual awards (5 MVP's).

"Mid tier hall of famer" ain't much better.

Off topic, what is the meaning of your username? If you don't mind me axin. I've wondered and keep forgetting to ask.

Three schools and a mountain of debt in the family. UVA CAValiers. Princeton university, UT. Of course, now that the govt is planning on forgiving all the school debt, I fully expect to receive a damned refund so I can retire to Grand Cayman.

Reactions: Behr
Three schools and a mountain of debt in the family. UVA CAValiers. Princeton university, UT. Of course, now that the govt is planning on forgiving all the school debt, I fully expect to receive a damned refund so I can retire to Grand Cayman.

Cool.

I've never been to the Cayman Islands but my mom and dad went on a scuba diving trip down there back in the late 70's, I was 10 or so. I remember the underwater pictures they took and talking about Cayman Brac, it wasn't very tourist friendly back then.

Anyway, that was the first "exotic" trip they ever took, when it's brought up I always remember that. Blah blah blah.

Reactions: CAVPUT
If Manning had the teams around him that Brady has had he would have many many more Super Bowl wins than Brady, but Brady is good.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think that if Payton had played for New England we would not be having the conversation.

VN Store

Back