'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

I for one am giddy that we only have 10 commits right now, we are going to make a lotta noise during the season and December.
The fact the coaches are being very selective about accepting commits tells me that they are very confident in this team and what it can do this fall. They think the improvement on the field will lead to huge success on the recruiting trail in landing their bigger targets. I like it.

They are recruiting based off of recent success. We are recruiting based off of what our coaches will do. This means most recruits are waiting to see how we do this year. A couple may commit before fall practice. A couple may commit after seeing improvement in fall practice. Unfortunately most will wait to see how we do during the season. Also, unfortunately, magically catching up to Clemson, GA and AL this year will not happen for most teams.
As I put in the Leonard thread, think UT finishes 7-12 in recruiting and basing that off momentum from this season. Think UT will gain a bunch of momentum in September, think going undefeated is a must, first 3 are easily winnable, really need to beat UF and not stub your toe at the end of the year against Mizzou or Vandy. UT recruiting should be on the upswing after the season and recruiting momentum can swing a couple guys you didn’t think was possible. Think UT finishes strong in recruiting this year.

The fact the coaches are being very selective about accepting commits tells me that they are very confident in this team and what it can do this fall. They think the improvement on the field will lead to huge success on the recruiting trail in landing their bigger targets. I like it.
Agree, reminiscent of UGA recruiting 2017. April of that recruiting year, UGA was 51st and chicken littles heads were falling off. Started picking up in the summer but it was brought up to the coaches around July how ‘bad’ they were doing and they ALL got a good laugh about it. Why? (They knew where they were behind the scenes and knew what kind of team they had). They were already sitting well with the very top recruits, they just needed to see it on the field (sound familiar?). Needless to say, season momentum rolled into recruiting momentum and number one class.

Agree, reminiscent of UGA recruiting 2017. April of that recruiting year, UGA was 51st and chicken littles heads were falling off. Started picking up in the summer but it was brought up to the coaches around July how ‘bad’ they were doing and they ALL got a good laugh about it. Why? (They knew where they were behind the scenes and knew what kind of team they had). They were already sitting well with the very top recruits, they just needed to see it on the field (sound familiar?). Needless to say, season momentum rolled into recruiting momentum and number one class.
WGWTFA!

Reactions: Bobo0101
As I put in the Leonard thread, think UT finishes 7-12 in recruiting and basing that off momentum from this season. Think UT will gain a bunch of momentum in September, think going undefeated is a must, first 3 are easily winnable, really need to beat UF and not stub your toe at the end of the year against Mizzou or Vandy. UT recruiting should be on the upswing after the season and recruiting momentum can swing a couple guys you didn’t think was possible. Think UT finishes strong in recruiting this year.

Thought NSD this year was pretty strong.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
There isn't going to be another coaching change, Pruitt is heading in the right direction with a great staff. I think we will see the positives as this season unfolds. The summertime heat is getting to some folks. GBO!!!!
Just going to be interesting to see how much this staff can get out of our talent which is still lacking in some areas, especially depth.

Beginning to get the feeling this recruiting class is like the Wicked Witch screaming, “I’M MELTING.”

We will be fine..Will end up top 12 and with a 7-8 win season even higher. We've got an elite recruiting staff. Really believe we end up top 10 as long as we make it to a bowl and there's no excuse to not get to one. 7-5 or 8-4 is very obtainable. I've picked 8-4 with loses to Ala,Ga,Fla and Mizzou. Even Mizzou is winnable. Kelly Bryant isn't a good passer, which Mizzou will need to win games. Making Mizzou an iffy loss because it's up there and you never know what weather you're going to get.

Fully believe we see a huge improvement from year 1 under CJP. The strength and size of the players this yr compared to last year is night and day. Going to be a fun season and show the CJP doubters that we have the right man finally!

Never said we didn't have a shot. The implication from my statement was, " if we are behind are competitors in July, there is no reason for me to believe that we will magically catch up to them by December. They are still recruiting also. Unless you want to use some of Fulmer's magic dust. Comprende?

Most of those schools are close to being full and over half of them have a lower player average than we do. And that's with a 2* long snapper bringing our average player number down. We will pass those schools once the committs start coming. Nobody believes Ole Miss, Miss St,N.Carol,S.Carolina,
Ga Tech,Minnesota,Iowa,Louisville,Kentucky,NC State,Northwestern and Stanford will finish ahead of us when Feb rolls around. No magic needed to catch up to any of those teams. And numerous others we most likely pass by time the last signatures roll in.

Probably banging all the young girls like he did at FSU. Cost him his family and a lot of money but FSU does what they do best and sweep it under the rug. He will screw up again (literally) and we will see what kind of nuts AM have. This guy is a POS to people and as a person. Have a lot of alumni friends from FSU and they are so glad he is gone but not real happy with the replacement though.

The guy is a mercenary coach. I can’t say I’m surprised

VN Store

Back