Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure plenty of posters in this thread thought it was hi-larious when a GOP congressman body-slammed a reporter....and those same posters are now outraged by this event.

I'm interested to see if Trump will comment on it after referring to the congressman as a "stand up guy."

There's an inconsistency here, one that confirms my belief that most human beings are extremely stupid (it really didn't need any more confirmation).

I'd never try to rationalize either of these events.
These events. Plural.

Or just use the marriage conference to expand your understanding of what makes your wife tick so you can be an even better husband. Even if you don't care for the Christian aspect, there is a lot to learn about how a man should treat his wife in the bible. The relationship between Christ and the church is frequently compared to that of a husband and wife. Just saying, you can still grow as a man and husband even if you don't believe in Christianity.

/steps down off soapbox and prepares for incoming.

g11J7v3.gif

Pretty sure it is just a test for the men. If he even shows up, he is given a handshake and is welcome to go home. Simply going there is a stunning bridge to pass...a bridge too far for most.

Probably more stupid than brave. Just celebrated 15 in March. Still learning but what I have learned is to put God first, my wife second, then my children, then me. It works really well, because my wife puts God first and me second. It would be hard if she didn't.

Ephesians 5:25: “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her."

Christ did not just give up His life for the church. He was brutally tortured and killed in the most painful and agonizing way possible. That is not just a bible story. That is a documented historical fact. Whether you believe in the resurrection or not, the fact that an innocent man willingly went through that for His people is a lesson in ultimate sacrifice.

Congrats on 34 years!

The Christian Bible does have some reasonable advice on how to treat your wife with excellence...but then 1 line for wives - "submit to your husband"...that shiz ain't flying these days 😂

The Christian Bible does have some reasonable advice on how to treat your wife with excellence...but then 1 line for wives - "submit to your husband"...that shiz ain't flying these days 😂
There is a lot more than that in the Bible about the wife’s part in a marriage. That is just the part that everyone wants to pull out and say no way is that going to happen. Here’s the thing… If a husband is doing all the things in a marriage that he is supposed to do and doing it the way God intends for him to do it based on the Bible, then it is very easy for the wife to submit. Now, she is supposed to submit no matter what, just like he is supposed to unconditionally love her no matter what. Ephesians 5:33 gives a direct command to the husband to agape love his wife… That word agape means unconditional love, even when she does not deserve it. In that same scripture, the wife is supposed to respect her husband… That respect is unconditional respect, meaning to respect him even when he doesn’t deserve it and is not giving her unconditional love. Here is the beauty: when the husband is giving unconditional love to his wife, and the wife is giving unconditional respect to her husband, marriage becomes a peaceful and beautiful thing, because the Husband is seeking how to best serve his wife’s needs, and the wife is seeking how to best serve her husband’s needs. The marriage is now completely unselfish, just as the symbolism that we read a few verses earlier in verse 25 is with Christ and the church...Jesus was so unselfish that He gave His life for His bride, the church.

Could be why there's a 52% divorce rate.... IDK just guessing

Would hate to think so many take it that seriously, though I'm sure some do. You may have a point, I've seen born-again demographics have higher divorce rates than other Christians, which have a higher rate than nonbelievers. Jewish is higher than all the above....then again I believe that scripture is NT...

Though it could just all be socioeconomic.

There is a lot more than that in the Bible about the wife’s part in a marriage. That is just the part that everyone wants to pull out and say no way is that going to happen. Here’s the thing… If a husband is doing all the things in a marriage that he is supposed to do and doing it the way God intends for him to do it based on the Bible, then it is very easy for the wife to submit. Now, she is supposed to submit no matter what, just like he is supposed to unconditionally love her no matter what. Ephesians 5:33 gives a direct command to the husband to agape love his wife… That word agape means unconditional love, even when she does not deserve it. In that same scripture, the wife is supposed to respect her husband… That respect is unconditional respect, meaning to respect him even when he doesn’t deserve it and is not giving her unconditional love. Here is the beauty: when the husband is giving unconditional love to his wife, and the wife is giving unconditional respect to her husband, marriage becomes a peaceful and beautiful thing, because the Husband is seeking how to best serve his wife’s needs, and the wife is seeking how to best serve her husband’s needs. The marriage is now completely unselfish, just as the symbolism that we read a few verses earlier in verse 25 is with Christ and the church...Jesus was so-and-so push that he gave his life for his bride, the church.

Not going to dive into the Christian book. But, like you said, it is easily picked out and seen by many and the ideal is rejected by most.

All I can say is you can tell the books were written by men and not women 😂

It always amuses me to see just how easily the atheist or cultural Christian will lecture followers of the way about what the Holy Word of God says and means.

It's about like a Vandy fan telling Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney how to win an NC.

It always amuses me to see just how easily the atheist or cultural Christian will lecture followers of the way about what the Holy Word of God says and means.

It's about like a Vandy fan telling Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney how to win an NC.

Imagine how moderate Muslims must feel 😂

Though I'm also surprised how many of my own brothers and sisters don't know the text. I've probably had as many good conversations from non-religious people as those from Church. It's crazy.

I like other opinions, even non-religious. Just like speaking to someone from a different denomination, so many different opinions on the same text. It is interesting and widens your scope.

It goes both ways. Nobody on either side really likes to be lectured I don't think.

It goes both ways. Nobody on either side really likes to be lectured I don't think.

True. Emphasizing "side" instead of we are all in this together and trying to figure things out. However, it is hard to understand how a creature can exist without a creator creating.

True. Emphasizing "side" instead of we are all in this together and trying to figure things out. However, it is hard to understand how a creature can exist without a creator creating.

I don't think any human mind will ever make sense of the problem of infinite regress. It's completely befuddling.

Reactions: Vols4us and Sleegro
Not going to dive into the Christian book. But, like you said, it is easily picked out and seen by many and the ideal is rejected by most.

All I can say is you can tell the books were written by men and not women 😂
Neither are the actual author of the Bible. All of the writers were either told directly by God or inspired by the Holy Spirit what to write.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
There is a lot more than that in the Bible about the wife’s part in a marriage. That is just the part that everyone wants to pull out and say no way is that going to happen. Here’s the thing… If a husband is doing all the things in a marriage that he is supposed to do and doing it the way God intends for him to do it based on the Bible, then it is very easy for the wife to submit. Now, she is supposed to submit no matter what, just like he is supposed to unconditionally love her no matter what. Ephesians 5:33 gives a direct command to the husband to agape love his wife… That word agape means unconditional love, even when she does not deserve it. In that same scripture, the wife is supposed to respect her husband… That respect is unconditional respect, meaning to respect him even when he doesn’t deserve it and is not giving her unconditional love. Here is the beauty: when the husband is giving unconditional love to his wife, and the wife is giving unconditional respect to her husband, marriage becomes a peaceful and beautiful thing, because the Husband is seeking how to best serve his wife’s needs, and the wife is seeking how to best serve her husband’s needs. The marriage is now completely unselfish, just as the symbolism that we read a few verses earlier in verse 25 is with Christ and the church...Jesus was so unselfish that He gave His life for His bride, the church.

Truth. People fixate on that one line and fail to read and understand the rest. Jesus is the bridegroom who protects his bride by willingly sacrificing himself for her. We, the church, should acknowledge that sacrifice by submitting to His authority. Marriage works the same, except men are not Jesus and we don't always live up to our bargain. Women, like the church and Jews throughout the OT, are not always obedient and submissive. Marriage is simply about each partner putting the others needs before their. If you can do that consistently, you should have a good marriage.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Since this is now in the off-topic...

I was watching my newborn grandson nurse the other day, and was just staggered by the wonder of Evolution. Lots of fluids come out of my body, but none can sustain a newborn. Suddenly, a mom sprouts boobs, perfectly formed to do what they do. And they provide both colostrum and then milk, the two substances which are absolutely perfect for sustaining a newborn...and they do it at exactly the time when mom needs them to, not before and not after. And those boobs could have sprouted anywhere on her (and not his) body, but they happened at exactly the spot where a mother could cradle the child, in one of nature's most beautiful scenes. She cuddles the child and protects the child and falls in love with the child. Of course that's due to randomly evolved chemical releases that just happen to accompany the act of nursing...that was certainly a lucky thing. And then I was thinking about my newborn grandson who had never used his lungs or mouth, but immediately upon his birth he used both. And he was able to use his mouth in a very precise manner to generate suction, to remove the perfect substance, that showed up at the perfect time, from the boob that sprang up in the perfect place. And then fortunately he figured out how to swallow too...another big deal.

I then imagined the thousands upon thousands of times that evolutionary processes had failed to produce exactly the right result that allowed mammals to survive...pushing it back to square one every time, since if these processes didn't work, the child dies, eliminating the possibility of further evolution. Amazing.

And then I again realized why I was forced to believe in a Creator. It's because I simply don't have strong enough faith to believe in Evolution. So y'all are right...belief in a fairy tail Creator is for us weak-minded people.

Guilty as changed.

Truth. People fixate on that one line and fail to read and understand the rest. Jesus is the bridegroom who protects his bride by willingly sacrificing himself for her. We, the church, should acknowledge that sacrifice by submitting to His authority. Marriage works the same, except men are not Jesus and we don't always live up to our bargain. Women, like the church and Jews throughout the OT, are not always obedient and submissive. Marriage is simply about each partner putting the others needs before their. If you can do that consistently, you should have a good marriage.

And there is another entire discussion on exactly what 'submit' means. When I was in the Army, I submitted to my leaders, but they were not better or more valuable than me, and it certainly had nothing to do with gender.

And there is another entire discussion on exactly what 'submit' means. When I was in the Army, I submitted to my leaders, but they were not better or more valuable than me, and it certainly had nothing to do with gender.
Ah, now we are getting somewhere with this word submission. Adding to your thoughts: there are times that the husband shows submission to his wife.

Since this is now in the off-topic...

I was watching my newborn grandson nurse the other day, and was just staggered by the wonder of Evolution. Lots of fluids come out of my body, but none can sustain a newborn. Suddenly, a mom sprouts boobs, perfectly formed to do what they do. And they provide both colostrum and then milk, the two substances which are absolutely perfect for sustaining a newborn...and they do it at exactly the time when mom needs them to, not before and not after. And those boobs could have sprouted anywhere on her (and not his) body, but they happened at exactly the spot where a mother could cradle the child, in one of nature's most beautiful scenes. She cuddles the child and protects the child and falls in love with the child. Of course that's due to randomly evolved chemical releases that just happen to accompany the act of nursing...that was certainly a lucky thing. And then I was thinking about my newborn grandson who had never used his lungs or mouth, but immediately upon his birth he used both. And he was able to use his mouth in a very precise manner to generate suction, to remove the perfect substance, that showed up at the perfect time, from the boob that sprang up in the perfect place. And then fortunately he figured out how to swallow too...another big deal.

I then imagined the thousands upon thousands of times that evolutionary processes had failed to produce exactly the right result that allowed mammals to survive...pushing it back to square one every time, since if these processes didn't work, the child dies, eliminating the possibility of further evolution. Amazing.

And then I again realized why I was forced to believe in a Creator. It's because I simply don't have strong enough faith to believe in Evolution. So y'all are right...belief in a fairy tail Creator is for us weak-minded people.

Guilty as changed.

Also truth. Evolution is just too unlikely for me to believe. Life is too complicated to just magically happen. Too many species whose design is just too perfect. Sorry evolution. Can't swallow your pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back