Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also truth. Evolution is just too unlikely for me to believe. Life is too complicated to just magically happen. Too many species whose design is just too perfect. Sorry evolution. Can't swallow your pill.
Evolution is a scientific theory (educated guess) so it's not something to believe in. It's either taken as a fact (which it shouldn't because it's a theory) or not taken as a fact.

Also true. Submission has been perverted into people thinking a wife has to be meek and mousey and never stand up for herself. My wife defers to me as the leader of our household but she is anything close to meek. She will let me know when I'm straying from my role and I am thankful that she does so. Likewise, though I usually make the final decisions on things and the mantel of leadership of our family resides on my shoulders. I wouldn't be able to do it without her live and support though.

Evolution is a scientific theory (educated guess) so it's not something to believe in. It's either taken as a fact (which it shouldn't because it's a theory) or not taken as a fact.

I actually believe that species adapt and change. I just get off the bus when it starts heading toward the idea that the species all crawl out of the primordial muck and became birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I actually believe that species adapt and change. I just get off the bus when it starts heading toward the idea that the species all crawl out of the primordial muck and became birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Micro-evolution is easily provable. Macro-evolution isn't. The key distinction is adaptation within existing genetics vs the creation of new genetic capacity. Evolution is having a pretty difficult time proving the random creation of new DNA programming, because observable changes are generally the result of DNA losses. The continued pursuit of evolution as a valid scientific theory, even though observable science suggests otherwise, sound an awful lot like religion.

But what do I know? I believe in fairy tails.

I'm also a design engineer that creates complex systems from nothing, and knows first hand how improbable that anything so elegant and complex could happen randomly. In my business, random is never beneficial, and is sometimes fatal.

Of course they do. Otherwise we wouldn't have 200lbs black bears in the south and 400 lbs black bears in the north

There is a lot more than that in the Bible about the wife’s part in a marriage. That is just the part that everyone wants to pull out and say no way is that going to happen. Here’s the thing… If a husband is doing all the things in a marriage that he is supposed to do and doing it the way God intends for him to do it based on the Bible, then it is very easy for the wife to submit. Now, she is supposed to submit no matter what, just like he is supposed to unconditionally love her no matter what. Ephesians 5:33 gives a direct command to the husband to agape love his wife… That word agape means unconditional love, even when she does not deserve it. In that same scripture, the wife is supposed to respect her husband… That respect is unconditional respect, meaning to respect him even when he doesn’t deserve it and is not giving her unconditional love. Here is the beauty: when the husband is giving unconditional love to his wife, and the wife is giving unconditional respect to her husband, marriage becomes a peaceful and beautiful thing, because the Husband is seeking how to best serve his wife’s needs, and the wife is seeking how to best serve her husband’s needs. The marriage is now completely unselfish, just as the symbolism that we read a few verses earlier in verse 25 is with Christ and the church...Jesus was so unselfish that He gave His life for His bride, the church.
Beautifully said. I do not submit because the church tells me to or because he earns it. I submit because that's what my God wants me to do. I trust that He will do for me what my husband fails at. If a Christian woman is unequally yoked to an unbeliever, her submission may help to bring him into submission to Christ. This is far more important than getting my way all the time.

Since this is now in the off-topic...

I was watching my newborn grandson nurse the other day, and was just staggered by the wonder of Evolution. Lots of fluids come out of my body, but none can sustain a newborn. Suddenly, a mom sprouts boobs, perfectly formed to do what they do. And they provide both colostrum and then milk, the two substances which are absolutely perfect for sustaining a newborn...and they do it at exactly the time when mom needs them to, not before and not after. And those boobs could have sprouted anywhere on her (and not his) body, but they happened at exactly the spot where a mother could cradle the child, in one of nature's most beautiful scenes. She cuddles the child and protects the child and falls in love with the child. Of course that's due to randomly evolved chemical releases that just happen to accompany the act of nursing...that was certainly a lucky thing. And then I was thinking about my newborn grandson who had never used his lungs or mouth, but immediately upon his birth he used both. And he was able to use his mouth in a very precise manner to generate suction, to remove the perfect substance, that showed up at the perfect time, from the boob that sprang up in the perfect place. And then fortunately he figured out how to swallow too...another big deal.

I then imagined the thousands upon thousands of times that evolutionary processes had failed to produce exactly the right result that allowed mammals to survive...pushing it back to square one every time, since if these processes didn't work, the child dies, eliminating the possibility of further evolution. Amazing.

And then I again realized why I was forced to believe in a Creator. It's because I simply don't have strong enough faith to believe in Evolution. So y'all are right...belief in a fairy tail Creator is for us weak-minded people.

Guilty as changed.

I hit that little like button, but this is not liked...I absolutely love it.

Micro-evolution is easily provable. Macro-evolution isn't. The key distinction is adaptation within existing genetics vs the creation of new genetic capacity. Evolution is having a pretty difficult time proving the random creation of new DNA programming, because observable changes are generally the result of DNA losses. The continued pursuit of evolution as a valid scientific theory, even though observable science suggests otherwise, sound an awful lot like religion.

But what do I know? I believe in fairy tails.

I'm also a design engineer that creates complex systems from nothing, and knows first hand how improbable that anything so elegant and complex could happen randomly. In my business, random is never beneficial, and is sometimes fatal.
Dang...I really wish I was as intelligent as you...beautifully said.

When my wife applied for their MBA program 3 years ago, it was rated in the top 10.

Accounting, Supply Chain, Analytics are all top 5 nationally. Management program is 25th nationally (fahr Lane Morris!).

Supply Chain at one point was considered tops on the entire planet - may still be. We do work with one of the largest Accounting firms in Atlanta, they target UT grads in Accounting as they have one of the best success rates on the CPA exam.

My wife was looking at Accounting and Analytics. That's probably where I heard that number then.

Down in southeast Georgia you got hot humid weather AND tooonssss of swarming sandgnats that bite the sh** out of you year round

Savannah, etc is dirty. Not near as bad as Charleston. Damn shame, beautiful places.

SE georgia starting to get nice.

Damn shame Florida has Floridians in it. Else i'd move there in a heartbeat. Love the beaches.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Savannah, etc is dirty. Not near as bad as Charleston. Damn shame, beautiful places.

Damn shame Florida has Floridians in it. Else i'd move there in a heartbeat. Love the beaches.
I would never volunteerly mover to anywhere in Florida. Hot, humid, nasty and dangerious place, plus the people who live there. Many people who retired there from the North, have had their fill of the place and movered half way back and ended up in East Tennessee. They think they have died and moved to Haven.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Florida is not bad at all. Lived there for 5 years and plan on moving back in the future

west coast of FL as you move south of Tampa gets pretty nice...i'd go to some spots down there. but i'm partial to the caronlia coast as well.....and seems like a more likely destination for me some day.

west coast of FL as you move south of Tampa gets pretty nice...i'd go to some spots down there. but i'm partial to the caronlia coast as well.....and seems like a more likely destination for me some day.

that's the exact area i would stay away from. Sarasota traffic is unlike anything on Earth.

i like to hear waves crash, and the occasional tramp stamp. Also, the people are much nicer on Treasure Coast. i've got a few 'old Florida' places in mind.

There is nothing like a 5:45 am jog on the beach, topped by chasing tails all day long. My wife loves it too!

Calm down! 64E1BFCD-36D7-4866-A20D-D455042B9995.jpeg
Some people ride motorcycles and jump off ****. Last time i saw that in Mosquito Lagoon with a fly rod in my hand, i **** the bed. Granted the fish were bigger than that. I hit the exact location you want to hit with crab imitation. Fish swims over to it, and gives me the middle fin.

Didnt see another red that day.

that's the exact area i would stay away from. Sarasota traffic is unlike anything on Earth.

i like to hear waves crash, and the occasional tramp stamp. Also, the people are much nicer on Treasure Coast. i've got a few 'old Florida' places in mind.

There is nothing like a 5:45 am jog on the beach, topped by chasing tails all day long. My wife loves it too!

Calm down! View attachment 211148
Some people ride motorcycles and jump off ****. Last time i saw that in Mosquito Lagoon with a fly rod in my hand, i **** the bed. Granted the fish were bigger than that. I hit the exact location you want to hit with crab imitation. Fish swims over to it, and gives me the middle fin.

Didnt see another red that day.
probably should have been more specific, way further south than Tampa....Ft. Myers on down.....

probably should have been more specific, way further south than Tampa....Ft. Myers on down.....

let me be even more specific. Ft Myers is for rich folk, and the beach has 0 personality.

i'm sure it's nice. but when asked where to go eat on the water, we were taken to a polo/collared shirt $25 pp dinner, on the brackish water.

I do that day in and out, but when im on vacation, i want to relax.

I will say for fishing, Keys to Boca Pass is it. Specially to Triple's, Cobia, Shark, Red, and Snook.

Dat mullet run. #tarpon

let me be even more specific. Ft Myers is for rich folk, and the beach has 0 personality.

i'm sure it's nice. but when asked where to go eat on the water, we were taken to a polo/collared shirt $25 pp dinner, on the brackish water.

I will say for fishing, Keys to Boca Pass is it. Specially to Triple's, Cobia, Shark, Red, and Snook.

Dat mullet run. #tarpon
i've only been once, and i just remember flying in all i saw was turqouise water and golf courses. and i though "i could do this" lol.

agree on Tampa, way too busy.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

Dat mullet run. #tarpon
We are going down to North Captiva to stay and fish in October during fall break. I don't know what it will be like then, but we will get after it. I went to Crystal River 2 months ago, and we did not have the success the guide led my dad to believe that we would have. Sharks were small, and we didn't catch one snook or red either.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Like anything else, there are folks who know, and, folks who dont.

the best guides who catch 10-15 keeper drum dont even have a website. They eat breathe and sleep fishing. Knowledge was handed down.

Dont call after 9, cause he's up at 4-5 getting crab, pigfish, croaker, or mullet out of the trap. That's the difference. Fish want fresh bait.

Sorry you he a bad time. Crystal River is unlike any other place in Florida. Catching shark and predatory fish is like tying a shoelace. See bird, work your way up.

Ive personally fed redfish from shore into a waiting blacktip's mouth. I turned white.

Snook are another thing. They're super selective. Redfish too. Once they key on something, its game on. And then its who ever gives up.

any guide worth a **** would put you under a bridge on incoming or outgoing tide. Or find a baitball with Spanish jumping.

Reactions: tennvols77
We are going down to North Captiva to stay and fish in October during fall break. I don't know what it will be like then, but we will get after it. I went to Crystal River 2 months ago, and we did not have the success the guide led my dad to believe that we would have. Sharks were small, and we didn't catch one snook or red either.
Red tide wiped the fishing out in that area. I fished around Englewood a month ago and were catching a few snook, so it’s starting to come back slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back