'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

Again I think as long as Tennessee is open and transparent about whats going on with both Bailey and King, there isnt a problem. Both of these kids are competitive, I dont see either shying away from competition. And honestly you're going to face heavy competition at every school in the SEC and major schools like these kids are being recruited by. If you want to be a lock as a starter go to a lesser program. No matter how favorable the roster if you're not getting it done someone else will replace you, IE Jacob Eason at UGA. I just would hope both kids pick where they fit in best bc thats what allows them to develop as players. I also hope that's UT.

Bama used two spots on four star QBs recently. IF there's any position where you burn an extra spot on a player its at QB. We burned a spot of freaking Chryst recently after all.

Reactions: k-town_king
-Gabe Brooks, 247
Id like to have him. Especially if JG somehow has a good enough season to declare for the draft. However, I bet he ends up staying closer to home and choosing A&M since Hornsby went to UNC. redshirt his freshman year and start after Mond graduates.

We (A&M) recruit East Texas really well. We get a lot of players out of Lufkin, Longview, etc. close enough to where family can see kids play.

Jimbo and co. are going all in on King.

We (A&M) recruit East Texas really well. We get a lot of players out of Lufkin, Longview, etc. close enough to where family can see kids play.

Jimbo and co. are going all in on King.
He's probably the best qb in the class tbh.

Again I think as long as Tennessee is open and transparent about whats going on with both Bailey and King, there isnt a problem. Both of these kids are competitive, I dont see either shying away from competition. And honestly you're going to face heavy competition at every school in the SEC and major schools like these kids are being recruited by. If you want to be a lock as a starter go to a lesser program. No matter how favorable the roster if you're not getting it done someone else will replace you, IE Jacob Eason at UGA. I just would hope both kids pick where they fit in best bc thats what allows them to develop as players. I also hope that's UT.

Bama used two spots on four star QBs recently. IF there's any position where you burn an extra spot on a player its at QB. We burned a spot of freaking Chryst recently after all.
Chryst was a necessary evil...that gets overlooked. JG gets hurt last year and you’re riding with Shrout or McBride. Any coach worth their salt avoids that. The Eason example would resonate better with me if he and Fromm were in the same recruiting class. As previously stated, Bailey then Vandergriff gets no argument. The “afraid of competition” point’s been dead to me since noted wise family man Zac Smith used the term to shade JG when he chose UT. 😒

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
I think Bailey’s better tbh.
I've only seen a few highlights of bailey so I may be wrong but I've seen a few of Longview's whole games with some friends who went there and he's really impressive. So I'm just basing off of the fact that i have a hard time believing there's a qb that is demonstrably better than king. I'm definitely not saying bailey is bad and I'm happy he's on board and would be fine if we keep him and don't recruit king. Just in my opinion king looks like he could be the best in the class. And the competition is at least as good if not better.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
I've only seen a few highlights of bailey so I may be wrong but I've seen a few of Longview's whole games with some friends who went there and he's really impressive. So I'm just basing off of the fact that i have a hard time believing there's a qb that is demonstrably better than king. I'm definitely not saying bailey is bad and I'm happy he's on board and would be fine if we keep him and don't recruit king. Just in my opinion king looks like he could be the best in the class. And the competition is at least as good if not better.
I know and respect Texas high school competition. I tend to think Georgia and Florida DB’s are better. That factors into my opinion that Bailey is a more sophisticated passer than King. I can understand why you disagree. “Demonstrably better”? No...but better nonetheless imo.

Reactions: Sleegro
I know and respect Texas high school competition. I tend to think Georgia and Florida DB’s are better. That factors into my opinion that Bailey is a more sophisticated passer than King. I can understand why you disagree. “Demonstrably better”? No...but better nonetheless imo.
Sounds like King may be that all-valuable "dual-threat."

Reactions: Sleegro
A&M will get this kid, the Hoover QB likely goes to Auburn. Bama will flip Bryce Young. Every SEC team will have pretty good 2020 QB commits

Reactions: Catbone
So if we get Bailey & King and still have JG, Shrout & Maurer... that seems like a lot of QBs. Shrout transfers?
Nah. Wouldn’t make sense unless he just knows Mauer is better. Whoever loses the WB battle next year between them probably ships out.

247Sports has learned that Longview (Texas) High Top247 quarterback Haynes King will visit Texas A&M and Tennessee the next two weekends. Lone Star State insider Gabe Brooks also confirmed the ballyhooed quarterback will take those trips.

King ranks as the No. 2 pro-style passer in the country and No. 32 player overall in the Top247 Player Rankings. He lead Longview to a 16-0 season last fall en route to a state championship, throwing for 3,877 yards and 42 touchdowns with just four interceptions. The talented athlete also ran for 664 yards and eight more scores.

The buzz around this recruitment says the Vols are in terrific shape to land King. They have just three scholarship quarterbacks on the depth chart with a huge need at the position this cycle. He last visited Knoxville in March and this time returns for an official.

-Wiltfong

Damn that's exciting to read.

VN Store

Back