'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

Like for being a good sport. I get it completely. I’m positive the relationships are good with Bailey that he isn’t the bridesmaid.

Recruitment going slow is a matter of waiting to see if this A+ staff can produce on the field. I believe if this team fights for 60 minutes every week, we will make a statement that we ain’t gonna be smacked around like punks any longer. Recruits see that, but we are practically near our recruiting ceiling until we prove it. View attachment 205906
I agree most are in wait and see approach (or so I hope), but teens tend to be impatient. Here's to hoping we can string some wins together this season and finish strong in recruiting

For once I have insider knowledge on this situation. I would consider UT a very heavy lean. Will divulge more information if appropriate.

To throwback to the old school Justice League, and, mix in a lil' old school hip hop 'Meanwhile back in tha sewaz of Dyersburg'! Son, i'm the friggin' mayor a dis beesh! Only one insider up in hurr...You best step, best this happens...btw i have no insider info. i do love this gif tho.

F8563B3B-C414-4A6F-BF18-0EC7FCA2AF32.gif

For once I have insider knowledge on this situation. I would consider UT a very heavy lean. Will divulge more information if appropriate.
Would be big time. Bring in Bailey and King in same class is how you take the next step on the field. Need multiple stud QB's on the roster to win 10+.

King is playing it very close to the vest. He is a coach's son. His dad has coached a ton of FBS recruits in the past 15 years. Having said that, he is not really influencing his son at all on this process and letting Haynes King make his own decision.

They have not yet set up any official visits, but I believe Tennessee is in good shape to get one.

-Gabe Brooks, 247 (covers TX, LA, AR and OK)

What If Bailey is a bust? You never stop recruiting good qbs. The best one will weed the weaker ones out.
Show me where loading up multiple ever worked out in a class. In today’s recruiting you don’t land BOTH Trevor Lawrence AND Justin Fields. You end up miffing one or both. No, you never stop recruiting good QB’s, but you commit face of the program status to one a class. If JT Shrout or Brian Maurer “weed out” Bailey after Guarantano leaves, you’re already recruiting Brock Vandergriff...or somebody else. I’m not talking about “promising” QB’s”...they’re conditioned to wait.

It will be interesting how Chaney will use them if they both come to UT

They would both redshirt and start reading tea leaves. One or both transfer if they don’t like the plot...fans will be reasonable and non reactionary. 😏

Reactions: Rishvol
According to some of your guys logic we would have never brought in Peyton Manning because we already had Brandon Stewart in the fold.

Peyton committed first, I believe. Irregardless, different time. Kids didn’t have their own brand by their sophomore year in high school. Peyton played baseball in the summer instead of throwing footballs in shorts against 7 other kids.

Peyton committed first, I believe. Irregardless, different time. Kids didn’t have their own brand by their sophomore year in high school. Peyton played baseball in the summer instead of throwing footballs in shorts against 7 other kids.
Stewart was first. When Manning was asked about Stewart when he committed, he said he was going to call him and see if he wanted to be roommates.

Imagine the results if he applied himself.

Reactions: DefenseWins
"I'd say Arkansas, Baylor, Tennessee, Auburn, Duke, and Texas A&M are some schools that kind of interest me on that," said King, who will confer with his father and head coach John King about his visit schedule. "We've talked about it a little bit, and I don't know exactly if it's going to be every weekend in June, but it is going to be most weekends, and I believe we're going to try to get some of those schools out of the way to try to narrow this thing down and get it done before the season."

While King hopes to still make a hand full of visits before making a decision, he said he wants to come to a decision sooner rather than later. "I guess me and my dad talked about it, probably before I go to that Elite 11 (Finals) the June 28-30 weekend," said King, referring to the national event in Frisco, Texas. King is a three-sport athlete at Longview High, where he competes in football, basketball, and track and field. At The Opening Dallas regional camp, King ran a verified 4.50-second 40 and 4.08-second shuttle. King runs the 400 meters and the 4x400 relay, and he won the District 11-6A title in the discus in April.

Leading Longview to a 16-0 record in 2018, King finished his junior campaign with 3,877 passing yards, 42 touchdown throws, and only four interceptions, while rushing for 664 yards and eight TD's on 8.6 yards per carry. King has maintained that wants to find a college home that will develop him as a quarterback. Is it fair to say that is among the top priorities in his recruitment?

"I'd say so. Have a chance to play at the highest level," King said. "Play fast and develop me as a quarterback and a person in that school and that offense." Media attention has come with the state championship, all the stats, and all the offers. King remains as cooperative as his busy academics and athletics schedule have allowed, but he's admittedly gotten fatigued by the phone calls and interview requests. "A little bit. I am (tired of the attention)," King said. "It's definitely picked up since spring came and all the coaches have come out."

Nevertheless, King and the Lobos are anxious to kick off the 2019 football season. After delivering the program's first state championship in 81 years, King said he and his teammates are not satisfied. "We still have a goal this fall," King said, "and we're going to set out to get that goal."

-Gabe Brooks, 247

VN Store

Back