JJ Peterson ?

What I have heard
I think it's easy to make this assumptions based off reports, but in truth the kid has been fighting an uphill battle since he's arrived. And most of it is on him.

But he's been here 8 months...and injured pretty much the whole time. 8 months...come on man haha.

It's damn ridiculous to write him off , after being on campus 8 MONTHS.... 2/3's of a year.

And he's not even the best 'freshman" LB we will have in 2019. Let the kid heal up and learn first...

I think it's easy to make this assumptions based off reports, but in truth the kid has been fighting an uphill battle since he's arrived. And most of it is on him.

But he's been here 8 months...and injured pretty much the whole time. 8 months...come on man haha.

It's damn ridiculous to write him off , after being on campus 8 MONTHS.... 2/3's of a year.

And he's not even the best 'freshman" LB we will have in 2019. Let the kid heal up and learn first...

I could completely transform my body in 8 mos. I don't recall surgery being mentioned for him so I have to ask what injury does he have that takes 8 mos to heal from? Seems like a helluva long time for an 18 year old to recover from anything shy of an ACL surgery. Serious question.

I could completely transform my body in 8 mos. I don't recall surgery being mentioned for him so I have to ask what injury does he have that takes 8 mos to heal from? Seems like a helluva long time for an 18 year old to recover from anything shy of an ACL surgery. Serious question.

Lingering injuries from high school.

I said him arriving late and unprepared was on him. I'm not trying to protect the kid.

But 8 months is not nearly enough time to call someone a bust. It's very silly to even entertain that.

My thing is, why is everyone making a big deal about it??? He's the 4th best freshman LB we will have...Let him adjust.

My guess is VN is infected with a faction of fans who insist on finding reasons to disparage players; if they can't find a reason, they make one up. It's a chronic VN disease that crops up periodically. No remedy exists for it.
Too bad we can't prescribe an old West remedy of slapping a scalding iron to them and taking a shot of whiskey. Well, the whiskey we can do.

Lingering injuries from high school.

I said him arriving late and unprepared was on him. I'm not trying to protect the kid.

But 8 months is not nearly enough time to call someone a bust. It's very silly to even entertain that.

My thing is, why is everyone making a big deal about it??? He's the 4th best freshman LB we will have...Let him adjust.

I'm not saying he's a bust. Just wondering what type injury takes 8 mos to heal?

Last fall I simply asked a legitimate Q ... "Why everyone thot JJP was a surefire star?". I instantly got raked over the coals.
He was our #1 recruit in a bad year who got delayed. It's one of the weird things @ fans. They have basically NO information @ certain players. But for some reason nearly the entire herd goes bat sh*t crazy over certain individuals. Others not so much.

JJPs unfounded hype exceeds other off-season greats like Kenny O'Neal, Drew Richmond, or Matt Milton. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Note:. I have no idea how good JJP ends up being.
What's weird is your liberal use of the @ symbol in odd places.

I'm not saying he's a bust. Just wondering what type injury takes 8 mos to heal?

*injurie(s)...
that's the key.
bad ankle with no treatment leads to a bad back. Bad back leads to gaining more weight and etc etc.
In football, espcecially, this holds true because the nature of the sport leads to systematic injuries.

Reactions: SmokinBob
It’s another way of spelling SOFT.

I'm hoping this is not the case with JJ. Lots of kids that excelled in high school due to their size or athleticism against smaller less athletic kids sometimes get overwhelmed when everybody on the field has those gifts. Only 2 ways to get around it, work through it and excel or shrink into the shadows and become a never was.

Was Peterson overrated, let's hope not, because he was considered the cream of the recruiting class, but only time will tell how he progresses.
The Vols really need some of these highly rated kids to actually step up and become head hunters and play with an edge, it's been so very long since we've expierenced a dominant football player at UT....
Go Vols

Reactions: Blackburn
JJ was a “dog” before and after he stepped on campus, didn’t need any pushing. You either are or you aren’t imo.

I agree, you either have the heart and burning desire to succeed or you don't, we just don't have enough players yet with the "Dog" mentality

Reactions: Remy
My guess is VN is infected with a faction of fans who insist on finding reasons to disparage players; if they can't find a reason, they make one up. It's a chronic VN disease that crops up periodically. No remedy exists for it.

Sounds just like a political party that sits on the "left side of history".

“Dominate” is a strong word but I do expect each of them to upgrade our offensive line.
Well, it'd be hard to be worse than our OL was last year, but the SEC is a tough place for freshmen linemen. If they are somewhat of a liability against good DL's this first year it won't mean they are busts.

Was Peterson overrated, let's hope not, because he was considered the cream of the recruiting class, but only time will tell how he progresses.
The Vols really need some of these highly rated kids to actually step up and become head hunters and play with an edge, it's been so very long since we've expierenced a dominant football player at UT....
Go Vols

If they play like head hunters, some jackwad referee will say, "targeting".

WAY too early to even be thinking a bust, had to choose all in on school or working out, he did what he needed to do and that should show what he is capable of. Damn the way some people on this board talk I bet they were all superstars in their day. Give the kid a break and just talk about those you have something good to say about, I realize with a few on here that means we won't hear from you again so let me be the first to say "was different knowing you,bye".

Wait a sec. Isn't that just what was being said about Dillon Bates?

VN Store

Back