JJ Peterson ?

He’s soft and weak mentally.
That's a little harsher than I would put it... but I'm not expecting him to contribute. Stars aside, why should we? He struggled to quality and he came in over weight, which show me a lack of commitment. I don't care how talented a person is, if they lack commitment I don't expect them to contribute.

Reactions: 08Vol and KBVol
I've never seen a fan forum so eager to be critical of their players as this one. You aren't seeing his name mentioned in spring practice reports and so that = bust? Good lord. He made it in at literally the last possible minute... even referring to him as a redshirt freshman isn't doing his situation justice. He has been on campus for 7 months.

I've never seen a fan forum so eager to be critical of their players as this one. You aren't seeing his name mentioned in spring practice reports and so that = bust? Good lord. He made it in at literally the last possible minute... even referring to him as a redshirt freshman isn't doing his situation justice. He has been on campus for 7 months.
Get out of here with your level headedness, your logical point of view, and calm demeanor.

Anyway, even if he were healthy; where would he start?

We just recrtuited 3 true freshman that are better than him. Crouch, To'oto'o, and Harrison are exceptional players. Then you have veterans like Bituli, Taylor, and Ignot.

Probably by the end of his RS sophomore year is when we start to see Peterson make an impact

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
giphy.gif

Siap, but applies here as well:

I've said it several times over the past few months, but we, as a fan base, have been conditioned over the past sevral years to think that if a guy that's highly rated comes in and doesn't turn out to be good to great from the jump, then he's a bust.

and there's good precedents there to back up why we feel that way....that shouldn't be overlooked here lol. cause we most certainly have had our fair share of "busts".

but that's still the exception not the rule...imagine if guys like Kmac, Tuttle, bates, barnett, phillips, hall, jack jones...etc, etc, etc...came in here w/out HAVING to be contributors...significant contributors....starting on day 1, and were allowed the opportunity to develop some?

i'd wager that not all of them would have left here with some of the percepitons they left with, as far as being a bust, or not having lived up to the hype.

we have a few guys on the roster right now...Emerson, Peterson are two that come to mind...that have already been given this label. and the reality is they're both very YOUNG, and do have plenty of time to be very good players here.

and as good as we think kids like HT, crouch, wright, Morris, Mcollough, keyton etc, etc are, they all have had certain expectations already placed on them as true freshmen.

we'll be back when we finally don't HAVE to count on the incoming class to be the most talented players on the team....
Logic in offseason...impressive!!!

On one of the VQ podcasts a couple months ago AP talked about how JJ Peterson waited until the absolute last minute to finish his high school work in order to get here last summer. Said something along the lines like "It wasn't impossible, he just waited until the absolute last minute to get it done." Combine that with the fact he showed up overweight, I think it's legit to question his work ethic at this point. I hope he lives up to the hype, but you can't blame anyone for questioning what kind of impact he'll make here based on how the last year has gone.

I can guarantee you that every player in the history of football has been on a training table.

Big difference in being on a training table, and not being able to get off of the training table. Kid was banged up when he got here. I would suspect next year would be his breakout year.

Big difference in being on a training table, and not being able to get off of the training table. Kid was banged up when he got here. I would suspect next year would be his breakout year.
There have been several recruits that had surgery BEFORE their freshmen season

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back