A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

The play at that level is so fast paced that officials miss many calls. Do not know what the answer is.

I will never feel bad for any Alabama or Florida state teams. And UCLA...Ugly Caucasians Living w/Asians will throw Alumni donor $$$$$$ at crooked nose Pearl and he’ll be an after thought soon......just like LSU’s Regular SEC Championship team banner...which will be hung up and then torn down faster than it took us to get Butch off the Jumbotron.

Reactions: lynnh and amorange
I said that never gets called. Which is true. But if you want to be a stickler, he was fouled before he picked it up. It was a fine no call, and if the ref did blow the whistle it should have been on Auburn anyway
You’ve got to be kidding. Picking up your dribble, then starting your dribble is the classic double dribble. To argue that there was a foul before so it’s ok to double dribble is a ludicrous defense of poor refereeing.

Auburn got robbed just like we did by the refs. Why don't the refs come out before the game begins and just announce who they have decided the winner is? And everyone can go home.
Who cares? Football is the better sport. No one ever gets robbed. Just ask the Saints.

Reactions: DixieVol
First they completely Blow a double dribble. Then we had a very similar call to the one on LT in the Purdue game. Notice how they haven't interviewed Bruce Pearl yet! Would love to hear his take!
I’m sure they shed a tear when it happened to us against Purdue.

You’ve got to be kidding. Picking up your dribble, then starting your dribble is the classic double dribble. To argue that there was a foul before so it’s ok to double dribble is a ludicrous defense of poor refereeing.
Think the point is that a foul should have been called there and the double dribble would have never happened. In that situation, the missed double dribble really didn’t change the game ending because Virginia would have still had the ball there.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
First they completely Blow a double dribble. Then we had a very similar call to the one on LT in the Purdue game. Notice how they haven't interviewed Bruce Pearl yet! Would love to hear his take!
Screw Auburn. I mean, you are right that they were bad calls but we didn't need them winning the NC anyway if our future basketball empire is to be built.

Reactions: lynnh
NCAA refs blow in all sports. There is no accountability. It’s sad!

Maybe it's a tough job? Many times it's such a bang, bang type play, it's a "judgment" call. Missed/bad calls are as old as the sports themselves. Sure, there are some bad eggs in the profession, but overall, I think they do their best to get it right. Sometimes, like we all do, they fail at their jobs.

And I've watched the replay of the last shot several times. The Auburn defender jumped into him and assumed a straight up posture. The Auburn players momentum force the UVA shooters lower half to kick out from under him as a result. This happened while he was in the air. UVA player didn't create that movement of his lower half. The Auburn player caused that. It was a foul. Auburn did not get robbed on that call.

Has it got something to do with gambling?
I am really starting to think that a lot of the popular sports games are fixed, there is just a whole lot of one sided bad calls deciding games in the last 5 years or so. Much more than I ever remember before and I'm in my 40's. I've noticed it in a lot of games where I don't care who wins.

Not an auburn fan but come on. How many games have the refs decided by there complete incompetence. That get paid a lot of money to call a fair and accurate game. Why aren’t these refs who have blown obvious calls held accountable. They need to be relieved of thier duties. If refs know they are going to be held accountable maybe they will go out of their way to make the right calls.

The foul call on the final shot was the correct call. Watch the Auburn player jump into the UVA player while he's in the air. The shooters lower body get knocked out from under him. You can't do that on your own. That was the correct call. The Auburn player definitely hit him.

I am really starting to think that a lot of the popular sports games are fixed, their is just a whole lot of one sided bad calls deciding games in the last 5 years or so. Much more than I ever remember before and I'm in my 40's.
Same for me-- really can't recall this and in the days of constant replay, it is unexcusable. (thinking of Saints playoff game, and many elimination games in March madness this year, for example)

I don't feel bad for them , glad it ended the way it did , Pearl is dirty and connected to ESPN...………….GO VOLS

Reactions: amorange
Same for me-- really can't recall this and in the days of constant replay, it is unexcusable. (thinking of Saints playoff game, and many elimination games in March madness this year, for example)

With today’s technology, human referees really are no longer needed for football, baseball, or basketball. I doubt the games would be as popular if machines monitored the game remotely, calling fouls and miscues that human refs miss. There would be many more calls. The idea of holding human refs accountable to the public should never happen. They’re human, and they miss calls, sometimes in big moments. I believe or at least hope the huge majority of the missed calls are not intentional. Otherwise, the game is crooked and rigged, so why would we want to watch if we know a game is fixed?

I agree too much going on with officals , not blaming it on HD TV refs seem have a list , Commentators are muted on my TV don't care who they like
not interested enough to listen

Auburn got robbed just like we did by the refs. Why don't the refs come out before the game begins and just announce who they have decided the winner is? And everyone can go home.
I’ve said it before and it begs repeating: the names of referees assigned to games should be published day-of just like starting pitchers for MLB games. Fans have a right to know in advance whether Anthony Jordan, Doug Shows or Joe Lindsay are going to be working the game they are thinking of attending. Then, the fans can choose to go or not.

With today’s technology, human referees really are no longer needed for football, baseball, or basketball. I doubt the games would be as popular if machines monitored the game remotely, calling fouls and miscues that human refs miss. There would be many more calls. The idea of holding human refs accountable to the public should never happen. They’re human, and they miss calls, sometimes in big moments. I believe or at least hope the huge majority of the missed calls are not intentional. Otherwise, the game is crooked and rigged, so why would we want to watch if we know a game is fixed?
this is true, but we all know that when we played LSU, the referee was blatantly biased-- even to the point where he can't call SEC games now.

this is true, but we all know that when we played LSU, the referee was blatantly biased-- even to the point where he can't call SEC games now.
I"m pretty sure Anthony Jordan had a sizeable wager on the LSU game , don't need the work now...………..GO VOLS
I

Reactions: JCP201

I don't understand why living in a free country with freedom of speech , you cannot call a ref on so many Bull***t calls made during , the conferences protect
these people put in bubble and act like they never get anything wrong Anthony Jordan hasn't called an SEC game since LSU but it was done quietly to not draw
attention to a problem.................................GO VOLS

I am really starting to think that a lot of the popular sports games are fixed, there is just a whole lot of one sided bad calls deciding games in the last 5 years or so. Much more than I ever remember before and I'm in my 40's. I've noticed it in a lot of games where I don't care who wins.

If he had not run into him, Guy might have made the shot. Never foul a 3 point shooter at anytime in the game.

VN Store

Back