A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

Nobody including Barkley, Smith, Ernie, me, you and 99.9% of VN knew that was a double dribble until after the fact. Oh yeah, we all know now and it’s only obvious after we all learned about it. Stop acting like you knew when it happened. If two all pros didn’t know you sure as heck didn’t know.
Believe it or not, I called it out to my wife when it happened, and I was rooting for Virginia. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
Well you’re the 0.1% that knew. Pearl didn’t even know or he would have lost his mind and got a review.
My dad was a girl's coach years ago, so I thought I knew the rules. Of course, at one time I knew what constituted walking, moving your pivot foot, 3 second lane violations, and palming or carrying the ball. I no longer do .

Last edited:
Nobody including Barkley, Smith, Ernie, me, you and 99.9% of VN knew that was a double dribble until after the fact. Oh yeah, we all know now and it’s only obvious after we all learned about it. Stop acting like you knew when it happened. If two all pros didn’t know you sure as heck didn’t know.
It is not important that anybody knew the call except for the three refs who blew the call and changed the course of sports history. Now it will be recorded that VA won the game when they clearly turned the ball over before it crossed the half court line and would have lost. The three point shot came after the blown call so the fouled shooter would never have come into play

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
It is not important that anybody knew the call except for the three refs who blew the call and changed the course of sports history. Now it will be recorded that VA won the game when they clearly turned the ball over before it crossed the half court line and would have lost. The three point shot came after the blown call so the fouled shooter would never have come into play
Agreed and I’m pretty sure even the ref with eyes on the play didn’t know. I’m saying all of these people saying it was “obviously a foul” didn’t know that at that time.

Agreed and I’m pretty sure even the ref with eyes on the play didn’t know. I’m saying all of these people saying it was “obviously a foul” didn’t know that at that time.
I immediately knew it was a violation. Did I know it was a double dribble? No. But I knew it was not legal. I'm not getting paid to referee a final four game either. Terrible no call to cost any team a shot at sports history. I think we should give both teams one challenge opportunity in the last two minutes of the game.

Heard his interview close after the game. Thought the handled it with class. I know Barnes is doing a really good job, but I wish Bruce was back on the hill.
Come where during the game the color man (i belive) stated his sin was the lie about a barbque. They way I understood the way he said it, he thought the reaction by UT and the NCAA penalty were a little much.

Guy Lies to the Ncaa; then is caught stealing a car. High Sheriff tells Deputy to "Take him in and Book him". Deputy: "Book him for Grand Theft Auto?" Sheriff: "NO STUPID!" "Lying to the NCAA!!".

Auburn got robbed just like we did by the refs. Why don't the refs come out before the game begins and just announce who they have decided the winner is? And everyone can go home.

If it had to be an SEC team that got shafted, I'd gladly nominate Auburn.

Believe it or not, I called it out to my wife when it happened, and I was rooting for Virginia. I thought it was pretty obvious.
The could before was more obvious and negates any double dribble.

They clearly were fouled before the violation. So no they wouldn't have turned the ball over and lost. They would have shot free throws. So no they would not have lost.
I immediately knew it was a violation. Did I know it was a double dribble? No. But I knew it was not legal. I'm not getting paid to referee a final four game either. Terrible no call to cost any team a shot at sports history. I think we should give both teams one challenge opportunity in the last two minutes of the game.
But you didn't immediately see the foul before the violation? So that no call was after a no call foul. Moot point. They would have been at the line regardless.

But you didn't immediately see the foul before the violation? So that no call was after a no call foul. Moot point. They would have been at the line regardless.

Garbage response, the zebras had swallowed their whistles on fouls the entire game so I was not surprised the touch foul was not called. However the ball handling or lack of is basic basketball rules.
You can spin your bias logic all you want ref but that double dribble was a horrible no call. A once in a lifetime opportunity was was taken away by two incompetent officials staring right at the ball handler.

Garbage response, the zebras had swallowed their whistles on fouls the entire game so I was not surprised the touch foul was not called. However the ball handling or lack of is basic basketball rules.
You can spin your bias logic all you want ref but that double dribble was a horrible no call. A once in a lifetime opportunity was was taken away by two incompetent officials staring right at the ball handler.
Bias logic? It was a foul. The foul caused the missed violation because the guy pulled his jersey and made him lose the ball.

It was a foul period. It was a missed call. Can't cry about one missed call when an even bigger one occurred that renders the one you are crying about invalid.

Bias logic? It was a foul. The foul caused the missed violation because the guy pulled his jersey and made him lose the ball.

It was a foul period. It was a missed call. Can't cry about one missed call when an even bigger one occurred that renders the one you are crying about invalid.
you're the one crying, you're always on this forum crying and trying to convince everyone your superior and know more than anyone else.I didn't reach out to you for your opinion you're the one who injected yourself so buzz off.

The could before was more obvious and negates any double dribble.

They clearly were fouled before the violation. So no they wouldn't have turned the ball over and lost. They would have shot free throws. So no they would not have lost.

No they would not. That would have been Auburn's 6th foul. It would have been Virginia side out.

This was the whole point of this thread. You said it better than I.

VN Store

Back