A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

The missed double dribble call gives the same feeling as the missed pass interference call with the Saints. With three referees watching, they’re either corrupt, have personal agendas, or are incompetent. Take your pick.
The missed double dribble call gives the same feeling as the missed pass interference call with the Saints. With three referees watching, they’re either corrupt, have personal agendas, or are incompetent. Take your pick.[/QUOT

It wouldn't surprise me if the refs had money riding on the games.

Love people like you....make a bet and don't even know me. Yes, something in me said, "Wait...what. He can't pick it up and dribble again". There have far too many ref-decided-games in this tourney. Change is coming.

"Bet" is an expression. Chill out.
If you recognized the DD, you are in the 1% of spectators, congrats.

Karma for Bruce. Feel a little bad for the players, except they signed to play for Pearl. Think he'll host a post season BBQ?
I don't feel bad for Bruce , Stevie , or players they are an extension of Bruce Almighty...…...………………...GO VOLS

"Bet" is an expression. Chill out.
If you recognized the DD, you are in the 1% of spectators, congrats.
Really didn’t think it was that difficult to call. I was wondering why the announcers were not questioning the double dribble. I thought the fix was in and they were not going to mention it.

Reactions: Big time vol
Auburn got robbed just like we did by the refs. Why don't the refs come out before the game begins and just announce who they have decided the winner is? And everyone can go home.
Alot of the refs now think the game is about them. When you don't notice the refs they are calling a good game. But guys like TV Teddy know the camera is on them. But the main thing is the NCAA is making a ton of money on these kids. That's really what it boils down to.

Reactions: Big time vol
Alot of the refs now think the game is about them. When you don't notice the refs they are calling a good game. But guys like TV Teddy know the camera is on them. But the main thing is the NCAA is making a ton of money on these kids. That's really what it boils down to.
I would love to see the SEC start talking about withdrawing from the NCAA due to the refs.

Tennessee was screwed over three time by the referees during the season. It's nice that Auburn finally got the same treatment!
Tennessee was screwed over three time by the referees during the season. It's nice that Auburn finally got the same treatment!
Regardless if it's us or any other SEC team it seem to protect The ACC and other bluebloods and it's wrong.

May have been addressed already...

Bruce was asked about this thoughts on the last few plays.... he said he chooses to stay classy and accept the outcome as is and is proud of UA.

I felt he may have taken a shot at Barnes with that comment... but, I am not sure the Barnes even raised a stink after getting screwed.

Last edited:
May have been addressed already...

Bruce was asked about this thoughts on the last few plays.... he said he chooses to stay classy and accept the outcome as is and is proud of UA.

I felt he may have taken a shot at Barns with that comment... but, I am not sure the Barns even raised a stink after getting screwed.

Pearl is a dumba$$. That is a passive aggressive remark, thus he isn't staying classy.

Not being partial nor impartial but Auburn did not get hosed in that game. The kid clearly fouled him. The Auburn kid was in the air with momentum going toward the Virginia player. He impeded his ability to follow through and land.

Not a dang one of you were screaming "double dribble" when it happened, be honest.

It was piss poor that the announcers didn't catch it. I was watching it on a sorry little tabletop kitchen tv so I assumed an opposing player tipped it or else they would have called it. I think that's the key. As it turns out, no Auburn player came close to touching it

Reactions: T-TownVol
I said that never gets called. Which is true. But if you want to be a stickler, he was fouled before he picked it up. It was a fine no call, and if the ref did blow the whistle it should have been on Auburn anyway
I disagree with you there. You pick up the ball with both hands and start to dribble again...this gets called every time except in this case. That's why it's an egregious (non) call

Reactions: Dr H Lecter

You could legitimately make a case for more than three times... Regular season games that changed the complexion of the final season standings. For example LSU@KY. KY @ Auburn. LSU @ Ole Miss... SEC tourney FL vs LSU.

We Lost 6 games this season. @KY - Battle Ball, @ Auburn, @lsu, Kansas, Purdue, Auburn. 4 games Refs played a role and other games not involving TN influenced by calls costs us SEC Seeding, Tournament Seeding and a Regular season Championship.....

Refs are going to miss call or have no calls but.........

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Thought a kicked ball should have been called with a throw in. I would have missed the double dribble call.

He should take that job and move on. He can get more recruits from name alone than he can at Auburn. Money would be more but also would cost of living. Would be better in my thinking. JMO.
Trust me.....I know all about California cost of living. But the trips to the beach and coast are somewhat worth it.

Nobody including Barkley, Smith, Ernie, me, you and 99.9% of VN knew that was a double dribble until after the fact. Oh yeah, we all know now and it’s only obvious after we all learned about it. Stop acting like you knew when it happened. If two all pros didn’t know you sure as heck didn’t know.

Reactions: Volinlife

VN Store

Back