A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

I find it evident enough to show how biased the officiating was that Virginia had to foul four times with only 17 seconds left just to get Auburn to the free throw line. Now sunshine pumpers attack.
Usually people quote that too many fouls called on a team is a sure sign of biased officials. Now you're saying that the fact that they had called very few fouls on Auburn earlier is a sign that there are biased officials. I'm confused which is it?

It would have been such a typically Auburn thing to do to take a disgraced coach from another SEC school and win a national title.

Reactions: amorange
Just got a chance to see the double dribble....WTF were the refs thinking?

That would've been called in the Lenoir City Junior Pro League ages 6-8.

Speaking of Duke, we'll how ethical the NCAA enforcement is with the impending Zion/ Adidas case. I predict a similar "Death Penalty" action like the UNC ruling.

It was a Foul on Auburn,and the LT thing, I still don't think it should have been called. Fact is two SEC teams eliminated on similar calls.Crazy stuff!!!

I find it evident enough to show how biased the officiating was that Virginia had to foul four times with only 17 seconds left just to get Auburn to the free throw line. Now sunshine pumpers attack.

I don't know if this pumps sunshine, but you do realize that Auburn got to foul 2 or 3 times before the 3pt foul just to get UVA up to the Bonus limit and burn the clock to the 1.5 second mark.

I watched it in a Dauphin Island, AL bar with Barn fans cheering and Bama fans celebrating AUs downfall. Told my buddy right before the 1/2 and end of game how smooth and fast this game went without the refs putting someone on the line every 10 seconds of game play.

Refs make bad calls in every game. It sux, but parts of the game. But dang, we can't complain when they call too many AND too little.

... Oh, not piling on, but the foul call was actually correct IMO. Got into his lower body and changed his balance during the shot. I was rooting for Bruce and the Barn (barely) and it had to be called.

I just finally watched it, and it was a foul, but I think they should redefine what constitutes a foul.

Are you kidding? The player was dribbling, grabbed the ball with 2 hands and continued dribbling. That was probably the worst call of the year and I'm not one to blame refs.

Not close to worse. I doubt Pearl understood it live.

Are you kidding? The player was dribbling, grabbed the ball with 2 hands and continued dribbling. That was probably the worst call of the year and I'm not one to blame refs.
He dribbled off his foot

In any definition, that is a foul. He crashed into his lower body. In no way was that call controversial.
I get that, but once the ball is gone, it really doesn't affect the shot at all. It's a tough position at the end of the game: you can't just give the guy an open look, but the risk of making contact is there. Heck, I don't know.

I get that, but once the ball is gone, it really doesn't affect the shot at all. It's a tough position at the end of the game: you can't just give the guy an open look, but the risk of making contact is there. Heck, I don't know.

It completely affects it. Let me push you over on your tee shot right after you strike the ball and see how your shot works out.

Do you disagree with roughing the passer/kicker penalties?

It completely affects it. Let me push you over on your tee shot right after you strike the ball and see how your shot works out.
Unless I somehow had the premonition that contact would occur, I'd love for you to explain the physics. Once my little peanut is off my club face, you could shoot me with double ought buck and it wouldn't change the ball flight in the slightest.

If you want to be a stickler, he got fouled before he picked it up. Should have been a foul regardless.
Nice deflection. Even Gene Steratore said it was a double dribble:

“As Ty Jerome brings the ball up the court, he accidentally bumps the ball off his back foot … he then re-possesses this ball with both hands. That ends his dribble.”@GeneSteratore explains a missed double-dribble violation on Ty Jerome near the end of the game.

Reactions: WhiteOakVol
Do you disagree with roughing the passer/kicker penalties?
Roughing the passer and running into the kicker are to protect the players. They don't influence the pass or kick at all. These shooting fouls aren't risky.

Unless I somehow had the premonition that contact would occur, I'd love for you to explain the physics. Once my little peanut is off my club face, you could shoot me with double ought buck and it wouldn't change the ball flight in the slightest.

1. In this case I believe he made contact prior to release. But not sure right now.
2. Seeing contact coming does affect your shot and mechanics.
3. Follow thru is vital, start hitting your golf shot with no follow thru and see if your results change.

Reactions: LoudOrange

VN Store

Back