A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

Nice deflection. Even Gene Steratore said it was a double dribble:

“As Ty Jerome brings the ball up the court, he accidentally bumps the ball off his back foot … he then re-possesses this ball with both hands. That ends his dribble.”@GeneSteratore explains a missed double-dribble violation on Ty Jerome near the end of the game.
I said that never gets called. Which is true. But if you want to be a stickler, he was fouled before he picked it up. It was a fine no call, and if the ref did blow the whistle it should have been on Auburn anyway

1. In this case I believe he made contact prior to release. But not sure right now.
2. Seeing contact coming does affect your shot and mechanics.
3. Follow thru is vital, start hitting your golf shot with no follow thru and see if your results change.
Actually, follow-through is irrelevant, unless it changes your swing/shot before the ball is gone. In the real world, we know we have to follow through to complete the swing or shot, as you are accelerating. But, if it happens unexpectedly, contact doesn't affect the ball at all.

Actually, follow-through is irrelevant, unless it changes your swing/shot before the ball is gone. In the real world, we know we have to follow through to complete the swing or shot, as you are accelerating. But, if it happens unexpectedly, contact doesn't affect the ball at all.

Follow thru is the back half of setting up the shot/swing etc correctly on the front end. Having a guy jumping into you and making contact, even after the release, is going to affect it and the end result of the shot.

I think making refs make these distinctions in split seconds is why we have such ****** officiating. Need to make the rules simpler to call and enforce
Like the dribbler of the ball picking the ball up and dribbling again being called a double dribble?

I think making refs make these distinctions in split seconds is why we have such ****** officiating. Need to make the rules simpler to call and enforce
Agree 100%. That's why I believe that once the ball is gone, a little contact should be allowed. Hit the hand or wrist, contact before the shot, knocking him down -- foul.

Reactions: WhiteOakVol
Agree 100%. That's why I believe that once the ball is gone, a little contact should be allowed. Hit the hand or wrist, contact before the shot, knocking him down -- foul.
I think you could make an argument that it should be a foul after the shot and not on the shot. Of course if the shooter makes it, it’s potentially a 5 point play...

OK, watching on sportscenter, here's my take:

That's ABSOLUTELY a double dribble. Both hands very clearly on the ball.

The defender contacts the shooter before the ball is even released, and that's clearly a foul. It's not even close to the Lamonte call, which I think should have been a no-call.

The defender contacts the shooter before the ball is even released, and that's clearly a foul. It's not even close to the Lamonte call, which I think should have been a no-call.
How about this. Can you grab and pull on a players jersey?
D3hOgARXsAEBcrR

There is not any question that that was a foul
Last call on the 3 point shot was a good call, it was the missed double dribble that was the true game changer. Unforgivable for officials at this level. I saw it and no nothing about officiating!!

Last call on the 3 point shot was a good call, it was the missed double dribble that was the true game changer. Unforgivable for officials at this level. I saw it and no nothing about officiating!!
In the Heat of the moment, none of the common taters nor coaches on the bench said anything about the double dribble. It was only later after much time for reflection.

Both hands being on the ball has nothing to do with the issue

Back in the day, you couldn’t even touch the hand after the ball was out. Such BS. Then Michael Jordan came along and a shooter could swipe away any defender and get away with it. Now refs just do whatever they want to do. But to call a game loose for 98%of it then call touch fouls at the end is maddening.

Reactions: Big time vol
Foul before the double dribble so everything else is irrelevant. Also the foul on the three was a foul.

Usually people quote that too many fouls called on a team is a sure sign of biased officials. Now you're saying that the fact that they had called very few fouls on Auburn earlier is a sign that there are biased officials. I'm confused which is it?

It was Virginia that had to foul four times just to get Auburn to the line. Did you even watch the game?

I love my basketball but man, so many games decided by sloppy officiating. It's really a nuisance for the sport.
Exactly. Hopefully everyone noticed Doug Shows was one of the officials last night. I cringe every time he officiated one of our games because he always has a biased whistle against us. If thats one of the best officials, since it was the Final 4, no wonder our officiating sucks all season long

VN Store

Back