She's Gone!!!!!!

While it was time (or past time) to make a change, I do not understand those of you who take this as an opportunity to celebrate and to ridicule. Holly has been a Vol for longer than many on here have been alive and no one can doubt her love for, and commitment to, the Vols. Let's see her off with grace and dignity--she gave her heart and soul for the Big Orange but it just wasn't enough.

Thanks, Holly for your hard work and best of luck in the future in whatever you decide to do.

Here is what`s gonna be a problem and part of why Holly lost her job. Westbrook came to Tenn as a pg because she like playing the point she played it all her HS career and told Holly she wanted to come ply pg. I don`t see her staying at Tenn if she is not the starting pg even if we get Evans.
I bet she (Evina) likes winning more. She can still get her assists if the new coach implements an offense that prioritizes player and ball movement (like ND, UConn, Louisville) and it's not just the PG trying to make showtime passes.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Sweet baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyy Jesus. Amen!

Amen & Amen... I had been waiting for a day like this that I'll turn on ESPN after I got of work and the first thing I saw was HOLLY is out & I screamed Hallaluya

While it was time (or past time) to make a change, I do not understand those of you who take this as an opportunity to celebrate and to ridicule. Holly has been a Vol for longer than many on here have been alive and no one can doubt her love for, and commitment to, the Vols. Let's see her off with grace and dignity--she gave her heart and soul for the Big Orange but it just wasn't enough.

Thanks, Holly for your hard work and best of luck in the future in whatever you decide to do.

She didn’t extend that same grace and dignity to her players every time she backed over them with the bus. Not just this season either.

I bet she (Evina) likes winning more. She can still get her assists if the new coach implements an offense that prioritizes player and ball movement (like ND, UConn, Louisville) and it's not just the PG trying to make showtime passes.

Agreed, Oregon does a great job of this too. They have two of the best passers in the country in Cazorla and Ionescu and neither has trouble getting their reps in. Cazorla handles the majority of the PG duties yet Ionescu still leads the entire country in assists from the 2.

This program is much bigger than holly Warlick. She should have stepped down before it came to this. Our next coach will come into a situation where they have a roster talented enough to immediately compete for championships

I wish her well but it was about time it happened. i'm glad he made the right decision and could see that it just was not working out.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The dust will need to settle for a few days before we will know anything. ONE THING IS FOR SURE there is likely a short list of replacements on Coach Fulmer’s desk.

I mentioned a couple of months ago that I got it from a reliable source there was already a short list back THEN. No one listened to me. Lol.

It wasn’t hard for him to fire her because he had already planned on doing so when the Sugar Honey Iced Tea started hitting the fan...let me go find my old post.....lol

I get the sentiment. But let's not be too euphoric about Holly. She didnt lose her job simply because she couldnt "fill Pat's shoes." She lost her job because she wasnt good at it. Period.

I knew the program was in trouble when Diamond DeShields was poorly managed and utilized. Holly was a great player and even greater assistant coach, but she was just riding someone else's legacy. Players would execute for Pat, but in the worst moments, play confused for Holly. It's been obvious for a long time that Holly was in over her head. And keeping her because somebody thought they were respecting Pat's wishes just made bad matters worse. Extending her last year was foolish.

Well, let's see what happens next. Should be interesting. Hold Phil's arm feels better soon, cause somebody twisted it hard for this to happen.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back