She's Gone!!!!!!

Fulmer had to let it all play out so that there would be no doubt in anyone’s mind that Holly had to go. Kinda like that dude not throwing in the towel when Ivan Drago was beating the hell out of Apollo Creed.

My favorite part of this response is they know Apollo Creed and Ivan Drogo's name, but call Rocky Balboa the "dude" who didn't throw in the towel. If my memory of the movie is wrong I apologize in advance. Ha!

I have to admit my in-corrections. I have been blazing that Fulmer would not fire her and I have been completely wrong!!! WOW!

Me and you both. But somebody had to have forced the issue. We based our belief on the long extended excuses that have been rolled out every year. I guess John Adams campaign finally paid off.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I knew the program was in trouble when Diamond DeShields was poorly managed and utilized. Holly was a great player and even greater assistant coach, but she was just riding someone else's legacy. Players would execute for Pat, but in the worst moments, play confused for Holly. It's been obvious for a long time that Holly was in over her head. And keeping her because somebody thought they were respecting Pat's wishes just made bad matters worse. Extending her last year was foolish.

Well, let's see what happens next. Should be interesting. Hold Phil's arm feels better soon, cause somebody twisted it hard for this to happen.

Holly was "good cop" to Pat's intensity. Every great team has a dynamic like that. The problem was after Pat stepped down, that dynamic went away and all you had was "good cop." The result was teams playing soft, sloppy, and undisciplined basketball. Holly's teams underperformed because she didnt demand excellence the way Pat did.

The dust will need to settle for a few days before we will know anything. ONE THING IS FOR SURE there is likely a short list of replacements on Coach Fulmer’s desk.

I mentioned a couple of months ago that I got it from a reliable source there was already a short list back THEN. No one listened to me. Lol.

It wasn’t hard for him to fire her because he had already planned on doing so when the Sugar Honey Iced Tea started hitting the fan...let me go find my old post.....lol

Reactions: kxtop
Holly was "good cop" to Pat's intensity. Every great team has a dynamic like that. The problem was after Pat stepped down, that dynamic went away and all you had was "good cop." The result was teams playing soft, sloppy, and undisciplined basketball.

No. Pat had the advantage of having her players living maybe 80 yards from her home. That meant her players could take a three minute walk to her front door anytime they needed to talk to her.. Forget the good cop/ bad cop dynamic. Having her players living separately from the dorm atmosphere and having personal access to her gave Pat an advantage Holly didn't or couldn't take advantage of.

To say Holly is being unfairly.bashed is crazy. She is being fairly bashed. Her ability as a player and asst. coach is not in question. She should have been terminated two years ago. We would still be in the tournament right now if she had been.

My favorite part of this response is they know Apollo Creed and Ivan Drogo's name, but call Rocky Balboa the "dude" who didn't throw in the towel. If my memory of the movie is wrong I apologize in advance. Ha!
You’re right. In my haste, I was thinking it was the trainer not throwing in the towel, but it was Balboa. The trainer was begging him to throw the towel.

Wait a minute! ok, Holly is gone, show some respect, she has been part of UT for 34 years, and being a Knoxville native, don't be an @$$, she's given more to UT that any of you that are praising God for her departure...........you are pathetic. If Pat was still here, she would kick your..................... for saying any of these insults...........bunch of losers =\

Thanks Holly for all your hard work, you deserve a better send off, but this is what College Sports has evolved.

Freak, please remove this thread, Holly deserves some level of respect vs. allowing some of these morons to post this crap.

Wait a minute! ok, Holly is gone, show some respect, she has been part of UT for 34 years, and being a Knoxville native, don't be an @$$, she's given more to UT that any of you that are praising God for her departure...........you are pathetic. If Pat was still here, she would kick your..................... for saying any of these insults...........bunch of losers =\

Thanks Holly for all your hard work, you deserve a better send off, but this is what College Sports has evolved.
Holly Warlick has almost destroyed what it took Pat Summitt almost 30 years to build. Holly Warlick deserves what she gets!

2x2dtw.jpg

Reactions: djohnnyg
Do y’all feel this one tweet is legit enough to assume it has happened ? How many tweets went out w wrong info on the offensive coordinator ? Any other sources quoting this yet ?

Do y’all feel this one tweet is legit enough to assume it has happened ? How many tweets went out w wrong info on the offensive coordinator ? Any other sources quoting this yet ?

The university already released a statement. It’s been posted several times. You can go to the official UT athletics website and read it. She’s gone for certain.

VN Store

Back