She's Gone!!!!!!

I've been beating this drum for a while but we should recognize the accomplishments that Holly had as a player and an assistant. The fact that she could not fill Pat's shoes as an HC does not take away from her being a LVFL....

It does not, you’re correct. But that doesn’t mean that the Lady Voly faithful can’t be relieved that her tenure as head coach is over. She certainly wasn’t very warm to the fan base over the last couple of seasons. She deserves a dignified exit, but it’s still an exit on bad terms.

Doesn’t undo the positive things she did for the program in the past, but this is about the present and the future. And the present fact is that she’s was running the program, the players and the fans into the ground. I for one am just glad we can move on from this era.

Or maybe someone like Kara Lawson who speaks champion language!

I like Kara a lot, but I am not interested in another experiment. Which is really what Holly was, she had never been a head coach. It’s a completely different ballgame. Particularly at an institution like Tennessee that’s under the microscope. We need someone with experience as a head coach who can handle the scrutiny bound to come with coaching at UT.

Tennessee Announces Change in Women's Basketball Leadership - University of Tennessee Athletics

Tennessee Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer announced Wednesday that Lady Vols basketball coach Holly Warlick has been relieved of her duties.

"Holly and I met this afternoon, and I informed her of the decision to change leadership within the program," Fulmer said. "Holly has dedicated most of her adult life to the University of Tennessee and the Lady Vols program. She loves Tennessee, and Tennessee needs to always love her back. She was front and center as this program developed into the model for women's intercollegiate excellence.

"While it certainly stings to make this decision, I am charged with doing what I believe is best for this storied program. It's important to all of us that Lady Vols basketball maintains its status among the elite."

A national search for the next Lady Vols head coach is underway. Assistant coach Dean Lockwood will maintain operational oversight of the program until a coaching hire is made.

I don’t know who exactly, but “administrators” were meeting with the players this afternoon.

Well I’m sure they are. Doesn’t mean they’re all going to transfer though. For all we know they’re meeting with them to tell them Geno Auriemma is their new coach.

Fulmer had to let it all play out so that there would be no doubt in anyone’s mind that Holly had to go. Kinda like that dude not throwing in the towel when Ivan Drago was beating the hell out of Apollo Creed.
Yeah it's like that. 😁

Reactions: cutiepie5
AARRGH, No good Fulmer will NEVER fire Holly because, extensions, buy-out clauses, too cheap, Title IX, #metoo, the blue hairs who control EVERYTHING, liberals, starbucks war on Christmas, Obama, Hillary's emails....

Wait, what?........never mind.

In all seriousness, a necessary step for the future of the program.

I don' think the announcement would have been made if the next coach was not walzing in the wings.

I like Kara a lot, but I am not interested in another experiment. Which is really what Holly was, she had never been a head coach. It’s a completely different ballgame. Particularly at an institution like Tennessee that’s under the microscope. We need someone with experience as a head coach who can handle the scrutiny bound to come with coaching at UT.
Bring on Wes Moore!!!! He would do great things as a LV coach!!!!

Bring on Wes Moore!!!! He would do great things as a LV coach!!!!

Well I’m sure they are. Doesn’t mean they’re all going to transfer though. For all we know they’re meeting with them to tell them Geno Auriemma is their new coach.

I`m not sure and can`t confirm it but i think Westbrook is gone she getting a lot of backlash on twitter then with her Mom getting into the mix it don`t look good. I think firing Holly was the correct move. As you know i have been very critical Holly from day one. I had issue about her not changing the lineup and ect. I wish her well in whatever she decide to do in the future.

AARRGH, No good Fulmer will NEVER fire Holly because, extensions, buy-out clauses, too cheap, Title IX, #metoo, the blue hairs who control EVERYTHING, liberals, starbucks war on Christmas, Obama, Hillary's emails....

I don' think the announcement would have been made if the next coach was not walzing in the wings.

Agreed, they have someone lined up already I’m sure. Admin is meeting with the players this afternoon, likely to get them all on the same page and quell any impulsory transfers.

I`m not sure and can`t confirm it but i think Westbrook is gone she getting a lot of backlash on twitter then with her Mom getting into the mix it don`t look good. I think firing Holly was the correct move. As you know i have been very critical Holly from day one. I had issue about her not changing the lineup and ect. I wish her well in whatever she decide to do in the future.

I don’t think so. She made those comments because she wants to be a Lady Vol and win. If she didn’t care and was going to transfer no matter what she wouldn’t have said anything at all. Had Holly stayed she would have been gone. If they get them a great coach why bother having to sit out a year and messing with a transfer?

Agree with you but I'm still not convinced that Walz is in play. I don't dislike Walz. I just cannot conceive he would talk with Tennessee (or anyone else) while his team is still playing in the WNCAAT, and if he did, I'm not sure I like it. I don't think a coach that would risk his/her team's success campaigning for a job is the kind of leader I'd select. We'll see how this plays out. I do hope they have someone solid in mind so this doesn't drag on.

VN Store

Back