She's Gone!!!!!!

Tennessee Athletic Director Phillip Fulmer ultimately informed Holly following the first round NCAA Tournament loss to UCLA that she will be let go as head coach of the Lady Vols Program. The program will be searching for its third head coach in the modern era of Women's basketball. Local TV Knoxville

I have to admit my in-corrections. I have been blazing that Fulmer would not fire her and I have been completely wrong!!! WOW!
Fulmer had to let it all play out so that there would be no doubt in anyone’s mind that Holly had to go. Kinda like that dude not throwing in the towel when Ivan Drago was beating the hell out of Apollo Creed.

I've been beating this drum for a while but we should recognize the accomplishments that Holly had as a player and an assistant. The fact that she could not fill Pat's shoes as an HC does not take away from her being a LVFL....
I get the sentiment. But let's not be too euphoric about Holly. She didnt lose her job simply because she couldnt "fill Pat's shoes." She lost her job because she wasnt good at it. Period.

Fulmer had to let it all play out so that there would be no doubt in anyone’s mind that Holly had to go. Kinda like that dude not throwing in the towel when Ivan Drago was beating the hell out of Apollo Creed.

Yeah, but, Apollo told him no matter what, don't throw in the towel. No matter what! I wonder if the order was given from higher up?

VN Store

Back