Game Thread: UT-Lady Vols v UCLA NCAA 1st Round

I was a student at UT in 1984-85 and that was the last year the LV lost under 20 games. I attended many games then and since then I have attended many games and even gone to SEC tourneys to watch the LV.
If CPF keeps Holly, I will still check the scores and hope they do well. I will not invest time watching them live or on tv until a change is made. This is my last post in the LV basketball forum as long as Holly is coach. Go Vols!!!
Nothing against you guys and gals, I just not going to invest the time.

I was a student at UT in 1984-85 and that was the last year the LV lost under 20 games. I attended many games then and since then I have attended many games and even gone to SEC tourneys to watch the LV.
If CPF keeps Holly, I will still check the scores and hope they do well. I will not invest time watching them live or on tv until a change is made. This is my last post in the LV basketball forum as long as Holly is coach. Go Vols!!!
Nothing against you guys and gals, I just not going to invest the time.
Thank you for putting my feelings into words. I could not agree more. I have watched every game for years. No more until Holly is gone.

Reactions: feathersax and Ace
"Should"

With Holly, they won't. Not unless Jordan is so good that she's already 1st team AA material.
I haven't seen Jordan play, so for the people that want her to come take E's spot as the starting point have an argument. Is she apoint because I thought the listed her as a G/F meaning a 2/3.

People are making stuff up about UT giving Holly performance-based ultimatums to keep her job. That's 100% untrue. She just got a bonus for making the NCAAT and she would've gotten additional bonuses for every game she won.

I haven't seen Jordan play, so for the people that want her to come take E's spot as the starting point have an argument. Is she apoint because I thought the listed her as a G/F meaning a 2/3.
She can play positions 1 thru 4 will be in the Mcdonalds game 27th of march I think don't know what position she will play but a chance to give her a look.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Why the blue hell would you wait until the EIGHTH year of failing to reach the Final Four to decide to go back to “the basics?”
What does " getting back to basics" mean? Is something magical going to happen. Believing in Holly is a waste of time.
Thanks to The Lady Vols for competing. They battled back and I enjoyed it! Meme Jackson & Cheredine Green thanks for trying the best to you.

She can play positions 1 thru 4 will be in the Mcdonalds game 27th of march I think don't know what position she will play but a chance to give her a look.
What position is she more comfortable at? On the wing? Does she move better without the? What's your take?

Massengill should be next in line for PG. She wasn't ready this year, but she has potential. And she seems willing to hang in there and work on improving.

What does " getting back to basics" mean? Is something magical going to happen. Believing in Holly is a waste of time.
Thanks to The Lady Vols for competing. They battled back and I enjoyed it! Meme Jackson & Cheredine Green thanks for trying the best to you.
Holly is lying her behind off. EVERY preseason we hear Tennesse basketball this and that. How they spend 5011 months hammering in how to play Tennessee D. What she mean is they have two 6'5 post coming next so expect to see them throw it into a crowded post.

Last edited:
She plays point guard on her high school team. To me she is like lightening and expect with the ball in her hand will get to the free throw line a lot.
It doesn’t matter what position she plays. Once she gets hollified, the life will be sucked out of her and she will be a shadow of her former self.

Reactions: Volfan2012
It doesn’t matter what position she plays. Once she gets hollified, the life will be sucked out of her and she will be a shadow of her former self.[/QUOT

I agree they all come in with championships and she has four state titles in four years I think. The Holly effect seems to make that all go away no player has been able to overcome it yet.

Reactions: SandyO and VolRoger
Losing so many players before and between our Seniors and Freshmen hurt our team. I think Annie Hayes was a big loss, plus so many others who left for one reason or another, but some who left because Holly cut their playing time, including Diamond, which is hard to fathom. Did this happen to Pat, or is this common to all coaches? I don’t think so.

VN Store

Back