'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Every pass it's supposed to be in stride Newt. Come Backs, Back Shoulder, Curls, Digs, etc. But, haters hater the more.
Back shoulder should only be used if the CB was even with the WR. Most of JGs Back Shoulder throws were when the WR had a step or two on the CB. Hopefully he can get better at identifying when to lead the WR or when to throw a Back Shoulder

By your "in stride" comment it's obvious you didn't.

Yeah I sure didn't. Especially since I offered zero commentary, just stated a quantity of completion that were in stride. I think you guys read about 200% more into posts than the actual intention.

Everyone thinks I would hit JG with my car if I saw him cross the road.

Actuality: He was not good last year, on the same level as the rest of the offense. I think he can improve and win games for us and I think Chaney can help him do that. Do I think someone could supplant him? Yes I do. That's it. No hate, just tired of seeing the litany of excuses. We get it, we all saw it. He is in a tough situation and has had terrible development. I truly hope he can turn the corner but even more I want to win.

And with that Bass, I am officially done. I will resist all bait.

Yeah I sure didn't. Especially since I offered zero commentary, just stated a quantity of completion that were in stride. I think you guys read about 200% more into posts than the actual intention.

Actuality: He was not good last year, on the same level as the rest of the offense. I think he can improve and win games for us and I think Chaney can help him do that. Do I think someone could supplant him? Yes I do. That's it. No hate, just tired of seeing the litany of excuses. We get it, we all saw it. He is in a tough situation and has had terrible development. I truly hope he can turn the corner but even more I want to win.

*starts timer

Actually, I don't know if you like or hate JG, could care less. I don't follow you like that. That would have been my blanket reply to anyone who posted the comment that you posted. It was more of a correction and not a reply to irk you. But, yea carry on......

Actuality: He was not good last year, on the same level as the rest of the offense. I think he can improve and win games for us and I think Chaney can help him do that. Do I think someone could supplant him? Yes I do.
I think most of us would agree with this. Whether or not we have somebody who will be able to challenge him on campus yet or not is the question.

Until we see what the freshmen bring to the table this spring, there’s nothing of substance to suggest either of them will be ready yet. All we’ve got of Shrout and Maurer are HS highlights and a few sound bytes from the coaches.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

we wouldn't have to go through the litany of excuses if people weren't attacking him for every little thing, and ignoring anything good.

except for the number of attempts his stats weren't terrible, and in fact are similar to the numbers our NFL QB did as a senior.

He had similar completion rate to dobbs as a senior, (63 vs 62)
he had similar yards per completion to dobbs (13.3 vs 12.5)
A much better TD/Int rate than Dobbs (27/12 vs 12/3)
Yards per attempt were in the ball park (8.3 vs 7.8)
and his passer rating last year was better than any of Dobbs years except as a senior (150 vs 141)

it just seems that he gets hated on because his number of attempts was barely more than the number Dobbs completed. (246 Attempts vs Dobbs 357 attempts)

Jarrett Guarantano College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Joshua Dobbs College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

The point is they did know. They missed their assignments.

The correct calls were made. They just failed to execute their blocking.
How the heck do you know the correct calls were made? You continue to make outrageous claims in support of JG. I don't know how good or bad he is - none of us here do - but I am not going to spout something as fact that I don't know.

Glad this is the Bailey thread since it's dedicated to JG.

It's not relevant that JG has many OC/QB coaches in his past. His good and bad points are his to own. His flaws are hidden in plain sight for anybody who understands the position. He has all of the physical attributes and guts to play it well. It's his brain that needs work. Chaney knows what to do if JG is able to digest and deliver it on the field.

Reactions: OLB19_76

VN Store

Back