'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Man look at the noodle arm in this video.... oh wait.... a tight spiral leading his receivers.... hmmmmm is that what an actual deep ball is supposed to look like?

Right on cue with the highlights lol

But I think we all can agree KC throws a very catchable ball. Nobody would deny that, especially not Mizzou's defenders.

There were times when JG got flak for “not seeing a blitz,” when he had plenty of men to pick up the blitz but somebody on the OL or a TE or RB completely blew their assignment and let a guy through untouched, though.

JG has to get better at pre-snap reads, for sure. But it’s pretty lazy to point to every time he got rocked by a blister as him not seeing a blitz.
Who said “every time”? I certainly didn’t.

There was plenty the O-Line got wrong last year. But that’s not what I was pointing out.

His pre-snap recognition was terrible last year, and it got him rocked more than “two times” (which another poster said).

I sincerely hope he’s better this year. He’s probably our best hope at QB for an improved season.

Who said “every time”? I certainly didn’t.
Fair point. Badly worded on my part.

There was plenty the O-Line got wrong last year. But that’s not what I was pointing out.

His pre-snap recognition was terrible last year, and it got him rocked more than “two times” (which another poster said).

I think the whole JG pre-snap thing is overstated. JMO. None of us know what exactly his pre-snap responsibilities were or how the coaches graded out JG in that department. Pocket presence is the much bigger concern for JG IMO

I sincerely hope he’s better this year. He’s probably our best hope at QB for an improved season.

Agreed there. I like the long term upside of Shrout and Maurer, but I'm skeptical either of them will be better options than JG as freshmen. Holding out hope that Maurer will light things up from day one of practice, though.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
While that is funny. His arm was not bad by any means. Dunno why people think he couldn’t throw.
Yeah it's fun to poke fun at his arm, but it's not terrible. But it also was just the 3rd strongest on our team last year. And it's not like our roster is loaded with elite arms right now.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

Man look at the noodle arm in this video.... oh wait.... a tight spiral leading his receivers.... hmmmmm is that what an actual deep ball is supposed to look like?

Check out the backstep to avoid the brunt of the contact at 2:07. JG would have delivered a tight completion, gotten clobbered, and immediately praised for his toughness.

Check out Bank's block on the safety at 4:50 lol. Full head of steam and meets him headon.

Last edited:

Bravo!!!! You found the only video that could possibly repeat 6 plays enough times to make it 7 minutes long and seem like he actually had more than a couple highlights 😂

Reactions: k-town_king
Everything factors in and everything needs to improve A LOT. Stop making excuses for the qb he was just as bad as the OL and the rbs...they all need to do a 180...hopefully Chaney can get the ship turned around. If everyone can admit that we can move on to the phenom...i wonder if he will be on qb1 beyond the lights next season? Anyone know if he will have cameras on him this off season?
No one making excuses. Just facts. JG does need to improve but he was our best option last year and will be until he graduates unless Bailey somehow starts as a freshman. JG needs to see things pre snap better but he reads it pretty well post snap. We had an average of like 2.7 seconds per dropbacks. Bama had over 4. JG showed potential when he had time. I suspect he will only get better with a better supporting cast.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back