'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I don't think it was a play to keep JG here I think he started because his deep ball is light years ahead of KC's,but he got the nod because there was a better chance in taking the top off the defense with play action passing with JG, all KC could do was hit shallow slant routes with good anticipation
He really couldn't do that either or better.

Qbs with good "anticipation" don't complete 45% and qbs that are bad at it don't complete 62% in the SEC.

No. Not Helton’s job to stand over the Center and call out the Safety coming up to blitz.
Uhh he was QB Coach? He was the one in the film room with JG (hopefully) trying to teach him those things.

You can blame JG if you want, but I’m going to blame the 40 year old football coach getting paid 1mil+ for not finding a way to get through to his student.

Or, ya know, it could fall back on the OL for not knowing the signals JG was calling out / or not being good enough to pick up the blitz.

Like Pruitt said multiple times, it was probably a little bit of everybody’s fault.

We are talking last year, and KC would have been better with such a bad OL. JG has the higher ceiling of course but last year KC would have been the better QB. The staff could not risk JG transferring however as this year we would have been totally screwed so JG got the nod. Like I have said numerous times, if anyone can fix JG, its Chaney.
You have lost your mind....Chryst pure sucked....period.

We are talking last year, and KC would have been better with such a bad OL. JG has the higher ceiling of course but last year KC would have been the better QB. The staff could not risk JG transferring however as this year we would have been totally screwed so JG got the nod. Like I have said numerous times, if anyone can fix JG, its Chaney.
Nah JG got the nod over KC because KC had a noodle arm and threw mostly easy-to-intercept floaters and JG at least was good at avoiding INTs. KC being Helton’s choice of GT QB is part of the reason he’s gone IMO.

Pruitt knew we couldn't turn the ball over if we wanted a chance to win games last year.

He saw something in practice that told him JG could protect the ball. If Helton really wanted KC starting then that makes Pruitt & Helton's disconnect all the more clear.

We saw what KC did when he finally got significant action.

Pruitt was right.

Look...outside of Awbarn JG wasn't very good, it is not sacrilege to say that, but he is better than Chryst period. That dude was pure awful.

I have been one of JGs biggest supporters, but he has to get better.
Don’t think anyone would disagree with this. But to argue that Chryst was better as Newt did is pure insanity

KC and JG can't hit the broad side of a bulls ass half the time. If Bailey comes in and can do it 3/4 the time, we will be just fine. He also needs to have better touch on his passes.

Reactions: TennMan101

VN Store

Back