Ginsburg, 85, hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs in fall

I don't think you get to do that when Grand is specifically talking about her mental facilities and asking you to go watch an interview, and you keep equivocating to physical health so you can claim some kind of internet victory.

ooof, you may want to go back and reread zeps and GV's initial exchange, her mental faculties were an afterthought. You're going to wish you stayed in your lane on this one.

Attempting to troll?

You specifically said Scalia didn't show any indications of being ill and told zep he was "talking out of his ass". I simply provided you with a laundry list of his documented health issues, any one of which could have killed him, he was a walking time bomb. RBG is a model of health by direct comparison.

Where am I trolling, specifically?

First off, I'd like to say I feel bad you don't like the nickname Sparkles any longer. You seemed to enjoy it and I haven't used it in such a long time. That causes a little distraught in my world.

Anyway...

First off, if you're going to attempt to defend poor Zep, you might want to look at the context of what he posted and how he posted it. Someone made mention RBG needed to resign. He stated "should Scalia have bailed when his health slipped?" I asked when to which he stated "I don't know. He died."

So, he had no idea what causes were evident in Scalia nor any health problems he might have had prior to being deceased. We call that "talking out your ass." Yes, he was. No, you shouldn't defend such behavior.

Now, you listed several problems Scalia had. What I can tell you is millions of Americans lead fairly normal lives while also coping with high blood pressure, COPD and the other ailments you mentioned. There are medications for such things that allow a person to live comfortably. Scalia was likely one of them. He had been out quail hunting the day before he died.

Quail hunting. At least it wasn't with Dick Cheney. Anyway...

Having been through the cancer tumor process, I can speak from a unique perspective that I know for a fact how badly it zaps your body. I sometimes had a hard time just walking a hundred yards, much less being able to focus on anything else. It took me months to fully recover. I would only assume the conditions and recovery time get exacerbated with age. Now, you can list all sorts of ills and ailments with Scalia all you want. He did not show signs of breaking down even at the end. You claim RBG is a bastion of good health compared to Scalia. I say you are a fool trying to compare apples to wombats.

She needs to retire at this point.

First off, I'd like to say I feel bad you don't like the nickname Sparkles any longer. You seemed to enjoy it and I haven't used it in such a long time. That causes a little distraught in my world.

Anyway...

First off, if you're going to attempt to defend poor Zep, you might want to look at the context of what he posted and how he posted it. Someone made mention RBG needed to resign. He stated "should Scalia have bailed when his health slipped?" I asked when to which he stated "I don't know. He died."

So, he had no idea what causes were evident in Scalia nor any health problems he might have had prior to being deceased. We call that "talking out your ass." Yes, he was. No, you shouldn't defend such behavior.

Now, you listed several problems Scalia had. What I can tell you is millions of Americans lead fairly normal lives while also coping with high blood pressure, COPD and the other ailments you mentioned. There are medications for such things that allow a person to live comfortably. Scalia was likely one of them. He had been out quail hunting the day before he died.

Quail hunting. At least it wasn't with Dick Cheney. Anyway...

Having been through the cancer tumor process, I can speak from a unique perspective that I know for a fact how badly it zaps your body. I sometimes had a hard time just walking a hundred yards, much less being able to focus on anything else. It took me months to fully recover. I would only assume the conditions and recovery time get exacerbated with age. Now, you can list all sorts of ills and ailments with Scalia all you want. He did not show signs of breaking down even at the end. You claim RBG is a bastion of good health compared to Scalia. I say you are a fool trying to compare apples to wombats.

She needs to retire at this point.

Upvote for fighting the good fight but still, no.

Rational folks would take her health over his, if we're going to have an honest discussion - you'll need to admit that there is bias in your calls for retirement that extend past her physical ailments.

Upvote for fighting the good fight but still, no.

Rational folks would take her health over his, if we're going to have an honest discussion - you'll need to admit that there is bias in your calls for retirement that extend past her physical ailments.

Call me irrational if you like, but I'll take a lifetime of blood pressure pills over having another cancer tumor.

Reactions: volinbham and hog88
Reactions: Orange_Crush
ooof, you may want to go back and reread zeps and GV's initial exchange, her mental faculties were an afterthought. You're going to wish you stayed in your lane on this one.

I read it. It's pretty disingenuous to ignore the argument a person is making in an effort to claim some win on a technicality. No less than three times he asked you to go watch her interviews, in context of her mental facilities.

It's funny that you've repeatedly admitted to being a troll, nakedly troll like this, and blush when we affirm you're a troll.

you'll need to admit that there is bias in your calls for retirement that extend past her physical ailments.

Actually, you'll find in my history I've said SCOTUS Justices should be term limited as well. So, no, there is no bias extending past the point that, at 85 years old, frail and not in the best of health, she should consider letting the next generation of Circuit Court judges have their chance at impacting the highest court in the land.

She's served honorably and even though I may disagree with many of her stances, I hold no ill will towards her.

I read it. It's pretty disingenuous to ignore the argument a person is making in an effort to claim some win on a technicality. No less than three times he asked you to go watch her interviews, in context of her mental facilities.

It's funny that you've repeatedly admitted to being a troll, nakedly troll like this, and blush when we affirm you're a troll.

You're falling into the same sad trap, I haven't admitted to trolling anyone in years. Clearly, you and others like to trot this out when my arguments are inconvenient, which seems more and more frequent. The RBG "mental faculties" shift didn't occur until well past the claim that Scalia wasn't of ill health and after I gave the undeniable proof that he was. The goal posts moved, you failing to acknowledge that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Actually, you'll find in my history I've said SCOTUS Justices should be term limited as well. So, no, there is no bias extending past the point that, at 85 years old, frail and not in the best of health, she should consider letting the next generation of Circuit Court judges have their chance at impacting the highest court in the land.

She's served honorably and even though I may disagree with many of her stances, I hold no ill will towards her.

Fair enough.

I'd think he might be close as well.

Now, all odds are off when it comes to Breyer.

Thomas, being relatively short, statistically should have another 4 years. I dare say Thomas, Breyer and Ginsburg are running neck and neck, despite her medical history.

Vegas knows.

You're falling into the same sad trap, I haven't admitted to trolling anyone in years. Clearly, you and others like to trot this out when my arguments are inconvenient, which seems more and more frequent. The RBG "mental faculties" shift didn't occur until well past the claim that Scalia wasn't of ill health and after I gave the undeniable proof that he was. The goal posts moved, you failing to acknowledge that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did you read the flow of the conversation? I'll help. Here are two posts in the immediate fray of comparing their health:

Agreed. No way you can do any kind of critical thinking on the medication she has to be taking.

if your health is at a point it affects your thought process or any meds that you take for it does then yes they should . They have the final say in the laws of the land . Would you want a brain sergeon working on you if they are in bad health or taking meds that alter their thoughts ? Both a pretty important occupations with a lot of responsibility .

Grand compares their health and asks you repeatedly to watch the video, all the while affirming a conversation about her mental facilities.

You claim he moved the goalposts when you actually either missed or ignored what field you were trying to play on.

Did you read the flow of the conversation? I'll help. Here are two posts in the immediate fray of comparing their health:

Grand compares their health and asks you repeatedly to watch the video, all the while affirming a conversation about her mental facilities.

You claim he moved the goalposts when you actually either missed or ignored what field you were trying to play on.

I get you want to "catch me" but you missed badly with this one, we both know it. You're committed to 'watch the video', I can respect that tack but the request came well after the implication that Scalia was in good health as a comparison to RGB. The conversation timeline from where Scalia was brought up is pretty cut and dry, it's puzzling that you keep trying to pretend it's not.

So I havent see her public appearance..was it like a HRC public appearance full of support people strategically placed in faint prevention stances while she wears Robocops torso armor underneath a drapery?

I get you want to "catch me" but you missed badly with this one, we both know it. You're committed to 'watch the video', I can respect that tack but the request came well after the implication that Scalia was in good health as a comparison to RGB. The conversation timeline from where Scalia was brought up is pretty cut and dry, it's puzzling that you keep trying to pretend it's not.

And you wonder why we still call you a troll.

Go watch the videos of public speeches of both scalia close to his death and the most recent RGB's and it obvious to me which one is in the better shape to be on the high court. While physically RGB is probably in better shape physically, Scalia's mental state was much, much better than RGB's currently.

One factoid that really shows how polarized (but not ultimately different in any real way) politics has gotten is that RBG was confirmed 96-3 in 1993. Breyer 87-9 in 1994. Even John Roberts comfortably won confirmation 78-22 in 2005. Each of those judges had clear ideological bents and wasn't thought of as a moderate at the time of nomination. Clarence Thomas was 52-48 in 1991, but there was the Anita Hill extenuating circumstance.

Look at the more recent confirms...Alito 58-42 in 2006. Sotomayor 68-31 in 2009. Kagan 63-37 in 2010. Gorsuch 54-45 in 2017. Kavanaugh (with another extenuating circumstance, but that was going to be razor thin no matter what) 50-48 in 2018.

Go watch the videos of public speeches of both scalia close to his death and the most recent RGB's and it obvious to me which one is in the better shape to be on the high court. While physically RGB is probably in better shape physically, Scalia's mental state was much, much better than RGB's currently.

@Grand Vol -- Was it true that Scalia was bird hunting the day before his death, as opposed to being propped up in a chair, being infirm on her feet, falling, breaking ribs, having cancer cut out, and recovering from tumor treatment?

If so, I', not sure where this idea that she's in such better health came from.

@Grand Vol -- Was it true that Scalia was bird hunting the day before his death, as opposed to being propped up in a chair, being infirm on her feet, falling, breaking ribs, having cancer cut out, and recovering from tumor treatment?

Could have committed suicide, for all anyone knows.. But that would totally blow up the mental state comparisons.

Where was Cheney?

Reactions: Septic
One factoid that really shows how polarized (but not ultimately different in any real way) politics has gotten is that RBG was confirmed 96-3 in 1993. Breyer 87-9 in 1994. Even John Roberts comfortably won confirmation 78-22 in 2005. Each of those judges had clear ideological bents and wasn't thought of as a moderate at the time of nomination. Clarence Thomas was 52-48 in 1991, but there was the Anita Hill extenuating circumstance.

Look at the more recent confirms...Alito 58-42 in 2006. Sotomayor 68-31 in 2009. Kagan 63-37 in 2010. Gorsuch 54-45 in 2017. Kavanaugh (with another extenuating circumstance, but that was going to be razor thin no matter what) 50-48 in 2018.
Going forward every single R needs to vote against any candidate put up but any dem president

Scalia needed rotator cuff surgery but was too weak to undergo it. Squeezing a trigger isn't exactly a strenuous activity.

VN Store

Back