Ginsburg, 85, hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs in fall

Maybe that was the calculation. Still, that's a heck of a gamble for an 80+ year old Justice. I may not agree with her, but that's a pretty amazing work ethic.

She sleeps on the job quite often. Reckon she fell out of a chair?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
She's the Bionic Justice.

Ginsburg broke two ribs in a fall in 2012. She has had two prior bouts with cancer and had a stent implanted to open a blocked artery in 2014.

She sleeps on the job quite often. Reckon she fell out of a chair?
Who knows. In a strange way I feel bad for the position she's in - 85 and trying to hold on for at least 2 more years. It's a situation she could have gotten herself out of, but still....

Hopefully she recovers quickly and no lasting damage done. Older people falling down stairs is a scary thing.
Right. Any kind of fall is potentially fatal depending on your health.. my grandfather tripped on his rug and fractured his hip. During his recover he developed pneumonia and died.

Right. Any kind of fall is potentially fatal depending on your health.. my grandfather tripped on his rug and fractured his hip. During his recover he developed pneumonia and died.
Our pastor's father fell, hit his head and died from braid bleeding. It can be very scary

Sorry about your Grandfather. A broken hip is very common in older people when they take a fall.

Almost exactly how my grandma died.

I don't get why these people want to continue to stay up there, go enjoy your retirement sheesh
Because she lives for this, both figuratively and (since 2016) literally. Her husband past away several years ago. If she wants to keep doing it, good for her. She might be one of these people that gets bored easily and drives themselves crazy if they don't have something to work on. She probably doesn't have a hobby or other non-professional pursuit that engages her to the same level that being a Supreme Court Justice does.

VN Store

Back