Will this finally settle the Manning - Brady debate?

Brady is so good he makes it look easy, almost effortless. He almost looks lazy were other qbs look nervous as the game gets down to the end. Is Brady THE GOAT? Hard to seriously say otherwise, but that doesn't mean that Peyton or several other greats can't be in the discussion. Carry on....

Completely agree. Brady is hands down one of the greatest to ever play.

Lawrence Taylor
Bruce Smith
Reggie White
Deion Sanders
Joe Green
Charles Woodson
Dick Butkus
Ronnie Lott

All of these guys are widely acknowledged as some of the greatest to ever play. But neither of them has as many SBs as Charles Haley. So Haley is the defensive GOAT?

This is where the Brady-Goat radicals find the dead end.

Lawrence Taylor
Bruce Smith
Reggie White
Deion Sanders
Joe Green
Charles Woodson
Dick Butkus
Ronnie Lott

All of these guys are widely acknowledged as some of the greatest to ever play. But neither of them has as many SBs as Charles Haley. So Haley is the defensive GOAT?

We’re a bunch of blowhards on a chat forum.

I’ve seen enough interviews with current players, former players, hall of famers, etc.

The vast, vast majority claim Brady to be the GOAT and have a difficult time putting any of this into words

I’ve seen enough interviews with current players, former players, hall of famers, etc.

The vast, vast majority claim Brady to be the GOAT and have a difficult time putting any of this into words

The Brady-Goat peddlers never articulate a metric for why it's him.
The just prattle on and on.

Lawrence Taylor
Bruce Smith
Reggie White
Deion Sanders
Joe Green
Charles Woodson
Dick Butkus
Ronnie Lott

That argument never works when Brady is involved. If his team wins the ring is all about him. When other players when a Sb it’s all about the team.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Abouta as much as Tom Moore called them in Indy. Just admit that if Peyton didn’t play at UT, people around here would have a different take about him on his career.

Manning's 5 NFL MVPs (only 4 guys have 3) and 7 x All-Pro (both untouchable records) = Manning the Most Valuable Player in the history of the League.
The Most Valuable Player in NFL History = GOAT.

34 picks in post-season.
An untouchable record.
279 ypg

Since you're a numbers guy:

40 Post Season Games started, an untouchable record.
34 Picks
Thats .85 Int's per game.

Saint Peyton:
27 Post Season Games Started
25 Picks
That's .92 Int's per game

Keep trying

Reactions: NCFisher
Manning's 5 NFL MVPs (only 4 guys have 3) and 7 x All-Pro (both untouchable records) = Manning the Most Valuable Player in the history of the League.
The Most Valuable Player in NFL History = GOAT.
So MVPs are strictly from what the QB does himself, but 6 Super Bowl rings are because of the other players and not the QB lol. Stat wise the two are very close to each other, I guess it all depends on whether you want rings or MVPs.

But not a single one of them has the balls to come here and debate! What are they hiding?!!?

This really doesnt have as much to do with Peyton or the Vols. While I think Peyton was more of a pure passer than Brady I have never claimed he was the goat. Peyton never had the greatest track record in the post season. I’m not sure you can honestly say anyone is the goat because the team you play for and other variables have so much to do with it. I think it is ridiculous to call Brady the goat because his team has won 6 sbs especially since he’s had a lot of luck and good fortune.

Take away his coach his defense his kicker and stupid play calling by other coaches and he’s anything but a big play qb. I hate Belichick too but I acknowledge that he is a great coach and the win tonight was all him.
Never won without Brady. He’s not attached to any other player throughout his success. If Brady was a non-factor he’d have been replaced.

VN Store

Back