Lady Vols vs. Georgia Game Thread

Burrell needs to play more at least she battled on the boards. Davis was a no show today she seemed to be in zombie land. We have no post player just some big girls that can't catch a basketball or defend the rim.

Reactions: djtee and SandyO
The buyout is favorable. But Fulmer will hate to make a move.
If she makes the tournament, there is no way he will do it. As I've said before, Fulmer is our best AD in years, almost all sports are doing well (Football making great hires). I think there are a bunch of us on the other side who would raise hell if Lady VOLS fans start screaming for his head because his one fault (or kindness) is his loyalty to Holly. (especially if she makes the tournament)

We got one turnover for not getting the ball in in five seconds Green had no one to throw the ball to they all ran under the basket. We got a turnover because we couldn't catch a pass and then kicked it out of bounds. We gave them numerous opportunities because we couldn't catch a pass or a rebound off the boards. We missed 9 free throws and we went 2 for 16 shooting in a quarter. That is how you beat yourself and is exactly what we did for the third game in a row.
And that’s the coach’s fault!

Reactions: Volfan2012
I agree with volfan2012. In other words---no defense. Holly is really setting records, just the wrong kind like 33 years since 3 losses in a row! They can't pass, shoot or hit free throws, are very good at turnovers and will be out of the top 20 very soon. I really hate to see it. This team just cannot play together....back to the coaches. I think they just believed all the hype about them preseason and just excepted to win by showing up. I also think the hype about Westbrook put too much pressure on her and she is just trying to hard instead of just enjoying the game. Go LV---still hoping for the best.

Something clearly is going on w/this team we know nothing about.
Girls come out and get up by a big 17 point lead & then just slack off crash & burn. WTF!!!

What happened to that team that played fairly well at Texas? We have regressed so badly. We have regressed badly since the Stanford game. We didn't play badly that game except for not guarding the 3 shot better.

Tennessee regresses every season, regardless of which group of high school all-Americans are currently wearing Lady Vol uniforms or which assistant coaches are on the bench. Only Holly and Dean have been around for the entire time.

I wish we could make a coaching change but I don't dwell on it as it probably isn't going to happen unless this continues for most of this season and next. It has to be obvious that this team has preparation problems and really needs to increase their skills defensively and offensively. No reason to come out and play like we played wasn't Georgia's defense it was just poor execution.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I believe Phil gave Holly the the one yr extension for stability. Might spend this yr using someone to talk to coaches to gauge interest. Hopefully he will have a pool of good candidates to choose from when they decide to mutually separate.

Imo she shouldn't have gotten another contract extension and they should have just let her contract run out. as long as they keep giving her contract extensions she will continue to sign them and continue to be the head coach of the lady vols.

Jackson 5 pts .
Davis 5pts.
Bench your starters.
Let Dean coach.

I have said it for a long time she needs to stop rewarding player because they are a SR,SO or JR know it has come back to bite her in the backside.

If she makes the tournament, there is no way he will do it. As I've said before, Fulmer is our best AD in years, almost all sports are doing well (Football making great hires). I think there are a bunch of us on the other side who would raise hell if Lady VOLS fans start screaming for his head because his one fault (or kindness) is his loyalty to Holly. (especially if she makes the tournament)

Fulmer is doing an admirable job. This will put him in a tough spot... but he's a smart guy. He knows what's coming and has had plenty of time to consider his options. I think he sees all UT fans as being on the same side-- but some people are going to be unhappy, no matter what.

Technically 6. Auburn is a good team.

Still no excuses for these 3 losses. Tennessee is a much more talented team than any of them.
I agree. I overlooked Auburn.
So 2-4 against teams with a pulse with Stanford, Texas and Kentucky currently in the top 25.

Last edited:
I believe Phil gave Holly the the one yr extension for stability. Might spend this yr using someone to talk to coaches to gauge interest. Hopefully he will have a pool of good candidates to choose from when they decide to mutually separate.

Holly received 3 year extension, right?

Burrell needs to play more at least she battled on the boards. Davis was a no show today she seemed to be in zombie land. We have no post player just some big girls that can't catch a basketball or defend the rim.

She do battle on the glass and i think if she plays more she will settle down and be a weapon on the offensive end because she has the game.

Reactions: Will83
Rick Barnes is where he is because he recruits 3* players who are coachable and then he coaches them and gets them better. Holly recruits 5* who already think their **** doesn’t stink cause they beat up on high school competition. After a year with holly, they are overshadowed by 3* players on other teams with good coaches. I’m sorry but we don’t have a post player (neither does UConn but they make it work). This is the worst coached team I’ve ever seen

VN Store

Back