Lady Vols vs. Georgia Game Thread

I will not give up, but I sure as hell want to see how this year play out. And next year also, would love to see how in the world you can mess up Jordan.
Maybe someone will list all the McD AA players that never reached their potentials under Holly.
We coming to the end of both the fan base and top recruits.

?......Y......Not

As has been said before, because administration doesn't care enough about women's basketball and she's perceived as "good enough". She's getting top recruits who will torpedo their basketball careers to ensure Holly wins just enough games for a mid pack finish in the SEC and early tournament exit. She's a terrible coach, but she would need to be even worse to not get the talent on her team to win enough to make the tournament... although she's working hard to prove me wrong.

I will not give up, but I sure as hell want to see how this year play out. And next year also, would love to see how in the world you can mess up Jordan.

Unless Jordan is already at a first team AA level, she will not change anything. The same was said about Evina.

I'm not so sure. We rely too much on offensive rebounding for points and I don't see us doing that well on the boards vs ND.
Anything's possible, just not very likely.
I say that because this team is just as much Jekyll & Hyde as that last 3 years w/ basically all new players. Even though you know they are more athletic when you watch them play they seem to mirror their opponent as if they aren't sure what the game plan actually is. I do see this year they are doing things they didn't at all really last year (set screens, push the pace, take 3s that aren't in desperation) however whats confusing is they will inexplicable go away from things that are working and you start seeing the standing around and then the weave and you're like... why? Notre Dame won the last Natty, they'll play up for that. They don't want to get embarrassed. I do wonder what the WNBA scouts in the crowd thought of the game.

Zero chance. At least a 20 pt blowout.
I honestly think they will play up because it'll be "showtime" vs the last team to win the trophy and Westbrook was down to ND and LV and chose to be a Vol so she will be hyped up I think. ND can get cocky sometimes too so I think that will help. I would be honestly shocked if ND won by 20.

I honestly think they will play up because it'll be "showtime" vs the last team to win the trophy and Westbrook was down to ND and LV and chose to be a Vol so she will be hyped up I think. ND can get cocky sometimes too so I think that will help. I would be honestly shocked if ND won by 20.
(WHAT'S IN YOUR CUP)

Even before the current dumpster fire state of LV basketball, I'd still would've picked ND by 20+ because Shepard and Turner will take away Tennessee's only offensive threat:. Rebound off a brick and score on the outback. Those two will kill Tennessee's interior players, the ND perimeter players will score at will, and only Westbrook and possibly Davis will offer any one on one scoring opportunities.

Trust me, it will be a disaster.

Reactions: VolfromBirth65
I suppose I am just so used to seeing them play just as close to a Texas or a Stanford as they do to a Geogria or a UAB or Bama. Do you guys think that maybe the staff might be subbing too much?
Certainly not! Need to keep Mimi and Rae in twice as much as they are getting. This coach has not screwed them up completely yet.JMHO as always

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Even before the current dumpster fire state of LV basketball, I'd still would've picked ND by 20+ because Shepard and Turner will take away Tennessee's only offensive threat:. Rebound off a brick and score on the outback. Those two will kill Tennessee's interior players, the ND perimeter players will score at will, and only Westbrook and possibly Davis will offer any one on one scoring opportunities.

Trust me, it will be a disaster.
I trust your analysis. I'll have to tune in and see though. I am a bit behind on games (gotta watch all the B12 & B10 games I missed last week) so I probably won't watch it live unless I'm caught up. I think you predicted today's loss like last week didn't you? I don't really know what to make of them. They are sort of hard to figure out.

Certainly not! Need to keep Mimi and Rae in twice as much as they are getting. This coach has not screwed them up completely yet.JMHO as always
I wonder about the chemistry is all. I wish Holly would run those plays for Rennia all throughout the game so she could get comfortable w/ them. Not after you're already down. So now she's feeling pressure ya know. If you want it to come naturally for her you have to put it in the natural flow of the game.

Reactions: Will83

VN Store

Back