Jauan Jennings leaves Tennessee (Debunked rumor)

100% agree. I'm not sure if it was injury related, but he was not utilized well at all this year. It's got to be a hard decision for him after the way Butch and staff treated him. I assume CJP will tell him that he could have a big role next year, but how hard is it to trust another coach. I hope like heck he comes back.

All the WR's were not utilized well.

We don't have a consistent pass attack. Definetly not a deep game. How is he going to put up big numbers with JG as the QB?

Jauan Jennings is one of those players you can trust to execute when it's "do or die" and the game is on the line.
I liked one of the posts on a previous page that says he'll always be remembered but didn't realize what it meant
when it said even if only for 1 play. That's not the part I liked. As much as I will always believe that catch to be a miracle,
as will all the other Vols past and present whose lives were impacted by that play, I love him just as much for plays he
made that didn't get seen by the limelight but helped the team.

There were plays where he blocked defenders who outweighed him by fifty pounds and knocked them into next Wednesday. Then there were plays where he kept on keeping on and made much more out of something or something out of nothing before the sound of the whistle.
Yes, the flashy touchdown catches he makes are great material for highlight reels, but as most have said in this thread and many more know to be true, the young man has a mental and physical toughness and a supernatural level of determination (what he calls "Dog").

I mean this as a compliment, but I think during a tough time one Winter afternoon several years ago, Jauan had to sell his dictionary to the pawn shop. That's not an insult to his vocabulary as some would incorrectly assume. It's just Jauan Jennings could never afford to know the meaning of "quit." There's no give up, lose, or fail settings within his winner's mindset. He gets results. He sets his mind to something and it's done before you know it if it is something he really wanted to do.

As you can see, I have great admiration for him and gratefulness for the great resolve he shared with all of us who love watching him play and what his desire to do whatever he can to help his team win has meant to Tennessee. Selfishly, I want him to either stay or play for the Titans, but I will wish him the best at whichever of those two options he chooses.

If he stays, the Vols will tear it up and win more than last year, maybe even have a more special year than the prognosticators allow for in their predictions if he can get enough touches. Won't he have the Senior Bowl, Senior Day and extra promotion to go along with more career stats (hopefully more than any season before)?

There's never been a play that he couldn't make. He outran the fastest and most elite DBs burning their coverage for touchdowns, passed for touchdowns, blocked above his weight and never backed down from anyone who tried to take advantage of him or a Tennessee team member. He even made that game-saving onside kick recovery because quite frankly, when a game is on the line, there is no one else but Jauan Jennings you want to be responsible for making the play if he is available. Those of us who have seen him make the difference know what I mean by that. He can get those difficult down and long situations without breaking a sweat. It's just another day at the office.

I know he'll ball out in the league whether he leaves or if he can enter the draft with a final season under his career belt. I pray that Mr. Jennings has favor on his life no matter what the situation is next season. I count myself blessed to have had the opportunity to see him perform to the best of his God-given talents and abilities every down I saw him play because when he had the opportunities, he made something special out of them. Jauan will be alright whatever he chooses. He's a born winner and a natural leader of great men. It's me I'm concerned about. I had looked forward to seeing him play in one uniform and now it may be another. Either way, I'll still find a way to watch him play and wish nothing but the very best. Go Vols! and Go or Stay Jauan!

Finally, here is a little something I wrote a couple of years ago in tribute to Mr. Jauan Jennings and I will post it here again.

It's another touchdown! See enemies roasted.
Hands raised for Tennessee like referees toasted.

He called himself "The Dog" yet ruled at football more like a blessed king
when against those Dawgs in '16, he rose to score for Vols over everything!
He won against the Tabors, all those haters, and all saw Jauan wrecked Gators.
If Jennings plays, opponents can only look... like the rest of the spectators!

Last edited:
We know very little, based on this article.

Sounds like the ONLY info the writer has is student enrollment data from UT.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume JJ's future direction without anyone even having caught up to him to ask.

He could re-enroll ... could shoot for the NFL ... could be taking care of an ill family member back home, or dealing with some other personal hardship. It could even be wrong, and he hasn't left at all.

JJ will let the world know, when he feels the time is right.

Maybe he is in "Witless Protection"?

It's not a bad strategy to send feelers out at the next level to see who's ready to play ball and what it's worth to them.
Seems good and shrewd. If he plays his business like he plays his football, he will be a rich man.

Reactions: RollerVol
Literally the dumbest article ever.

He's elected to leave the Vols unless he decides to come back.
That's what Dan Harralson does, he combines what he reads on here, rivals and 247 then reports it as he has sources. Trey Wallace does the same thing with his radio show, they operate in message board rumors. Brent Hubbs was talking last night on rivals that Jauan Jennings hadn't enrolled in classes yet, Brent also said it was planned that way because he wanted to get a draft grade. Jennings was going to talk to the coaches this week and make the best decision after he got input from all outlets. Dan is a dumba$$ and he's using volnation to solicit his pathetic articles.

it was planned that way because he wanted to get a draft grade. Jennings was going to talk to the coaches this week and make the best decision after he got input from all outlets.
He's wise beyond his years with that approach. "Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors, there is safety."

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7372729/sec2.0.gif
sec2.0.gif

Tell me they ejected that South Carolina player for throwing punches.

I have known mama Jennings for a while. She came to my office shortly after he got injured in the GA Tech game. Me and mama Jennings are in the same industry. The plan has always been to go pro as soon as he was eligible. The original plan was delayed due to his injury. I am on the outside, so conversation and talks could change, but going pro is the plan that I was told.
I was told the same thing from the family. He planned on it last year before getting hurt. I'm sure he is gone but I hope Pruitt can convince him to stay. His heart for the game is amazing but I have a hard time relating him to the NFL level. He needs to stay.

I hope he gets to set the ball on a lot of defender's chest when he makes it to the NFL.

I know he shouldn't have done that, but I ain't gonna lie, I loved it.
Fake news. He was in a hurry to briefly go celebrate with his team mates before running over to the sidelines and inadvertently dropped the ball towards the ground whilst the DB he schooled was taking a nap on the turf. Just Physics he couldn't help :oops:

If true, could potentially end up like Marquez North. Leaving early and not doing anything in the NFL is a sure possibility. Love JJ, but he needs more game film and better numbers

Well, he is eligible now, so we should all support him with the plan he and his mother already have in place if they feel the peace that now is the right timing. I think those who wanted him to consider another season first probably think it could be valuable for him on draft day to have a full, uninterrupted season of stats supporting him to get selected as high as possible for a significantly larger salary instead of missing out on what could be a difference of millions of dollars over four years.

Here is an interesting link to a Forbes magazine article published last year that explains all the details and what's important.

2018 NFL Draft First-Round Rookie Salary Projections: What Mayfield, Barkley And Darnold Will Make

Source:
Belzer, Jason. “2018 NFL Draft First-Round Rookie Salary Projections: What Mayfield, Barkley And Darnold Will Make.” Forbes, Forbes Magazine, 27 Apr. 2018, www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2018/04/27/2018-nfl-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections-what-mayfield-barkley-and-darnold-will-make/#4985a1d04581. "There is also an inherent difference between draftees picked within the first and second rounds and those in the third through seventh. Early-round draft picks — largely because of the big investments the teams are making — are much more likely to have their salaries guaranteed."

I would love to have a healthy JJ back for another year, he has more DOG in him than any other player on the roster and always gives his all for Tennessee.
God speed JJ in what ever you decide to do

Jauan Jennings is one of those players you can trust to execute when it's "do or die" and the game is on the line.
I liked one of the posts on a previous page that says he'll always be remembered but didn't realize what it meant
when it said even if only for 1 play. That's not the part I liked. As much as I will always believe that catch to be a miracle,
as will all the other Vols past and present whose lives were impacted by that play, I love him just as much for plays he
made that didn't get seen by the limelight but helped the team.

There were plays where he blocked defenders who outweighed him by fifty pounds and knocked them into next Wednesday. Then there were plays where he kept on keeping on and made much more out of something or something out of nothing before the sound of the whistle.
Yes, the flashy touchdown catches he makes are great material for highlight reels, but as most have said in this thread and many more know to be true, the young man has a mental and physical toughness and a supernatural level of determination (what he calls "Dog").

I mean this as a compliment, but I think during a tough time one Winter afternoon several years ago, Jauan had to sell his dictionary to the pawn shop. That's not an insult to his vocabulary as some would incorrectly assume. It's just Jauan Jennings could never afford to know the meaning of "quit." There's no give up, lose, or fail settings within his winner's mindset. He gets results. He sets his mind to something and it's done before you know it if it is something he really wanted to do.

As you can see, I have great admiration for him and gratefulness for the great resolve he shared with all of us who love watching him play and what his desire to do whatever he can to help his team win has meant to Tennessee. Selfishly, I want him to either stay or play for the Titans, but I will wish him the best at whichever of those two options he chooses.

If he stays, the Vols will tear it up and win more than last year, maybe even have a more special year than the prognosticators allow for in their predictions if he can get enough touches. Won't he have the Senior Bowl, Senior Day and extra promotion to go along with more career stats (hopefully more than any season before)?

There's never been a play that he couldn't make. He outran the fastest and most elite DBs burning their coverage for touchdowns, passed for touchdowns, blocked above his weight and never backed down from anyone who tried to take advantage of him or a Tennessee team member. He even made that game-saving onside kick recovery because quite frankly, when a game is on the line, there is no one else but Jauan Jennings you want to be responsible for making the play if he is available. Those of us who have seen him make the difference know what I mean by that. He can get those difficult down and long situations without breaking a sweat. It's just another day at the office.

I know he'll ball out in the league whether he leaves or if he can enter the draft with a final season under his career belt. I pray that Mr. Jennings has favor on his life no matter what the situation is next season. I count myself blessed to have had the opportunity to see him perform to the best of his God-given talents and abilities every down I saw him play because when he had the opportunities, he made something special out of them. Jauan will be alright whatever he chooses. He's a born winner and a natural leader of great men. It's me I'm concerned about. I had looked forward to seeing him play in one uniform and now it may be another. Either way, I'll still find a way to watch him play and wish nothing but the very best. Go Vols! and Go or Stay Jauan!

Finally, here is a little something I wrote a couple of years ago in tribute to Mr. Jauan Jennings and I will post it here again.

He called himself "The Dog" yet ruled at football more like a blessed king
when against those Dawgs in '16, he rose to score for Vols over everything!
He won against the Tabors, all those haters, and all saw Jauan wrecked Gators.
If Jennings plays, opponents can only look... like the rest of the spectators!

Will you say that again?

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back