Jauan Jennings leaves Tennessee (Debunked rumor)

He can still enroll for spring semester. He's scheduled to meet with coaches tomorrow about what he will do for next season. Just just got his draft grades back. I'd bet Pruitt convinces him to stay.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I don’t think JJ would leave without some statement to the fanbase. He definitely would have put something out if his mind was made up.

One of my all time favorite Vols. Met his mom at a game early his FR year. She said he was torn up about not being able to start and be on field enough. I was like "man, this kid is anxious". Makes perfect sense after watching his career. Not sure what his NFL measurables are, but fighting spirit and heart will not be outdone by anybody out there. Somebody will take him on that alone.

Would love to have JJ back. He's one of the all time greats and having him play in 2019 would make huge difference.

I know he shouldn't have done that, but I ain't gonna lie, I loved it.
It would've been better if we won the game. I can be all about that stuff later in a game that you are in total control of, especially if the opposing team has been talking trash or it is a rivalry game. You kind of look foolish if you do it and you lose though.

I remember vividly an Ainge mock Gator chomp during the 2006 Florida game - I believe we had just taken the lead late but Florida was going to get the ball back, and I really wished he had waited until after a victory to do that. Bad juju. They drove down the field and won.

Not really a shock. Probably checking his options also waiting to see the OC hire. He still has plenty of time to enroll

Can you elaborate?

I have known mama Jennings for a while. She came to my office shortly after he got injured in the GA Tech game. Me and mama Jennings are in the same industry. The plan has always been to go pro as soon as he was eligible. The original plan was delayed due to his injury. I am on the outside, so conversation and talks could change, but going pro is the plan that I was told.

Austin Price just on Swain this morning.
Price said Jennings decision not made yet.
He has an NFL draft grade (not known what it is).
Supposed to meet with coaches today to discuss his situation.

Surely to all that’s holy they’ll shoot him straight and let him know that he’s not ready, that he’s not gonna get drafted based on what he’s done in college thus far. He badly needs a lights out, super productive senior year at Tennessee to be drafted imho. Otherwise, he leaves this year, signs somewhere as an undrafted free agent and struggles to make a practice squad and/or only plays on special teams as a back end of the roster guy. Perhaps he’s good with those scenarios, maybe he’s just ready to move on and try his luck. I hope they convince him to stay and help himself and the team.

Surely to all that’s holy they’ll shoot him straight and let him know that he’s not ready, that he’s not gonna get drafted based on what he’s done in college thus far. He badly needs a lights out, super productive senior year at Tennessee to be drafted imho. Otherwise, he leaves this year, signs somewhere as an undrafted free agent and struggles to make a practice squad and/or only plays on special teams as a back end of the roster guy. Perhaps he’s good with those scenarios, maybe he’s just ready to move on and try his luck. I hope they convince him to stay and help himself and the team.
I think he is as ready as he will ever be plus he seems to be injury prone. He he joins the draft, it likely is a good decision for him. I wish him good luck.

Reactions: Volinlife
I hope he gets to set the ball on a lot of defender's chest when he makes it to the NFL.
He was losing his balance and had the ball in his hand like Sterner. He was falling and just left it there. It was not on purpose until the ball was on the defender and it would have looked worse had he picked it up. It was not what some made it out to be.

He was losing his balance and had the ball in his hand like Sterner. He was falling and just left it there. It was not on purpose until the ball was on the defender and it would have looked worse had he picked it up. It was not what some made it out to be.

I hope it wasn't an accident, I would be a little disappointed. Like Volly said, he shouldn't have done it, but I enjoyed it.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7372729/sec2.0.gif
sec2.0.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m thinking this Harralson dude needs to stop and be a little more professional with his reporting. Article is misleading imo by using what has in the past been not the most reliable source as to whether or not a player is leaving the program or not. He’s hurting his credibility imo.

VN Store

Back