Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
side effects include menopause in men, a case of the Mondays, hard urine, Britney ear worms, Peru flu, cravings for steak-ums & monkey toes.

don't forget smokers cough from smoking, brewer's droop from drinking beer, and Betty Davis knees.

Trey Smith should play if he's cleared and wants to... not sure what's to debate there.
Who would, ethically, clear him? Frankly, that’s the pitch I think the staff has used on all of this crew-that Trey won’t ever play again. Kinda figures when you bring in two tackles, two guards, and a center.

And Trey was a generational guard prospect. He could play tackle, but he was gonna be a decade+ G in the NFL. Even if they find some kind of medicine so he could play healthy and not have serious medical complications, it would be for one season, and then that NFL thing I mentioned just a few seconds ago.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Trey just needs a full spectrum cbd added to his daily regime, hemp not mj derived. He’ll be fine...
(Ill see myself out, good day sir’s)

Reactions: T Dog
Life and death and other gay stuff.
We're not doctors... or not all of us. And none of us are his doctor. I'm just not sure who here has the facts to make this decision even if they were somehow entitled to make that decision for him.

Who would, ethically, clear him?
A doctor whose qualified medical opinion was that he could safely play.

And Trey was a generational guard prospect. He could play tackle, but he was gonna be a decade+ G in the NFL. Even if they find some kind of medicine so he could play healthy and not have serious medical complications, it would be for one season, and then that NFL thing I mentioned just a few seconds ago.
Agree he is a OG.

I wasn't even talking about just UT.

Nah, it's def the medications. Most of these people are forming venous clots and risk is of PE, not usually stroke/MI. Risk is of internal or intracranial bleed on blood thinners. People can get away with 3-6 months of anticoagulation after one clot, but after two, they usually recommend lifelong anticoagulation. I'm not thinking Trey comes back because of this

I wasn't thinking correctly about arterial vs. venous clots... thanks.

But I was trying to communicate that his problem is that he is abnormally forming clots. Why? I don't know his actual diagnosis.
At his age--he more than likely has some genetic condition predisposing him to a hypercoagulable state.

So--if they DON'T treat and he continues to play he could suffer a PE and death.

If they DO treat he should not play because of the increased risk of a hemorrhagic stroke (and GI/internal bleeding).

6. Food restrictions on warfarin are a myth that is perpetuated by Brand Name drug manufacturers and those who don’t understand how it works. You can still eat “greens” while on warfarin as long as it is a consistent diet of your “greens”.

Warfarin inhibits the synthesis of vitamin K dependent clotting factors 2, 7, 9, and 10.

So, increasing dietary intake of Vitamin K can decrease the effectiveness of warfarin in preventing clot formation as quantified by monitoring INR.
There are certain INR ranges used for different medical conditions treated by warfarin.

Too much warfarin will be reflected by an INR that is too high, and put the patient at an increased risk for suffering internal bleeding in the gut or the brain.

The remedy used when a patient's INR is too high is to administer Vitamin K orally or sub-q.

There are certain foods that contain vitamin K and will ultimately decrease the INR value to a level that increases the patient's risk for developing clots.

Therefore, a consistent diet while taking warfarin allows the Doctor to determine the most effective warfarin dose to keep the INR within its proper range.
An inconsistent diet with a different amounts of vitamin K containing veggies keeps the MD/NP/PA chasing the INR to keep it within its proper range--and can put the patient at an increased risk of adverse events.

This is not a conspiracy perpetrated by anyone. It's plain 'ol scientific fact used every day in this country to treat millions of patients on warfarin therapy.

That is all.

Warfarin inhibits the synthesis of vitamin K dependent clotting factors 2, 7, 9, and 10.

So, increasing dietary intake of Vitamin K can decrease the effectiveness of warfarin in preventing clot formation as quantified by monitoring INR.
There are certain INR ranges used for different medical conditions treated by warfarin.

Too much warfarin will be reflected by an INR that is too high, and put the patient at an increased risk for suffering internal bleeding in the gut or the brain.

The remedy used when a patient's INR is too high is to administer Vitamin K orally or sub-q.

There are certain foods that contain vitamin K and will ultimately decrease the INR value to a level that increases the patient's risk for developing clots.

Therefore, a consistent diet while taking warfarin allows the Doctor to determine the most effective warfarin dose to keep the INR within its proper range.
An inconsistent diet with a different amounts of vitamin K containing veggies keeps the MD/NP/PA chasing the INR to keep it within its proper range--and can put the patient at an increased risk of adverse events.

This is not a conspiracy perpetrated by anyone. It's plain 'ol scientific fact used every day in this country to treat millions of patients on warfarin therapy.

That is all.
Did you not just say the same ghing as him? As long as you eat consistently, you do not have to give up any foods.

Reactions: Vols_74
Did you not just say the same ghing as him? As long as you eat consistently, you do not have to give up any foods.

I think you failed to read the first sentence of his number 6.

I was just explaining WHY there is no MYTH perpetrated by Brand Name drug manufacturers concerning diet and warfarin therapy.
There are specific scientific reasons to educate and inform patients about foods and other medications that have an impact on their warfarin dosing regimen.

Reducing reasonable medical advice to "conspiracy theory" statements about scientific realities does nothing to help anyone.

Keeping a patient's INR value consistent is a very difficult task for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is that NO ONE that I've ever encountered on warfarin therapy over the past 25 years of my career eats the same thing in the same amounts each and every day.

I hope this helps....

I think you failed to read the first sentence of his number 6.

I was just explaining WHY there is no MYTH perpetrated by Brand Name drug manufacturers concerning diet and warfarin therapy.
There are specific scientific reasons to educate and inform patients about foods and other medications that have an impact on their warfarin dosing regimen.

Reducing reasonable medical advice to "conspiracy theory" statements about scientific realities does nothing to help anyone.

Keeping a patient's INR value consistent is a very difficult task for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is that NO ONE that I've ever encountered on warfarin therapy over the past 25 years of my career eats the same thing in the same amounts each and every day.

I hope this helps....
I read the first sentence. Just thought you trying to say that #6 was not true because you could not eat certain foods then you said you could. And I know all about the difficulty of keeping INR consistent since I've been dealing with it for 10 years and have been told repetitively that I am one of the most difficult patients to deal with by several people....even weeks in the hospital with super controlled diet and checked every 4 hours. I see now it was more about the myth ny drug companies statement.

We're not doctors... or not all of us. And none of us are his doctor. I'm just not sure who here has the facts to make this decision even if they were somehow entitled to make that decision for him.
Who’s ever “making a decision” on HERE? Facts and real life experience with the subject are being submitted. Hope that helps you deal.

I wasn't thinking correctly about arterial vs. venous clots... thanks.

But I was trying to communicate that his problem is that he is abnormally forming clots. Why? I don't know his actual diagnosis.
At his age--he more than likely has some genetic condition predisposing him to a hypercoagulable state.

So--if they DON'T treat and he continues to play he could suffer a PE and death.

If they DO treat he should not play because of the increased risk of a hemorrhagic stroke (and GI/internal bleeding).

They ruled out his clotting being genetic.

They ruled out his clotting being genetic.

I read the first sentence. Just thought you trying to say that #6 was not true because you could not eat certain foods then you said you could. And I know all about the difficulty of keeping INR consistent since I've been dealing with it for 10 years and have been told repetitively that I am one of the most difficult patients to deal with by several people....even weeks in the hospital with super controlled diet and checked every 4 hours. I see now it was more about the myth ny drug companies statement.

There are SEVERAL factors that influence one's ability to produce Vitamin K dependent clotting factors (some are genetic conditions).
So I don't really know what you mean by stating that "...it was more about the myth ny drug companies statement."

Dietary intake of vitamin K is a significant concern and is only one factor that complicates warfarin therapy.

Hope you are doing very well and the docs are keeping you healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back