Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a viable treatment for it, I think Arnold Palmer would have been able to afford to move hell and high water to get that. I think it's one of those things that you just have to live with for life.
Arnold Palmer lived to be 90 and played golf till close to the end. Your statement is pointless and not relevant.

Arnold Palmer lived to be 90 and played golf till close to the end. Your statement is pointless and not relevant.
Not really. The point is that he always had the condition and it always had to be under control with the medication. The truth of the matter is that golf is just not all that physical a sport. He is also an illustration of the point that with proper controls that normal life is possible but that proper control is it absolutely necessary thing. but I guarantee you that he would have loved to have been cured of the condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Not really. The point is that he always had the condition and it always had to be under control with the medication. The truth of the matter is that golf is just not all that physical a sport.

Absolutely no comparison when it comes to golf and football.

Reactions: SugarCC
Richmond is starting next year. Might as well accustom yourself to that.

There's no guarantee Richmond is even here next season. He's supposedly one of those that hasn't bought in and not doing what is expected of him. No inside info, but we still need some players to transfer out or any other numerous ways to not be here next year to sign our 22-25. See Richmond possibly being one of those or it wouldn't shock me if he was one of those Transfers, declare for the draft or something along those lines.

Reactions: engineerVOL
There's no guarantee Richmond is even here next season. He's supposedly one of those that hasn't bought in and not doing what is expected of him. No inside info, but we still need some players to transfer out or any other numerous ways to not be here next year to sign our 22-25. See Richmond possibly being one of those or it wouldn't shock me if he was one of those Transfers, declare for the draft or something along those lines.

Obviously would love to have the experience and big body on our line but if he isn’t bought in, then git.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Richmond is lazy and just going through the motions. He does not have the heart or desire to play at the level needed in the SEC. He needs and a get shirt and move on to something else.

Reactions: Catbone

We dont need anyone else to transfer to sign 25

Reactions: Devo182
If you have no inside info, then where did the information about home still not being bought into the coaches originate? I have not read any articles or post about this recently.

Reactions: Sleegro and jackaro
Absolutely no comparison when it comes to golf and football.
I believe the point was if there is some procedure that removes the problem, those with financial means would have availed themselves of the technology. Being on blood thinners and having labs taken of your levels for the rest of one’s life ain’t no picnic.

Trey's issue is not only troublesome because he's forming clots and those could be life threatening depending on their location and his anatomy, but also the possibility that he could need to be placed on chronic anticoagulation. You can't have someone playing a violent sport such as football on blood thinners. That's a recipe for potential disaster if he suffers a traumatic injury.

Also, I can't think off the top of my head a surgery to perform to prevent blood clots. People have inferior vena cava filters placed to block embolisms from migrating from the lower body to the heart and lungs. But that's a procedure performed to help after the fact. I'm not sure what could be done to inhibit the production of excessive clotting. And if there is such a procedure, I wouldn't imagine it would be something a 20 year old football player has performed so he can return to the field.
Why are anticoagulants so bad for a violent sport? Because they couldnt stop bleeding if he gets cut? How do you stop someone from bleeding in such circumstances?

Why are anticoagulants so bad for a violent sport? Because they couldnt stop bleeding if he gets cut? How do you stop someone from bleeding in such circumstances?
The biggest concern with anticoagulants in football are head injuries. Can’t stop the brain bleeding.

I hope he isn’t. Everyone thought he was done last year. No reason to think he would quit now with one year remaining. He was coming back from injury last off season. This year he’ll be headed into the off season full strength
Injured coming into college, in 2015, 2016, missed all of 2017 due to injuries and played very sparingly last year, in 2018. Seems to me that the injuries have taken their toll, that he’s a diminished player and that he’ll not have a prominent role if he does return in 2019, especially with the 4-5 very talented youngsters coming in this recruiting class.

I believe the point was if there is some procedure that removes the problem, those with financial means would have availed themselves of the technology. Being on blood thinners and having labs taken of your levels for the rest of one’s life ain’t no picnic.

There is a new drug, Eliquis, that does not require all of the labs as in the past. Also, according to one doctor I spoke with, in emergency situations, there is a related drug that can turn off the Eliquis if clotting is needed. No surprise, it is new and expensive. All that said, your point remains... football is an impact sport, and impacts cause bruising and can cause internal and cranial bleeding. If the doctors said he should quit playing, I hope he does.

Reactions: bullpen1
There is a new drug, Eliquis, that does not require all of the labs as in the past. Also, according to one doctor I spoke with, in emergency situations, there is a related drug that can turn off the Eliquis if clotting is needed. No surprise, it is new and expensive. All that said, your point remains... football is an impact sport, and impacts cause bruising and can cause internal and cranial bleeding. If the doctors said he should quit playing, I hope he does.
My wife’s on Eliquis...I can testify to it’s expense. She can eat more green vegetables and green tea, but the clotting is still an ever present danger.

Reactions: BondJamesBond

The drugs used for clotting are not the problem. It's his underlying clinical condition.

For whatever reason his body is prone to develop life-threatening blood clots that could cause a stroke or a heart attack.

So, without the drugs--playing football and the impacts he would endure could cause any undiagnosed clot to break loose and cause a heart attack or an ischemic stroke.

With the drugs--he could suffer a concussion or another impact injury to his brain that would cause a hemorrhagic stroke.

catch-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back