Could it be Chaney?

Just curious, why would you hate to say you were impressed with Texas?
I know UGA came out flat but Texas jumped all over them. Their lines looked big and athletic and they’ve got solid skills players. The QB will be in the Heisman discussion next year.

Was this 2010? 27 ppg
2011? 20 ppg
2012? 36 ppg - aww yes, this is the cherry you remember. Let's forget before that.

This is what I mean, people remember his good years but seem to ignore his entire resume.

Considering Fulmer kind of left the cupboard bare with regards to OL and Dooley didn't recruit any. I would say Chaney did a great job all three years, especially 2010 and 2012. Also, the D didn't get off the field to give the O the ball enought to have better numbers!!! In 2012, Sal's D gave up 36 ppg. Had Dooley not hired a terrible DC. UT probably goes 9-3 and Dooley keeps his job. Chaney's O was a plus on the football team for 4 years, not a negative. Chaney is a great OC, possibly elite. Do all the research behind the numbers and consider ALL FACTS and STATS not just one that you want to post to be right!!!

UT's O with Pittman coaching the OL also was better in 2012. If UT could somehow poach Chaney and Pittman from UGA, most would love the hires! Pittman and company have recruited a ton of OL studs to UGA. We need those studs coming to UT!!!

Last edited:
2010--Simms was the starter for more than half the season. Look at the stats after Bray took over.
2011--Our best WR tore his ACL and Bray missed time with a hand injury.

2012--Healthy QB and WR core for entire season and our offense was near the top of the conference. If Dooley had hired anyone other than Fat Sal he might have earned 2-3 more years.

^^^This, I posted a similar post, just not specifics about players and injuries, great post!

That loss to me was much larger than the OC. May be the worst effort at that level I’ve seen in years. Arrogance is an ugly cancer that will destroy one personally and professionally and I think that game captured it perfectly. UGA should be embarrassed and was humiliated on the national scene. Truly pathetic!!!!
Same kind of bowl loss Saban’s Bama had against Utah...season before his first national championship there.

I’d consider hiring Cheney a step in the right direction.
I have thought about that too. He may not ultimately be the guy, but he is a program improvement and who knows it’s anotner shot for him to take a program all the way, make more, be at a place he enjoys and that appreciates him

I was in my regular Saturday foursome yesterday and one of the regulars bailed because his wife was expected to go into labor at any moment with twins. We all gave him a hard time for being such a pansy and letting his wife shame him out of playing. But that’s neither here nor there. We ended up having another guy join us who happened to be a pretty big fish inside UT athletics.

Nice guy. Could use some work on his short game. And his long game too, now that I think about it. After the turn and a few cold beers he started yapping about the OC search. He told me it was going to be Cheney or someone on bama staff, who he would not reveal. TIFWIW...he seemed genuine enough to me.

For the record, my buddy’s wife did not go into labor until after we were in the clubhouse grill. He could have played, had a few colduns, and still made it to the hospital in time for the labor. He’s never going to live this down.

I was in my regular Saturday foursome yesterday and one of the regulars bailed because his wife was expected to go into labor at any moment with twins. We all gave him a hard time for being such a pansy and letting his wife shame him out of playing. But that’s neither here nor there. We ended up having another guy join us who happened to be a pretty big fish inside UT athletics.

Nice guy. Could use some work on his short game. And his long game too, now that I think about it. After the turn and a few cold beers he started yapping about the OC search. He told me it was going to be Cheney or someone on bama staff, who he would not reveal. TIFWIW...he seemed genuine enough to me.

For the record, my buddy’s wife did not go into labor until after we were in the clubhouse grill. He could have played, had a few colduns, and still made it to the hospital in time for the labor. He’s never going to live this down.

Can't take your post about the UT OC hire serious when a coach was at UT for 4 years and speculated to be back. Yet, you can't spell his name!!! =)

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back