Tennessee Football is done

It is not as bad as it seems. If butch can win 9 Pruitt can too. We are about two seasons from being tied from second or third in the east behind Ga and Fl. The players we recruited can do this.

Yes we will still trail the top two teams in the west. But beyond two years we start beating FL and putting pressure on UGA a And Bama.

We can compete and win aginst these teams. We did it before and can do it again.

It is not as bad as it seems. If butch can win 9 Pruitt can too. We are about two seasons from being tied from second or third in the east behind Ga and Fl. The players we recruited can do this.

Yes we will still trail the top two teams in the west. But beyond two years we start beating FL and putting pressure on UGA a And Bama.

We can compete and win aginst these teams. We did it before and can do it again.
Florida and Georgia were mediocre then

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Still waiting for Fulmer to part the waters to the promised land?

Alrighty then.

I truly think there are some posting on this board that are seriously close to having a nervous breakdown.

Sadly we are a ways from competing again, impossible with Alabama as western tie in every year, atleast I have youth and high school football to watch!

You might not want to check the recruiting rankings as it relates to UF and UGA.

Tennessee football is just beginning!
Last season, we were 4 -8 with no SEC wins.
2018, we get two SEC wins to teams in the top 25 rankings. Finish 5 - 7, which is a 1 game improvement.
Next season, we go 6 - 6 and get a bowl game.
Steady improvement each season and we will get there.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Too many times, a Gator fan ends up posting a level headed and sensible post to counter an over-emotional OP. This is exactly right. Were we scared of Alabama before they hired Saban? Hell, no. We were 10-2 against them from 1995 to 2006. Things can change very quickly when a program with great resources makes the right hire.

It’s pretty bad when we say a gator fan posts something sensible on a Volnation. Why even bother?

You might not want to check the recruiting rankings as it relates to UF and UGA.

Yeah Florida is 7 points ahead in the 247 composite with 23 commits and we have 21. Not enough of a difference to make a difference. CJP will get enough talent here to win 8-9 games in short order if he can coach them up. We ain't NC contenders anytime soon but it might not be that long a road to the Outback Bowl and with a win there a 10 win season.

Too many times, a Gator fan ends up posting a level headed and sensible post to counter an over-emotional OP. This is exactly right. Were we scared of Alabama before they hired Saban? Hell, no. We were 10-2 against them from 1995 to 2006. Things can change very quickly when a program with great resources makes the right hire.

They (gator fans) love the melt down that happens on here on a daily basis. We are good for that.

Seems to me someone was probably saying something similar about mens basketball 3 or 4 years ago. There are no guarantees, and Bama under Saban will be difficult to overcome, but I think Pruitt will have UT substantially better in the next 2 to 3 years. Got to give him a little time to get there. As far as recruiting, they aren't done yet. GBO.

I’ll disagree with this post but it IS very discouraging when first year Florida coaches have success against us and make it to bowl games. I mean, Florida was a train wreck as well and they keep trucking along.

I’ll disagree with this post but it IS very discouraging when first year Florida coaches have success against us and make it to bowl games. I mean, Florida was a train wreck as well and they keep trucking along.
Florida got the absolute most out of their roster. One benefit of having a hfc who isn't learning otj.

Reactions: Flipdaddy
Yes, recruiting does matter but I have seen teams like Miss State beat Urban Meyer & Tebow.
I saw Tennessee beat Miami in Sugar Bowl.

I'd personally prefer to see some consistency out of this program instead of hoping for an occasional miracle win 20 + years apart.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Yeah Florida is 7 points ahead in the 247 composite with 23 commits and we have 21. Not enough of a difference to make a difference. CJP will get enough talent here to win 8-9 games in short order if he can coach them up. We ain't NC contenders anytime soon but it might not be that long a road to the Outback Bowl and with a win there a 10 win season.

And by most accounts, FL had more talent on the roster at the beginning of the season. Just breaking even with FL in recruiting may not be good enough.

Agree on getting to 8 or 9 wins comment with the emphasis on coaching them up. The recruiting isnt going to be the difference maker for getting this team back into contention. Most everyone else in the SEC we want to catch is recruiting at close to the same level or better.

Figuring out how to be competitive against Vandy would be a nice start.

Last edited:
So you disagree? Why is that?
Because, take this is the exactly the way I mean it, You are not a player, coach, student or in a support role. You are a fan, be one or Haul a$$.....this team will not miss you, bye, see ya, adios, altwweenerzane.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Alabama went 3-8 18 years ago and 4-7 21 years ago.
To be fair though Alabama did have an SEC Championship in 99 and an Orange Bowl appearance sandwiched in the middle of those bad seasons to maintain a degree of hope and relevance nationally.

VN Store

Back