Tennessee Football is done

Our football team has been down for more than 10 years. Our basketball team is ranked #1. We are all excited. However, the number of basketball posts are still only 10 % if the football posts. If for some reason football continues to spiral downward will the gap between football and basketball narrow? Or will basketball always be a casual pastime while we wait for football regardless of how bad we are at football?

It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where a 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game

Have you 2 figured it out yet ?

You know what a girl from Georgia says after having sex?
Get off me daddy, you’re squishing my cigarettes.
I’ll be here all week. Try the veal!
Reminds me of a Bama joke I've heard.
A girl from Bama just had sex with her brother and says, "You do it just like Daddy"
He says, "Yeah, I know; that's what Mom says".

If we are meeting at the Waffle House we can have a Real Man Burping and Farting Contest.
But don't know what kinda food they have at Gate 21.
Somethin with grease and onions I hope.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where a 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong, but the program isn't in position to have a coach that's learning on the job in a league with talent like the SEC and other coaches that are proven guys

You should definitely go back to rooting for Bama, Georgia or LSU. Tennessee historically has been an 8-3, 8-4 team. Being a Vol isn’t about winning at all costs. Being a Vol is about being an underdog and kicking the **** out of teams and playing anyone, anytime and anywhere. Tennessee is about loving that orange. Championships happen, 10 win seasons happen. Enjoy the ride and ride or die with that power T.

Vandy could use more fans or you could jump on the Alabama,Georgia or Florida bandwagons:rolleyes:

Realistically, there's no reason to believe that it won't be the 3 traditional powers back at the top of the East in the next couple of years. Florida wasn't that much better than us last year, but they did have luck and confidence on their side. USCe certainly isn't better than us, as we should have beat them two straight years. Muschamp hasn't proven he can sustain any amount of success anywhere he's been. UK greatest year ever almost and we destroy them. Vandy and Missouri have our number right now, but they've been led by players who have been in their system for 4-5 years. Neither one of them recruit very well, and eventually that will catch up to them. Right now they've developed their talent well enough to beat our non-developed/ constant state of flux team. We actually have a staff that can recruit and develop now, so I firmly believe we vault over both of them very soon. Georgia is elite, no doubt about it, but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable. Heck even Alabama isn't unbeatable clearly. We just need to take care of our own business first and then worry about the others later.

Realistically, there's no reason to believe that it won't be the 3 traditional powers back at the top of the East in the next couple of years. Florida wasn't that much better than us last year, but they did have luck and confidence on their side. USCe certainly isn't better than us, as we should have beat them two straight years. Muschamp hasn't proven he can sustain any amount of success anywhere he's been. UK greatest year ever almost and we destroy them. Vandy and Missouri have our number right now, but they've been led by players who have been in their system for 4-5 years. Neither one of them recruit very well, and eventually that will catch up to them. Right now they've developed their talent well enough to beat our non-developed/ constant state of flux team. We actually have a staff that can recruit and develop now, so I firmly believe we vault over both of them very soon. Georgia is elite, no doubt about it, but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable. Heck even Alabama isn't unbeatable clearly. We just need to take care of our own business first and then worry about the others later.

Solid post. Agree on pretty much every point.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16

Hello my friend, Florida was light years ahead of the poor ol Vols, just as the score indicated, unfortunately.
It is what it is

Easy to see how you got that like to total posts ratio.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Ever wonder why you have only 159 likes on over 2,500 posts?

full.gif

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
Hello my friend, Florida was light years ahead of the poor ol Vols, just as the score indicated, unfortunately.
It is what it is
Not really, Florida didn't even have to show up to beat us when they did. You could have put just about any team in America on the field that day and they would have beat us. A Kentucky team we destroyed handily beat them at home. They barely beat South Carolina and Vandy as well (they were down 18 points before Vandy collapsed). They started playing with some confidence after the USCe game and finished strong, essentially the opposite of what we did. From a talent perspective, they certainly aren't that much better than us, if at all. Now, we still have to show up, but what you saw September 22nd of 2018 was not indicative of where both programs are right now. Their Marquee Out of conference game was FSU, who was awful, they had most of the winnable games in the SEC at home (2-2 W/L), their easier ones on the road (2-0 W/L) and won a terrible game at Mississippi State and lost a neutral site game against Georgia. Their schedule was easier than ours, and we were trending down by the end, while they were trending up.

VN Store

Back