Tennessee Football is done

Nothing cracks me up more than when a keyboard warrior who has zero experience doing a job like this is able to determine how long something he’s never done before should take to be successful.
It takes 4 years to get a roster full of your guys. If you're not competitive by then you're not going to be after another 2 or 3. I'm not saying they should be in Atlanta in 4 years but he should have at least 2 8 win seasons by then, close to a .500 record against South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Bama combined, and at least a winning record against Vandy, Missouri, and Kentucky. Anything less is unacceptable

The entertainment value might be hurting for a while, yes, but it's not all about us. So long as young men take the field with the desire to better themselves, I'll give my financial support as I can and my moral support always. I'll stop both when we turn into a team that needs to sacrifice integrity to recruit and win.

Tennessee football will also be dead when soccer takes over and Shields-Watkins Field becomes the pitch for European Pansy Keepaway. Low scores! Badly choreographed flops! Drunken fights in the stands to break up the boredom!

It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where an 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
It doesn't hurt me to say this....so
Bye Felicia!!

Reactions: Big Orange Hoss
Nothing cracks me up more than when a keyboard warrior who has zero experience doing a job like this is able to determine how long something he’s never done before should take to be successful.
This website is built on the premise that every man thinks he can grill a steak, run a business and coach football.

It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where a 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
58576C0C-950C-460D-8DCA-85BF6F20B576.gif

near top 10 recruiting after a 5 win season...maybe top 10 when done. Imagine where it will be after an 8 or 9 win season ? UT did not get this way overnight and it will not get back overnight

near top 10 recruiting after a 5 win season...maybe top 10 when done.
Doubtful. We've dropped to #16 on the composite after all these all star game commits have been calculated. Still, if we hold # 16 that will be pretty impressive considering the 5 wins and blowout loss to Vandy.

tumblr_p5r2jmM1QV1x73kn2o2_500.gif

I couldn’t bring myself to read the whole thread. I am sure that you are cool dude but we will get back to prominence. Sure the last 15 or so years have been a little uncomfortable but pressure either breaks pipes or makes diamonds. Have mistakes been made? You bet. Has the administration botched hires? Yep. Is CJP the right guy at the right time? Who knows.

But I tell you one thing that I know down to my very core. Tennessee football can never die as long as people are passionate about it. It lives in every fan so if you want to pick a current “winner” to validate your fandom please go ahead. Just don’t show up when we turn the corner.

I could never pull for Georgia. Clemson may be a good option though. I live in Cleveland so it's a relatively close drive and Dabo is a good guy. Plus they've got a lot of Tennessee guys on their roster. GO BIG ORANGE BAYBEH!!!
Ill be a Clemson fan...

On Monday night.

Reactions: jbr82
It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where a 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game

It appears someone took a dump in your toilet....please flush

excuse me for those who agree that ut football is never coming back so why don't you leave and go find you another team why stay around and root for some thing not worth rooting for I been a vols fan since 1960 seen the good times and the bad and never ran when things got bad .

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The OP said TN football is done, that we'd never be back. The state of Tennessee football this season doesn't mean anything 10 or 20 years from now. Alabama went 3-8 18 years ago and 4-7 21 years ago.

Way to be an optimist. Maybe even 100 years from now we'll be National Champions.

VN Store

Back