This OC search can’t be good for recruiting!?

He will get some kick ass recruits when his team finishes playing for the national championship

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
So have we lost any commits recently? Lost any commitments because they were worried about staff stability?
Norton and Pappoe sure took some u-turns the last couple of days. No they were not committed but they were showing strong interest.

Losing the team at the end of the season and uncertainty on the coach hiring front should be a cause for concern for anyone.

Reactions: 508mikey
You think FSU, Alabama, Auburn and UGA will be impacted? They have openings too.
Don't know if I would have used those teams to try and make a point especially Bama.
TN has been in disarray for a while. There needs to be some type of stability

Norton and Pappoe sure took some u-turns the last couple of days. No they were not committed but they were showing strong interest.

Losing the team at the end of the season and uncertainty on the coach hiring front should be a cause for concern for anyone.
not to mention arent they like ranked 7th in the SEC and behind Ole Miss as it is now ?

If this keeps dragging, I’ll be blown away if we don’t lose recruits

They're probably waiting on an answer from their top few choices, as they may have options. The worst thing to do would be make a knee-jerk panic hire and end up with some stiff that everyone hates after about 6 games. Pruitt has to get this right, his job may depend on it.

Sure we had someone sign, but for the 2020 class... Signing day is just around the corner and there has been ZERO leaks of any substance. It’s almost as if Pruitt isn’t even conducting a search at all with the absolute lack of any real insider info. This can’t look good for recruiting and makes me wonder if we are gonna even hire an OC...

Recruits see this and the longer this drags out the less committed some of them might become. Seriously what gives with this search??
d7d.jpg

Hey, it's just football...So what if a hundred mil or so is spent on this program every year, and hundreds of thousands of fans fork over said hundred mil hoping to see something that vaguely resembles what the product once looked like...We're all learning valuable lessons daily in not getting what one wants, dealing with disappointment, what sustained and consistent incompetence and stupidity can do to what was once a world-class success, etc.

Sure we had someone sign, but for the 2020 class... Signing day is just around the corner and there has been ZERO leaks of any substance. It’s almost as if Pruitt isn’t even conducting a search at all with the absolute lack of any real insider info. This can’t look good for recruiting and makes me wonder if we are gonna even hire an OC...

Recruits see this and the longer this drags out the less committed some of them might become. Seriously what gives with this search??

Ummm, this is just a guess, but I'm thinking that Pruitt and the other coaches are probably heads-down doing their jobs with each committed player and each target. That is, Pruitt, et al are keeping them informed of what they need to know as they consider UT as the place where they want to play football. Again, just a stupid, wild-a#$ guess. But I would prefer they focus on getting the players we need rather than waste time holding our hands with no-news "leaks," vapid reassurances, rumor-mill fodder, etc. The only "real insider info" I care about is what players we sign this cycle...and we'll know that soon enough. Yes, the OC search has been publicly quiet compared to previous coaching searches but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Quick.....when was the last time we could remotely compare to these schools?? I’ll hang up and listen
So you're basically saying it doesn't effect recruiting OR it just effects our recruiting BC we suck? OR are you saying you have no idea wtf you're talking about and just got on the parents PC after sniffing glue again?

Reactions: T-TownVol
So you're basically saying it doesn't effect recruiting OR it just effects our recruiting BC we suck? OR are you saying you have no idea wtf you're talking about and just got on the parents PC after sniffing glue again?

I’m saying it effects us in recruiting much more than it does for three schools that have won a NC in the last few years.

Sniffing glue? Come on, you can do better than that

We haven’t won an sec title in 20 years and haven’t been relevant for a decade. Recruiting against us is easy enough. The oc search doesn’t really matter.

You are over thinking this.
Not to mention there's plenty of time still till NSD. The overreaction is hilarious. Even if a team is negative recruiting us where the hell would not having an OC rank on that list? We haven't been relevant in a decade and just lost three straight to Vanderbilt

Reactions: T-TownVol
This OC search can’t be good for recruiting!?
Maybe not, but our current staff will bring in a top 15 with or without an OC.

I totally agree, we will lose some recruits if this lingers on. Who knows what the latest recruits were thinking concerning OC when they verbally committed. It concerns me the same week we get a number 3 rated qb to decommit from mich. I think to come to us around the same time freeze was mentioned.

Name that QB

Seeing Deandre Baker get recognized as the best DB in the county last night made me realize Pruitt does recognize talent. If you don't recall Baker was only a 3 star out of Miami but Pruitt wanted him and pursued him relentlessly. Baker even has stated Pruitt is the reason he went to UGA: Jeremy Pruitt’s legacy at Georgia: Players, changes and....

Lets hope Pruitt can bring a few guys like Baker in.
He can’t even bring in an OC...

VN Store

Back