Russia Blocks Kerch Strait

Oh?

181206-vladimir-putin.jpg

And its actions in Ukraine suggest it hasn't left the Cold War behind.

Russia doesn’t have the luxury to use states bordering America as puppets to squeeze American influence...or states bordering America a joined in an alliance against America....

NATO itself IS the Cold War....and has expanded several times...

What about our actions?

Russia doesn’t have the luxury to use states bordering America as puppets to squeeze American influence...or states bordering America a joined in an alliance against America....

NATO itself IS the Cold War....and has expanded several times...

What about our actions?

That's because hardly anyone wants to be associated with Russia.

So, defensive launchers can’t be swapped for offensive launchers?

Also, Russian head of defense invited Pompeo to personally come inspect missiles that are in question...seems to me that the Russians want dialogue over the matter...
what is Pompeo going to know?
yup that's a missile. yup it clearly says "not nuclear"
and that pile of stuff of there, clearly says not to look closely at because it too is not nuclear material.

what is Pompeo going to know?
yup that's a missile. yup it clearly says "not nuclear"
and that pile of stuff of there, clearly says not to look closely at because it too is not nuclear material.

Maybe, just maybe, he would bring an entourage that would know **** from shinola?

Um being KGB?
Just being in the KGB doesn't mean anything. Again, you missed the point where I said "anything of significance". Lets not act like Putin was a major player in the KGB. And besides, the KGB was a espionage/intelligence agency, not a agency that had direct military influence.

Just being in the KGB doesn't mean anything. Again, you missed the point where I said "anything of significance". Lets not act like Putin was a major player in the KGB. And besides, the KGB was a espionage/intelligence agency, not a agency that had direct military influence.
unhu.

I wonder why their ranks paralleled the military ranks then...🤔

So basically, of little significance and certainly not important enough to set military strategy.

What was G.H.W. Bush's rank in the CIA?
The Cold War ended in 1991. The Berlin Wall came down in 1991. The coup against Gorbachev was 1991. And it’s laughable to downplay a Lt Col rank that’s just plain weak. Lt Col Oliver North sure seemed to have a lot of pull as an equivalent on our side in a similar time.

I’m not aware of any “rank” Bush had in the CIA. He had retired from the Navy long before that service. However I’m pretty sure if our military personnel are detached to the CIA they retain their rank.

One day after people saying it’s normal for state intelligence officers to be on a Ukrainian tugboat...

Trying to separate intelligence and military...

No. No. Yes.
Ok yeah on the wall. First breaches were in 1989 which most would call the fall. The last section was taken down in 1991.

Pick an end to the Cold War you like. Gorbachev left power at end of 1991 with the abolishment of his government. I’d call that the end of the Cold War.

Pick an end to the Cold War you like. Gorbachev left power at end of 1991 with the abolishment of his government. I’d call that the end of the Cold War.
The USSR broke up in 1991. But the Eastern Bloc, the Soviet satellites, left in 1989. That was the end of the empire.
Who, his age and from Russia, isn’t a product of the Soviet mindset?
People who advocate a freer, more democratic state.

VN Store

Back