The Flash (CW)

Solid season premier episode.

The Flash gets his ring (with the new suit inside).

Cisco asked did I make that and Nora said no that was from Ryan Choi. Choi is the 3rd Atom in the comics. I wonder if we might see him popup on Legends sometime down the road.

Also Cecile likely hasn't lost her telepathic powers. (Still not sure where they are going with that.)

Solid season premier episode.

The Flash gets his ring (with the new suit inside).

Cisco asked did I make that and Nora said no that was from Ryan Choi. Choi is the 3rd Atom in the comics. I wonder if we might see him popup on Legends sometime down the road.

Also Cecile likely hasn't lost her telepathic powers. (Still not sure where they are going with that.)

Because everyone has to have a power in these shows now.

Notice Grant & Stephen are wearing the same boots.

Arrowverse-Elseworlds-Tyler-Hoechlin-Superman-Black-Suit.jpg

No. And amazingly she doesn't have powers that lasted. Flash is falling victim to the Arrow syndrome where everyone has to have a power at some point. The mind reading wife is just dumb.

It looked for a minute in the last episode they were going to repeat last year's story line with powers being stolen, but it was just nullification.

Well, damn it.

I hate that BTW, Misfits first 2 seasons were so good, then everyone got a random power magically.

No. And amazingly she doesn't have powers that lasted. Flash is falling victim to the Arrow syndrome where everyone has to have a power at some point. The mind reading wife is just dumb.

It looked for a minute in the last episode they were going to repeat last year's story line with powers being stolen, but it was just nullification.
This series has tanked

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
New photo of Ruby Rose as Batwoman in the Crossover event this season. She looks amazing 44938679_314896139321812_6039536613103501312_o.jpg

I had noticed his role on the show had been reduced as well as what has been noticed as mentioned below and now we have an answer. Hope he gets better.

"The Flash, which just recently kicked off its fifth season, has seen Joe's family life become even more tangled. As well as raising a new child he conceived with his new partner, Cecile Horton, he has joined the team in dealing with the arrival of his granddaughter, Nora, from the future. With things gearing up towards the yearly Arrowverse crossover - which will not only feature the first appearance of The Monitor but also see the heroes battle a black-suited Superman - and the landmark 100th episode looming, it would be a tiring time for most people. It's understandable, then, that fans have noticed more and more that Jesse L. Martin has been playing his role from mostly a seated position.

According to TVLine, however, the reason for this is very much based in the real world. Martin reportedly suffered a back injury at some point while the show was off the air. Nothing specific is offered regarding how the veteran actor earned the injury or what treatment is required. Although it didn't preclude him from taking part in season 5's early episodes, it did, however, restrict his presence on the show and is clearly an ongoing issue. As a result, the actor will be taking a leave of absence for the foreseeable future. It's unclear what the circumstances of the departure will be. Similarly, it's unknown how long the character will be away. The show will, however, address the departure directly at some stage."

The actress playing Nora is like a 35 year old actress somehow pulling off a young 20 something role?

Last edited:
The actress playing Nora is like a 35 year old actress somehow pulling off a young 20 something role?
That's nothing new for shows with teenage or HS characters. Go back and look at a show like Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. When it debuted in 1997 the vast majority of its cast was in their mid to late 20's Charisma Carpenter 27, Sarah Michelle Gellar was the youngest at 20.

They try and find the youngest looking actors/actresses that had already graduated HS to play teenage characters to get around the child welfare laws on set or it would interfere with shooting schedules etc.. and they would need teachers/tutors on set.

That's nothing new for shows with teenage or HS characters. Go back and look at a show like Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. When it debuted in 1997 the vast majority of its cast was in their mid to late 20's Charisma Carpenter 27, Sarah Michelle Gellar was the youngest at 20.

They try and find the youngest looking actors/actresses that had already graduated HS to play teenage characters to get around the child welfare laws on set or it would interfere with shooting schedules etc.. and they would need teachers/tutors on set.

I know, it's just impressive. She has great genes!

Really looking forward to the Crossover this season. I just hope they don't try to fit to much in. With The Monitor,Batwoman, 90s Flash and Evil Superman it kinda feels like it may be to over crowded

VN Store

Back