The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I would suggest Roku over Fire. With Fire, you're at the mercy of Amazon's ecosystem. You can get prime of the roku. I haven't found a way to watch Youtubetv on the fire tv device, yet.

I would suggest Roku over Fire. With Fire, you're at the mercy of Amazon's ecosystem. You can get prime of the roku. I haven't found a way to watch Youtubetv on the fire tv device, yet.

Much easier with a FireTV to slap Kodi or terrarium or similar programs on there and skip these services for most everything but live sports.

Unfortunately a native app for FireTv prob won't happen any time soon for Youtube TV. Google and Amazon have an ongoing spat over their content services. Amazon fire products dropped YouTube support a few months ago.

Last edited:
So will we have to subscribe to ESPN + to watch college football games this Fall?? I have PS VUE where I can get the ESPN channels

I'm going to blow off Charter internet and check out AT&T. I really really really want to get rid of Charter cable and just go with something like YouTube TV, but my Internet service craps for 3-5 minutes 4 or 5 times a day which makes me think they do it intentionally to keep people attached to the cable teet.

I cancelled Dish yesterday. Using PS Vue for a week, will see how it goes. Bought a tv for work and it came with a month free of Sling tv, will use that after this week of Vue. So far Vue seems decent but I don't like having to use the PS4 controller to change channels.

I'm going to blow off Charter internet and check out AT&T. I really really really want to get rid of Charter cable and just go with something like YouTube TV, but my Internet service craps for 3-5 minutes 4 or 5 times a day which makes me think they do it intentionally to keep people attached to the cable teet.
ATT, Charter = pot, frying pan. You can throw Comcast right in there with them. All pos.

I posted this in the Movie & TV forum a week or so ago but thought some of you here might be interested who don't visit that one.

DC Entertainment & Warner Bros. has finally released the price package if its new digital streaming service DC Universe.

A subscription to the service will cost either $74.99 for a full year, or $7.99 month-to-month

DC Universe will be available on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, in addition to web and mobile web access with more to be added at a later date.

The announced broadcasting lineup includes the anticipated live action Titans which will launch the platform this fall along with the announced live action shows Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and the animated series Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn which is expected to be more adult oriented coming in early 2019.

You will also be able to stream a number of WB & DC films & TV shows such as the original Christopher Reeve Superman films, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series newly remaster in HD. Along with animated series like Batman: The Animated Series also remastered in HD among others.

I didn't go back and look at the whole thread but does anyone know anything about Tubi TV or Pluto TV?

I still don't understand ESPN+
I was under the impression it allowed you digital streaming access to only ESPN channels, as in you don't even have to have a base package in sling or YouTube TV to access them.

Could be wrong though.

Switched over from Amazon fire to Apple TV for my DTV Now - not sure why but picture quality went up. ATV remote much more functional as well.

ATV had me use HDR settings (LG OLED). Now DTV stream matches quality of Netflix - was "softer" picture on Amazon Fire.

I was under the impression it allowed you digital streaming access to only ESPN channels, as in you don't even have to have a base package in sling or YouTube TV to access them.

Could be wrong though.
I thought it was like ESPN3 and gave you access to the stuff not on ESPN... but like I said, I'm confused by the whole thing. lol.

I thought it was like ESPN3 and gave you access to the stuff not on ESPN... but like I said, I'm confused by the whole thing. lol.

For me it was an app on my Amazon Fire - $5/mo. Used it to watch a UAB game. Need to remember to cancel it.

For me it was an app on my Amazon Fire - $5/mo. Used it to watch a UAB game. Need to remember to cancel it.
So did you get all of the regular ESPN channels with it, or just the online stuff? Or is it programming that's not on either of those?

So did you get all of the regular ESPN channels with it, or just the online stuff? Or is it programming that's not on either of those?

Pretty sure it was access to stuff that was the old ESPN 3 stuff - online only but needed a sub to access it. Only used it one time.

You've got it right. A lot of FCS, small conference sports, "minor" sports, soccer, etc and some exclusive original programming.

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back