Knoxville Restaurants

Does the Charleston figure include Mt. Pleasant? Mt. Pleasant has exploded in the last 10 years.

Charleston is a destination. Knoxville isn't, except for 7 weekends a year.

I was surprised to find that even talking Metro area, Knoxville is larger than Charleston

Does the Charleston figure include Mt. Pleasant? Mt. Pleasant has exploded in the last 10 years.

Charleston is a destination. Knoxville isn't, except for 7 weekends a year.

If we’re going to factor in Mt Pleasant, then you’d have to start factoring in other parts of Knoxville as well. I was mainly just comparing the downtowns.

All this comparing of cities got me looking into Raleigh, Nc. I’ve been there several times, but wouldn’t have guessed that it has a population 4 times the size of Knoxville.

That really has me scratching my head as to why the SEC didn’t add NCSU over Mizzery.

Also, I’m aware we’ve ventured quite a ways from “Knoxville Restaurants”, but this new conversation is refreshing. We’ve beaten the craft beer specials to death 😂

All this comparing of cities got me looking into Raleigh, Nc. I’ve been there several times, but wouldn’t have guessed that it has a population 4 times the size of Knoxville.

That really has me scratching my head as to why the SEC didn’t add NCSU over Mizzery.

Also, I’m aware we’ve ventured quite a ways from “Knoxville Restaurants”, but this new conversation is refreshing. We’ve beaten the craft beer specials to death

We could revisit busy buffets, if you'd prefer

Also, I’m aware we’ve ventured quite a ways from “Knoxville Restaurants”, but this new conversation is refreshing. We’ve beaten the craft beer specials to death 😂
Meh, it’s ok because we are still kind of talking Knox restaurants and such.

If we’re going to make Knoxville like Charleston we’re never going to get there for any number of reason, including we’re not close to the beach.

No point in really comparing the two.

If we’re going to make Knoxville like Charleston we’re never going to get there for any number of reason, including we’re not close to the beach.

No point in really comparing the two.

Charleston has a beach, Knoxville has the mountains. The cities are actually very similar when you look into it.

Charleston has a beach, Knoxville has the mountains. The cities are actually very similar when you look into it.

It's funny how a lot of locals blow off the proximity and allure of the mountains. GSMNP is the most visited park in the country by a mile, with 11+ million visitors/yr, not including the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge-only crowd (another approx 11 million). Add in the hundreds of miles of lakes and rivers, and Knoxville is nearly-unmatched in outdoor/natural attraction.

It's funny how a lot of locals blow off the proximity and allure of the mountains. GSMNP is the most visited park in the country by a mile, with 11+ million visitors/yr, not including the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge-only crowd (another approx 11 million). Add in the hundreds of miles of lakes and rivers, and Knoxville is nearly-unmatched in outdoor/natural attraction.

I loving living here, but Knoxville is in no way, shape or form on the same level with Charleston. It simpley isn’t.

The reason I don't think the two are comparable is because Charleston has the charm of an historic town. Knoxville doesn't have that. Historic southern towns thrive on what Charleston has, and stores like Dumas and Sons are the pinnacle of historic southern town haberdasheries.

The reason I don't think the two are comparable is because Charleston has the charm of an historic town. Knoxville doesn't have that. Historic southern towns thrive on what Charleston has, and stores like Dumas and Sons are the pinnacle of historic southern town haberdasheries.

I agree, although I'm really not that swayed by haberdasheries.

I agree, although I'm really not that swayed by haberdasheries.

That's not quite where I was going with that. I was just using that type of store as an example of how, even if you put that type of store in Knoxville, it won't necessarily seem like it fits. It'll just look like a forced attempt to gentrify downtown Knoxville to make the area feel more antebellum-like (that's the best way I can explain the Charleston feel)

The economy works in mysterious ways...
Sellers want to make a profit. That's why they opened their doors. A great GM will understand what & where they are, & pander to their clientele to reap the most of the available benifits.
Buyers have disposable income. They want to give their cash away. The only thing the seller must know is to not pretend to be something they're not. Know your market. Adapt.
Ive worked downtown for nearly a decade. I get by just fine.

Business brings business.

We don't believe in competition. We can't control or even care what happens outside our walls, only what happens inside. Being scared of what's happening beside you will distract you of whats in front.

Went to Lewis Bbq today in Charleston. Felt like I was back home. (Home is Knoxville). 😂

Attachments

• 72B09A9F-FD82-407D-A143-096E53B8E859.jpg
    72B09A9F-FD82-407D-A143-096E53B8E859.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back