Grant Williams is ..............

Personally, I don’t think Williams has the size to play his forward position in the NBA.

I think he’s one hell of a college player but sometimes player’s skill set doesn’t translate to the NBA.

Williams is a smart kid. If not the NBA, he could definitely use his brains to land a great paying job in the future.

Either way, he’ll be successful.

He could dominate overseas and make good money if basketball is something he wants to pursue after college.

I don’t think anyone is 100% ruling out that he won’t get a chance in the NBA though. His wingspan may help make up for his lack of height. Develop a jumper and who knows.

Ok I am an idiot for asking what 40 star was

That’s what you get for interrupting a fascinating conversation.

Guessing this..The common notation for per-minute ratings is using per 36, or per 40 minute stats. Per minutes ratings are calculated by taking the player's total in any category (points, rebounds, assists, etc.) divided by total minutes played.

Last edited:
Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
*whistles* just saying.... grant out played him last year.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/govols247/status/830540598495105024[/twitter]

I do think he could make it to the G League after his senior season. That will get more NBA eyes on him rather than overseas.

He thinks Fulk is a poor man's Larry Bird

Or maybe I disagree with:

Originally Posted by 1985Vols:
Fullerton is in so now our deficit will grow

Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan:
Fulkerson is just terrible right now.

Originally Posted by VolFreakJosh:
He wouldn’t play on any other SEC team.

Are we really putting Fulkerson in the game?

Fulkerson scared lol

Originally Posted by Championships6:
Take Fulk out put Walker in smh

Originally Posted by VOLinAL:
Fulkerson should never be on the floor.

Oh hell, Fulkerson coming back in....

Fulkerson isn’t going to cut it and Williams is small for his position.

He doesn’t have the talent to compete in the SEC.

Reggie Johnson and Dale Ellis made me fall in love with Vol hoops, but the Wizard is my all-time favorite Vol

Johnson and Ellis just a hair too early for my memory. White propelled my middle school basketball career to averaging at least 2 pts a game as I aspired to be just like him.

Reactions: The Dog
Hopefully, he will be one of the most beloved Vols basketball players of our lifetimes.

Can I get a woot for Dan Federman??? Okay I'm joking, uh, and showing my Volunteer age. Anyway in all seriousness, if ESPN had a shred of credibility, Williams would have had the lead off article for a few days at least after that epic performance in Nashville, but they are too busy campaigning for Zion, this year's masturbatory fantasy for them. I truly believe the number of Duke and Zion articles/videos each day is quota based. I don't know what sort of financial arrangement they have with the ACC, but it's pretty dang transparent imo. Go Grant! Go Vols!

This is my first post in the basketball forum. I grew up a Tennessee fan in Kentucky- rough! Mostly football as my family had season tickets since the early 60’s, but as a teen I came down to Knoxville several times starting in the mid 70’s. The Ernie and Bernie show was a pain in Kentucky’s side in the seventies- exciting to watch and made my life easier.
All that said, Grant Williams deserves to be in the pantheon of Tennessee greats. King, Grunfeld, Ellis, White, Houston, Lofton and Grant (Schofield too) are all phenoms, but I don’t think there is one “GOAT”. Every one of those guys brought/brings their own skill set and style.
Players are one thing but teams are different; this team is a once-in-fifty-years thing. I hope everyone realizes that and enjoys this season whatever it may bring. I am content knowing that I probably won’t live to see a better team of guys wearing orange and white. GBO

Reactions: Godfatha
He's the best imitation of Charles Barkley on offense that I've ever seen. He's not the rebounder Barkley was and he might not even make the pros, but he's averaging 20 ppg and Barkley did just 15 ppg his junior year, and GW is more efficient shooting.

This is my first post in the basketball forum. I grew up a Tennessee fan in Kentucky- rough! Mostly football as my family had season tickets since the early 60’s, but as a teen I came down to Knoxville several times starting in the mid 70’s. The Ernie and Bernie show was a pain in Kentucky’s side in the seventies- exciting to watch and made my life easier.
All that said, Grant Williams deserves to be in the pantheon of Tennessee greats. King, Grunfeld, Ellis, White, Houston, Lofton and Grant (Schofield too) are all phenoms, but I don’t think there is one “GOAT”. Every one of those guys brought/brings their own skill set and style.
Players are one thing but teams are different; this team is a once-in-fifty-years thing. I hope everyone realizes that and enjoys this season whatever it may bring. I am content knowing that I probably won’t live to see a better team of guys wearing orange and white. GBO

Great first post!

Love hearing from the long time hoops fans

VN Store

Back