• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

UT close to deal with Jeff Brohm

I agree 100%!! Schiano would have been a great hire maybe he could have got the program in the right direction to where this team can be respected again then in the next 4 or 5 years you could have got ur big fish. I know everybody want the big name guy but in this state of this program you need someone to do the dirty and clean up all the bs that's been going on..This coach could be a Butch Jones 2.0

Schiano wouldn’t have made it through the introductory PC. Get over it dude! And YOU created a thread telling us to “get behind Butch because he WILL be back next year”. So this 2.0 thing should be in your wheelhouse.

Reactions: 3 people
after sunday, and last night, did anyone really expect to be "excited"?????????????????

i really don't get the attitude about this potential hire, or really any potential hire, at this point, given the current climate surrounding this university.

there's a reality check that needs to happen.

Yeah UT is a tough sell at the moment, if this deal with Brohm is accurate we ought to all collectively breath a sigh of relief. From what I have seen of him in the past couple of hours, he seems like a player's coach, the kind of guy that identifies with his players and can get them motivated. That is a quality in a coach we have sorely lacked for a long time. I'm willing to give this guy a chance and really, we don't have the luxury of being picky at the moment.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys this is getting ridiculous. Sounds like the athletic dept is in a civil war. Conflicting reports everywhere

I guess you didn’t see the words “right now” after home run. Gundy or Petersen would have been great. Kiffin is in no way a home run, especially due to the fact that many of our fans would protest bringing him back. Our current situation, which is grim, has clouded people’s judgement into thinking Kiffin is the equivalent of a Saban. Brohm is highly regarded by the people and players he has been involved with. He took a Purdue team that won 6-7 games in 3-4 years to being a bowl eligible team in 1 season. If that doesn’t impress you, then you don’t have a very tight grasp on CF
I'm more impressed with Bill Clark at UAB taking a team that hasn't existed for two years to 8-4 and bowl eligible with whatever players he could find.

Reactions: 3 people
Schiano wouldn’t have made it through the introductory PC. Get over it dude! And YOU created a thread telling us to “get behind Butch because he WILL be back next year”. So this 2.0 thing should be in your wheelhouse.

If you hadn't seen it yet, google Jeff Brohm xfl. After that, I am pumped about getting him.

Great, see ya'll in another 4-5 years during the next search.

Ignorant statement. This guy won big at Western Kentucky and took an absolutely horrible program at Purdue and took them to a bowl in year one. This guy is a winner, plain and simple.

After the crap show that we've endured over the last few days we are beyond lucky to land him.

Dude was at a basketball school that came close to beating Wisconsin and beat an Iowa team that beat OSU and Iowa State. Give the dude a chance Vol Nation.

Reactions: 2 people
Guys this is getting ridiculous. Sounds like the athletic dept is in a civil war. Conflicting reports everywhere

Well since the Schiano article was being brought up and the link passed around during the Vandy game, 24 hours before the news of him being hired broke? It is less of a civil war, and more of a gang war. Complete with conspiracy, propaganda, and rabble rousing. The only thing missing from this circus is 3 rings, a ringmaster and an orchestra.

Sounds like the Brohmance is going to end in disappointment. Lots of reputable people reporting no deal. We're being used to get him a better contact.

VN Store

Back