UT close to deal with Jeff Brohm

Well since the Schiano article was being brought up and the link passed around during the Vandy game, 24 hours before the news of him being hired broke? It is less of a civil war, and more of a gang war. Complete with conspiracy, propaganda, and rabble rousing. The only thing missing from this circus is 3 rings, a ringmaster and an orchestra.

Even the folks providing coaching counsel to Currie have never seen anything like this. There are two factions at UT driving us into ditch. You have Currie/Haslam on one side and Fulmer/Manning/Ergen on the other side. My friend's prediction is Currie will get fired and replaced by Fulmer and that Tee Martin will be named our HC. BTW...the advisers told Currie that Tee and Dave Doeren would be the most risky hires we could possibly make.

The people who donate the most money to the school are the ones who are going to bring us down.

Reactions: 1 person
According to the recruit he told him he wasn't going to Tennessee

Which is great because it would be unethical to say otherwise until deal is finalized. But recruit would have to be unbelievably dumb if he did not connect the dots and understand this could present real opportunity to him to play football in the real football conference.

This would be a good hire if it happens.

I doubt it will happen. Apparently he is telling recruits he won't be leaving Purdue.

BTW: Tennessee is on the down side of a cyclical period. Purdue is the B1G version of Tulane. Brohm won't be able to do much about that.

I'm beginning to fear that Tennessee's best option might be to hold its nose and hire a 2017 version of Dooley/Jones, then suffer for a few more years while the stink of this fiasco is forgotten, then conduct a coach search in a dignified manner without the name Gruden being once mentioned.

I'm beginning to fear that Tennessee's best option might be to hold its nose and hire a 2017 version of Dooley/Jones, then suffer for a few more years while the stink of this fiasco is forgotten, then conduct a coach search in a dignified manner without the name Gruden being once mentioned.

You may not be wrong, but in that case, I would rather bring Fulmer back for 2 years. I cant believe i just typed that. I also can't believe you cant offer enough cash to Brohm to get him to say yes.

This would be a good hire if it happens.

I doubt it will happen. Apparently he is telling recruits he won't be leaving Purdue.

LOL of course he is. It doesn’t mean a thing. How should it go?

Hi I’m Brohm and I’m recruiting you. I’d love for you to play for me but I may pack my things and head to TN. I think not.

You may not be wrong, but in that case, I would rather bring Fulmer back for 2 years. I cant believe i just typed that. I also can't believe you cant offer enough cash to Brohm to get him to say yes.

If that is the choice, it is better to stick with Hoke.

I am done with this administration and football program. I have been a die hard fan for 40 years and this has been the most embarrassing year and coach search I have ever seen. I am pulling my kids out of the university and sending them down to chattanooga. I will be glad to give my money to them. Their program and administration is so much better.

I am done with this administration and football program. I have been a die hard fan for 40 years and this has been the most embarrassing year and coach search I have ever seen. I am pulling my kids out of the university and sending them down to chattanooga. I will be glad to give my money to them. Their program and administration is so much better.

If your a half decent parent im assuming you sent your kids there for academics. Not real sure what a coaching search has to do with your kids education. But go for it. You’ll really show them and your kids????

If your a half decent parent im assuming you sent your kids there for academics. Not real sure what a coaching search has to do with your kids education. But go for it. You’ll really show them and your kids????

I am a decent parent. I am also a $250k per year donor for the last 15 years to the athletic program. Yeah, I'd say that would show them, as well as the other 30 donors that are pulling their funding. Anything else you would like to say?

Reactions: 1 person
I am a decent parent. I am also a $250k per year donor for the last 15 years to the athletic program. Yeah, I'd say that would show them, as well as the other 30 donors that are pulling their funding. Anything else you would like to say?
Would you kindly flip me 23k to pay off my truck? You would be my new hero for sure!

Reactions: 2 people

What if your kids want to go to UTK? You missed the academics part of the question.

Well then you tell me who we deserve genius? We’re coming off a 4 win season, our recruiting class is crumbling, and it’s evident that our controlling powers are incompetent. Our program is possibly the worst in the country right now, among serious football schools anyway.

So just who do we deserve?

Pee wee herman right about now

Sure you are...... and even if you really are, I can assure you 250K won’t hurt their feelings.

VN Store

Back