UT close to deal with Jeff Brohm

And was very good at Western Kentucky, which...I know, but he won two conference championships in three years, 30-10 record with them total. That's about as impressive as you're gonna get on a Conference USA resume.

Butch looked good in this regard too

Saban vs Brohm Comparison? Get outta here! Saban had already proven he can recruit and win. LSU 48-16. Why are we ok with a 50% coach?

Currie is panicking! When you Panic you make bad decisions.

Schiano - Bad
Gundy - Played us for a future raise at OK State
Chad Morris - Freaking Kidding me?
Brohm - Wins .500 and hes top target?

I like Norvell, Fuente over Brohm

But he wasn’t responding to Saban’s FUTURE accomplishments. Brohm was mocked for coaching Purdue to 6-6 in his first season. Nickie’s first 4?seasons at Michigan State resulted in records of 6-5-1, 6-6, 7-5 and 6-6. If another school had hired him after that? Sometimes it’s better to wait to be right.

Reactions: 1 person
Like the Hire! Hope he doesn't just bring all his assistants with him and give them all raises like Butch did. We will give him enough money to hire a great staff. I would like to see Shannon get a look for DC

Agree. And let's consider some VFLs currently in coaching, too.

dude. this again? give it a rest. we're not in the position of being able to dictate how this goes. you get brohm, all things considered, we have fallen ass backwards in to a pile of daisies if this hire is true.

you never did answer my question yesterday.......who do you think we should target?

Les Miles
Les Miles
LES MILES

dude. this again? give it a rest. we're not in the position of being able to dictate how this goes. you get brohm, all things considered, we have fallen ass backwards in to a pile of daisies if this hire is true.

you never did answer my question yesterday.......who do you think we should target?

He’s a misery whore. If this works out he won’t be posting. If it’s truly 5 years of misery, his ass will post every hour.

Reactions: 4 people
Is the Hyams twitter account that is reporting Brohm to TN the real one?? He reported Monday that there were over 25 fake hyams twitter accounts out there.

When you hire mediocrity you get exactly that. Honestly at this point I would rather have Kiffin. Could care less he bolted on us for the USC job. He will be a HC in the SEC and I would rather have him on our sideline then the other.

It's hard to hire better than mediocre when you already ARE mediocre. Especially when you're a moron like John Currie. We can all agree on that.

But at this point, this guy has shown he can coach and his offense looks better than Butch's did even when you evaluate it from a perspective of Purdue vs. Cincinnati.

It is what it is. It's really time to put the pitchforks away.

Reactions: 2 people
*Insert fake enthusiasm for a sup-par unproven coach* We will be doing this same thing in 3 years when this doesn't work out. "Big name, explosive, enpensive hire." SMH

the lack of situational awareness being displayed by some is mind boggling. smh.

Reactions: 2 people
*Insert fake enthusiasm for a sup-par unproven coach* We will be doing this same thing in 3 years when this doesn't work out. "Big name, explosive, enpensive hire." SMH

Sad thing is the “big name, explosive, expensive hire” was Schiano to Currie. Pathetic imo.

Typical UT. Trade down, spend more, start talking "fahr whoever is coaching" in a year or two.

If it is Brohm, wish you well. You will be trying to succeed with both arms tied behind your back and the same expectations as OSU and Bama fans.

Why? Because our program is a joke right now. I don’t think some of you realize the severity of what has happened in this past week. We are the laughing stock of CF at this moment. Our recruiting class is going to take a hit, and anyone with eyeballs can see the trash of a team we currently have at this point with the exception of a few good talents.

We could wave 20 mil a year in some coaches faces right now and they still wouldn’t come. You guys aren’t grasping money logic very much. For lots of us that prob make say 50-150K, we just can’t fathom why someone wouldn’t come here a few more mil a year. If your already making 3-4 mil a year, then that extra 2 mil doesn’t really make or break you. When your already rich, quality of the job, environment, and stability are a big factor. If you haven’t noticed, UT has none of those right now. These big name coaches aren’t bums in an alley fighting over a fifth of liquor. They’ve already made it.

I agree 100%!! Schiano would have been a great hire maybe he could have got the program in the right direction to where this team can be respected again then in the next 4 or 5 years you could have got ur big fish. I know everybody want the big name guy but in this state of this program you need someone to do the dirty and clean up all the bs that's been going on..This coach could be a Butch Jones 2.0

VN Store

Back