Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to day thanks AV for giving us an update. Genuinely appreciated!!

And another thanks for all the hopeful still here. I agree completely with poster who mentioned the Gruden Threads were more than just about Gruden. They have definitely been about hope for good things, in general, for Tennessee and 🏉, for me as well.

This historical event we are experiencing has to somehow get us to other side eventually. Will be here for the ride.

Reactions: 1 person
Brohm may still hold a grudge from when we broke his leg and cost him a season - UT vs Louisville, Sept 6, 1991. I was there pulling for our Vols.

Currie absolutely talked with Gruden.

Not only that, but conspired with Davenport to put out false flight info as well as her liking of the tweet. They need to be run outta town on a rail.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 people
I would think now, Kiffen, Tee Martin, but probably Fulmer. in that order.

Kiffin maybe will come.... he wanted to before, but is not on any ones radar in AD office, hearing Tee is, but Fulmer will never coach at UT again I any capacity

First one is from Davenport this morning... and the second is something I saw on twitter that I thought was interesting. Not sure who the poster is.

And this is why Tee is not the choice for me...everybody is saying get rid of the old money and yet his agent is wrapped up in tighter than dick's hat band. Please correct me if I'm wrong but is not supporing the exact same thing that we all are upset about as it pertains to what the media is saying?

I think Schiano would have been a decent coach and brought a level of toughness back that is sorely needed. We could do worse. BUT...I don't think with his rep as being harsh on players along with the pedo stuff...would make us a team of 2 and 3 stars. Better coached....but a lot less talented than we could be. We would be a 30th ranked class type program imo. We'd still be better than Butch's more talent rich team....but there's no reason we can't have great recruiting classes AND be well coached.

Yesterday’s summary and what we learned: In the spirit of Grand Vol and until he wants to do it again, here we go.
Yesterday morning was filled with anticipation and anxiety. Soon, we had an update from Jason La Canfora, of CBS, stating that Gruden to Tennessee was still very much in play. The euphoria didn’t last long however as rumors heated up that Greg SchiaNO was in play. Rumors quickly became fact and it was on.

At its peak, VolNation had 16k users on it and wow, were we in for a ride. The news got worse and worse and when all hope for a better candidate seemed lost, the voice of Vol Nation was heard. Students rallied, social media rallied, and elected officials made noise. Headlines popped up everywhere that the AD was backing away from their idiotic choice.

Our insiders took a lot of heat as we had, no doubt, a record number of trolls hopping onto the train. Atlanta VOL was silent as I’m sure his hands were full. MIT Beav was active on Twitter and we kept getting those updates. Tuesday was on in the morning but like most, I’m sure was stunned with the course of the day’s events. Props to Knuckle, UTVolinexile, and Boro for taking on all comers in the evening free for all.

Freak joined us for a bit and reminded us to play nicely or else and for the most part the temperature cooled down. I’m betting that Ape’s reply helped as well. Somebody, somewhen asked SWFL to bring some pixie dust and Grand Vol just may have been the most angry of us all.

What we did learn was this: we the people of Volunteer Nation have a voice. UT deserves the best and alumni, current student body, and fans support this program as well as any other in the country. As long as that remains, we have to demand that our Administration and AD give us what we deserve. We want Gruden but we’ll settle for a Head Coach who has proven he can win!
Thanks Nate! Excellent job. :)

I'm with you, duckriver. I just think priority one has to be cleaning out Haslam and Currie, otherwise the circle of dysfunction continues.

I am 100% behind you.

We have to have a different AD a coach that we want and need. It's just painful to see so many totally give up.

Reactions: 3 people
Folks while you're sitting on your backsides complaining here, I hope to hell you're making you voices heard by sending emails. I can assure you, I practice what I preach, it started at 3 a.m. this morning. We can't move forward with a coaching hire until that SOB Currie is fired...as well as his accomplice Davenport. You cannot convince me her ars didn't know what the hell was going on. Send the emails!!!!!!

great idea.

how about taking the lead on this and posting names and addresses where to send the emails ?

ironic, as the very next post ... it's a sign for you. :hi:

I started a thread, but there's so much activity, it got completely over ran in about 1 minute, so I'll post here as well.

I called Davenports office. Actually got a live person. I talked to Alex Wheeler. He said he's taking note of all calls and passing them along to davenport. He said they are definitely hearing from a lot of people, voicing their displeasure of Currie. I asked him if it was like hundreds, or thousands; he said all in all, thousands are having their voices heard, but not even hundreds on the phone.

We need to go over Curries head, which is over Davenport.
Call and email President DiPietro.

Contact Information

800 Andy Holt Tower
1331 Circle Park
Knoxville, TN 37996
Tel: 865-974-2241
Fax: 865-974-3753

@UTPresidentJoe on Twitter
President Joe DiPietro on Facebook

Executive Assistant to the President

David Golden
dgolden@tennessee.edu
865-974-2241

BLOW! IT! UP!

Be reasonable but firmly voice your displeasure and concerns. BE HEARD!

No. Currie/Haslam do not get to deep 6 the Gruden deal and then cover it up by hiring Tee, who is woefully underprepared to take such a position, to show they are still TN guys.

HELL NO!! Currie must go, Haslam must go. Stop the coaching search and remove the cancer.

volgr gets it! :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back