Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Wetzel on a show earlier (can't remember which) and he said the statement against Schiano wasn't first person but second hand. That no civil or criminal charges were ever brought against Schiano after an exhaustive investigation by the FBI.

OK, let's say he isn't guilty of that. Not saying he isn't but let's set that aside for a minute.

You stop have all these other justifiable reasons why Schiano should not be hired by UT.

The allegations of how he destroyed the Tampa locker room with his personality, the autocratic style of managing his players. Apparently he was paranoid that players and other coaches were constantly plotting against him. Having his defense try to hurt other players.And his NFL record was awful.

At Rutgers his APR was awful. He caught lightning in a bottle with Ray Rice and had a couple decent seasons in a crappy conference.

Just on his resume, reputation, and record alone he should have never been in considerstion.

Then add even the hint of knowledge about the Sandusky fiaso as the cherry on top and even my pea brain is asking, wtf was Currie thinking?

Haslam was enamored with Schiano for whatever reason, Currie was buddies with him, so they tried to backdoor us with this sob.

Two people, and only 2 wanted this clown. When other AD employees were asked it was pretty much negative across the board. And they STILL tried to pull this crap.

That's screams 2 things to me, arrogance or stupidity and I'm not sure the line isn't blurred in this situation.

I don't see us recovering from this for a long, long time.

Those 2 clowns took was the 1 opportunity that us fans have been waiting on to bring some sort of relevance to the program and crapped all over it.

It has been brought up all the good the Haslams do for the university, that doesn't absolve them from the damage they do to the university with their heavy handed ways.

Smh.. what a cluster ****.

This is what I've been screaming to my friends. We have got to drive out the Haslam family if we ever want to stop the S$$$ show.

Reactions: 1 person
Please read the top of this thread...

Just take a second.

Mine says Jon Gruden.

It's good to have hope, and it's great to have faith.

We are on this thread because we want our University to be great again.

JON GRUDEN will make UT great again!

I'm with you, duckriver. I just think priority one has to be cleaning out Haslam and Currie, otherwise the circle of dysfunction continues.

I've got 100$ that says they didn't

Nothing from Currie would make me believe he did any leg work other than a phone call to gauge interest

I will back Ainge on this, if you were there, you knew. It was so widespread there were jokes about getting Sanduskied! He also has way more baggage than the Penn st. Info.

OMG! The more I know about this the more angry I become. Atlanta Vol, please let us know how we can help.

You can help by continuing to band together and voicing your opinions to any and every outlet you can. Time is of the essence.

Edited: sorry to speak for you ATL but you might not be able to respond for awhile and time is of the essence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This mess is too big for an inexperienced coach like Tee. It really isn't even fair to put him in this spot.

I'm not saying it's fair or disputing his inexperience. UT is in a really bad spot now and any options that were previously on the board are very well possibly off now. We may not have many options and he may be our best. At the very least he can pull a good staff in. JMO of course.

Bama had to kick Bryant Jrs ass to the curb before they could align the stars. Tennessee is in that process.

Unfortunately, it’s about 12 months too late. Gruden was the scape goat. He will never coach here.

Probably not, but damn it, I just wish I knew the real story. Rissilo (sp) just said Gruden was never going to Tennessee, but he was confused why he did the whole rocky top thing with the Seattle guys. Said he must just be trolling TENNESSEE.

I could accept that as why he hasn't publicly addressed it, but why would he take that shot at really pissing people off? His son goes to UT, we know he has other ties to Knoxville like his wife's family, he spent some time going to games this year....

I just can't see trolling. Doesn't add up.

Reactions: 7 people
Booster war has begun and it is long overdue.

This would make an excellent 30 for 30.....and I'm sure this will become a future case study for most sports and business management courses at Universities near you in the not so distant future. I love my vols but damn.......the proverbial one step forward and two steps backwards saying.....not at Tennessee ....it's More like two steps backwards, fall on our @$$ like a frat girl funneling PGA then a ride to the clink for PD. Only at Tennessee!

:dance2: =Gruden Thread at 8 am Yesterday
:lolabove: = (insert coach here) Thread at 9 am
:crazy: =UTAD all day yesterday
:furious3: =All threads at 6pm Yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Be sure to demand Davenport's dismissal as well. She HAD TO BE complicit in this.

I did. I told bev and DiPietro I would not support the university, either the academic or athletic side, until Currie and Davenport were removed.

Guys, in addition to preacherwebb's excellent listing of contact info, I suggest our Twitter users get behind the #FireJohnCurrie hashtag. Tweets can't be deleted by the admin.

Reactions: 6 people
Why did you email Davenport? She is a Haslam lackey--along with Currie.

Wake up Vols Fans-- it is about more than naming a new coach.

I agree, but it made me feel better to tell her what I thought of her stunt.

Bring Fulmer back, he is the best option, He has alway been a faithful Vol, for 3 to 5 years. Give the fans time to heal. what a messed up Job. JMHO

Reactions: 2 people
This is a job for Sir William Wallace !!!

(Someone with photoshop skills needs to change this to Tennessee orange face paint)...

Attachments

• a0278d6ebd9591c39e398b65ed9c5dd9d7d6ea7686578f1088d41908c6b92ca4.jpg
    a0278d6ebd9591c39e398b65ed9c5dd9d7d6ea7686578f1088d41908c6b92ca4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 551
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back