Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
[twitter]https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/935212765370662912[/twitter]

I think Tee will make a great head coach one day... not today. He needs to work under a great head coach for more than one or two seasons before taking over a program as big as UT’s. It would be a recipe for disaster right now.

Reactions: 2 people
For those insisting Gruden turned us down....

For those insisting that insiders are liars...

Please stop and think.

We can not begin to evaluate Gruden or our “insiders,” when we have good reason to believe that no legitimate offer was ever made to Gruden. Last week, Currie told us everything we needed to know when he labeled UT’s Gruden interest as a mere “procedural motion.” At the time, we thought he was just postponing the announcement with a BS remark. Now we know “procedural motion” was the most honest phrase to come from Currie since day one of this search. Schiano was Haslam’s white whale all along. And Currie has just been going through the “motion” of acting interested in Gruden (and others) to placate fans and boosters. The entire search process was hijacked by special interests. And now things are making sense.

Why did Currie think it wise to head to the Bahamas? Because he already had Haslam’s white whale.

Why did he cancel a Friday meeting with Mullen before Florida had even been turned down by Frost?
Because he already had Haslam’s white whale.

Why did he smile during the press conference and wink at the student section?
Because he’s apparently an egotistical jerk...
...and because he already had Haslam’s white whale.

Bottom line: Until we remove Currie and Haslam’s influence, and until we hire an AD dedicated to winning, we have no business troll hunting.

Reactions: 8 people
Please read the top of this thread...

Just take a second.

Mine says Jon Gruden.

It's good to have hope, and it's great to have faith.

We are on this thread because we want our University to be great again.

JON GRUDEN will make UT great again!

Reactions: 7 people
Office of the Chancellor
527 Andy Holt Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996-0184
Phone: 865-974-3265 • Fax: 865-974-4811 • Email: chancellor@utk.edu[/QUOTE]

Email sent

That's good. One more to go.
Have you contacted the President or Lady Davenport?

Call and email President DiPietro.

Tel: 865-974-2241
Fax: 865-974-3753

@UTPresidentJoe on Twitter
President Joe DiPietro on Facebook

Executive Assistant to the President
David Golden
dgolden@tennessee.edu

Can someone please repost all the UT contacts info again?

I know I saw it but can’t find it for some reason. Thanks!

He's a program builder, for sure, so I think he can improve us. Not worried about that part.

Plus his public image is good, clean history, winning attitude, family man.

Fun bonus, QB'd in the XFL.

I like Brohm and I’ve always thought he would be #1 of my 2nd tier of coaches (wayyyy above Schiano). But if you personally know him, you might want to call him and tell him to not deal with Currie. He could bring the Bear back from the grave and hire him and no one is going to support any hire Currie makes.

After Currie is gone, I’d gladly welcome Brohm after a short list of home run hires tell us no 5 times each.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Tee will make a great head coach one day... not today. He needs to work under a great head coach for more than one or two seasons before taking over a program as big as UT’s. It would be a recipe for disaster right now.

If he surrounds himself with the right staff I'm all for it!

Reactions: 1 person
Schiano was never plan B as I alluded to earlier...even sadder part is I found out about it from one of Urbans very close associates literally as it was going down Sunday afternoon with a text “did you know you are closing in on Schiano? Your crew is up here now are you aware?”

Ill elaborate more once I have time to put the rest of the puzzle together and the timing around it but rest assured this guy was never even on most of our radar until the very last second....which is clearly what Currie wanted.

I am headed to knoxville now...then off to an another location to discuss what measures will help force change. We must demand accountability....pure and simple.

Sincerely appreciate what you bring...value and commitment to the greater good if the university and our storied program.

Reactions: 2 people
I emailed Bev and DiPietro. Who else?

emailed and called.

there are actual people who will answer the phone, take your name and number, and (at least they say) forward it to their desk.

i know i'll never hear back personally, but they need to hear as many voices as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back