Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know timing, but my source telling me what he told me when he was irritated is telling in my opinion. Couple that with all these news articles exploding something is brewing finally.

Reactions: 2 people
attachment.php

Attachments

• this-house-has-sho-gone-crazy-.jpg
    this-house-has-sho-gone-crazy-.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
@_littlebuddy asked “you talked to him?” And allbright said back, “couldn’t quote him if I didn’t.”

If he had s direct quote from JG wouldn’t that be a breaking news story fror him?? Would he really just piss a direct quote from JG away on a twitter reply?

I'm going to revisit Currie's press conference for a moment.
He can't be a total idiot and have gotten as far as he has therefore I'm going to make some assumptions.

He spent a lot of time preparing himself for it. Prepared answers for as many as possible questions he thought he would be asked.

He knows the obsession most of Vol fans have with Gruden therefore he was prepared for the Gruden question when it came. His nonverbal response was planned and he knew the reaction it would get therefore he believes he does have Gruden.

If any of the above is incorrect then he truly is incompetent.

Yes it takes several days.
Day 1: call to set up an interview
Day 2: nothing
Day 3: interview, maybe, if the schedules work
Day 4: talk it over with the president
Day 5: make an offer
Day 6: best case scenario you announce a hire by that day

Hey, if that is the schedule you want, I am okay with it.

The reality is this is an employment contract with some extras. It should have been hammered out a couple of weeks ago with an agent and signed by now.

Maybe the announcement will come tomorrow.

Last edited:
Again, I want an accounting of the people and websites who made fun of us. I will call these people to task when the Gruden hire is announced.

Pat Forde said on the Big10 channel, that Gruden would come to UT right after the Great Pumpkin rises. And if Gruden does take the job, he will come to Knoxville and tote boxes into the offices.

I BELIEVE!!!

@_littlebuddy asked “you talked to him?” And allbright said back, “couldn’t quote him if I didn’t.”

This exchange isn't in the Allbright Twitter feed. Where can I see this? In the Allbright string, someone asks who said it and he replies that Jon Gruden said it, but when asked directly if he spoke to Gruden, he goes off topic and refers to the article.

I don't believe he has spoken to Gruden personally. He is repeating what was said in the Football Scoop article and what was said in the July 31st article.

Currie:

"As we close out the final two games of the regular season—still with the opportunity to compete in a bowl game—Coach Hoke will serve as interim head coach. I know Vol Nation will stick together, rally around this team and support these student-athletes who, despite adversity throughout this season, continue to play with great effort and intensity.

"Meanwhile, we now turn our attention to an exhaustive search to identify a coach of the highest integrity and character with the skills and vision to return Tennessee football to championship form. Our commitment to doing what it takes to hire the absolute best coach for the University of Tennessee is resolute.

To protect the integrity of our process, following the press conference I will have no further public comments until such time we announce our new coach. This search will be my sole focus and I will be in regular contact with Chancellor Davenport. Naturally, there will be great interest and speculation across the college football world. As I reminded our student-athletes when I met with them earlier today, unless you hear news directly from me, do not assume it to be accurate."

Yeah but Nick Saban said the same thing about Alabama, Jim Harbaugh about Michigan and Urban Myer about Ohio State so I'm not inclined to believe this is dead just yet.
Exactly. Until the wolf says so himself. ALL of this is bs. Remember the Beaver.

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk

Sane view point alert: I acknowledge Gruden becoming the coach of Tennessee is a long shot, it would be just great if it happened. He would have to be insane to take the job, but he may be. Truth is no person with actual inside access or knowledge would post on here. Have fun believing but have some common sense. The most credible sources to this point saying Gruden are Brice and CBS. And it was about a year ago that Trump shocked the world and the experts.

I want to work for your company if these sized deals get hashed that quickly and efficiently.

Pretending a $10mil/yr deal is small change for any organization is a joke.

I would say you don't want to work for his company if they're making 10 million dollar deals within 48 hours. Sounds like they're on their way to bankruptcy

Gruden is not going to give the scoop that he's coming to the VOLS to a radio guy from Denver. Now, Mike/MIke on their last shows together on ESPN might get something.

Getting it in for the record I'm a believer. Fellow Vols in mid-alaska are welcome to join the party this weekend at the banks to celebrate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back