Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point out where he says Gruden isn’t coming to Tennessee? I can’t find it.

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account
@AllbrightNFL
23m23 minutes ago
More
Replying to @ViperTheShowOff @connoramos14 @RaidersAnalysis
Weirdest thing in the world to make up that I "hate the Vols." Not sure why a sane person would fabricate that out of thin air.

Gruden is not talking to the Vols, he is not going to coach the Vols. Period

Reactions: 1 person
Benjamin Albright is saying he specifically has spoken to Gruden and said he won’t be at Tennessee, for what it’s worth.

Yeah but Nick Saban said the same thing about Alabama, Jim Harbaugh about Michigan and Urban Myer about Ohio State so I'm not inclined to believe this is dead just yet.

I haven't posted on here in years, but read often. I just wanted to ask if anyone remembers when footballscoop.com said that Harbaugh was a big no for the Michigan job?

1bu888.jpg

FootballScoop Article
Michigan "struggling" to find their next head coach - FootballScoop
"Multiple sources I spoke with told me Jim Harbaugh has already told Michigan that he is not a candidate."

Actually, there were a ton of sources who said that it wouldn't be a thing. A quick Google search will reveal that. Not saying he is coming, but we surely can't dismiss the idea because of a single article.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Serious question here - why do we all think that we'll hear something official this week or next?

Looking back, I can't remember a single new college coach ever being announced before the final game of the regular season. Why would this situation be any different?

swains remarks are concerning.

i think thats a bad sign unless someone told him to cool the jets.

i hope we have a good number 2.

i still believe though! (because I need to!)

Swain has absolutely no clue. I will take Wallace and Brice over Swain anyway.

It is part of my job.

The fact that you lead with the money shows that you don't understand deal negotiation.

The dollars, in this case, is the simple part. You are not buying a business with assets and revenue streams to evaluate. This is an employment deal. Pretty simple.

I know you guys are trying to hang on and discredit anyone that says it is possible the deal is not going to happen.

I want it to happen but it should be done by now.

That's the thing.. it COULD BE done! They wouldn't necessarily have to make it public the very second it's finalized.

InB4 "It would be public record" - Not until it is officially entered into the State employment records, which could be prolonged indefinitely.

I am at least 2 out of 4.

I don't care if I am wrong

Would I be upset that the day I die, to find out there is no heaven?

Not..one...bit

I will not regret hoping we get Gruden. Hope is all we have now

Now if all these atheists would stop trying to yell over our service, it would be great

Reactions: 14 people
Serious question here - why do we all think that we'll hear something official this week or next?

Looking back, I can't remember a single new college coach ever being announced before the final game of the regular season. Why would this situation be any different?

I'm paying devil's advocate because I think regardless it will be after the season, but he's not a sitting coach so he's not worried about getting fired for cause for talking to another school while under contract.

early signing period

This NFL reporter said he spoke to Gruden personally
Twitter

So what is Gruden supposed to say? "Yes I have been in high level talks for weeks about this job and I intend to sign a deal" every coach that's rumored for a job like this ends up saying one of two things; "I can't comment on that" or "I have not been contacted by the organization/I am not interested"

Reactions: 5 people
Who the heck is Benjamin Allbright? Why would I actually believe that Gruden would personally give him a scoop as big as this?

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account
@AllbrightNFL
NFL Draft. QBs. As seen...everywhere. Co-host on AM1340, 104.7 FM Denver

When this fool Gruden doesn't take the job AGAIN are you guys going to be in here 5 years from now entertaining this same idiotic bs when the next coach is fired or are you going to say f*** Gruden?

Im still getting caught up but had to reply,

If we dont get Gruden we will damn sure be right back in this position 5 yrs from now.

Thats why its so important to land the white whale this time.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back